Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Destiny ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 1
“I WISH YOU WOULD JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!” Yelled angry teenage girl named Hermione. She had gotten into another argument with her parents. Before she stormed out of the house, she grabbed her wand, not knowing why, but felt she needed it.
She needed a place to think and decided to go to the park. It was almost midnight and no one would be there. It was a perfect place to be.
Hermione slowly walked through the park, thinking. Then she saw the swings. She walked to them and sat down. She pulled her back on the seat, ready to push off. When she let go, her whole body felt light as a feather and all her problems faded away. She wanted to go higher, so she pumped herself higher and higher, smiling as the wind blow on her face. Soon she was able to look over the park trees.
Her smile grew wider, but soon it faded away. She narrowed her eyes to make sure what she was seeing was true. “No it can't be.” Hermione whispered to herself.
What she saw was her house. But something was wrong. There was smoke coming from her house. When she came back up for another look, she shrieked. A huge fire suddenly lit up from her house.
Without thinking, she jumped off her swing, while it was still in the air. Her landing was painful. She fought the pain and got up. As fast as she could, she ran towards her house, in hopes to save her parents.
When Hermione reached her block, the fire was even bigger, shedding light through the darkness of the night. All of the neighbors were already out of their houses. One came up to Hermione. “Hermione! Oh thank goodness you're okay. I just called the fire department. They're on their way.” The women had on a nightgown and curlers in her hair. Hermione ignored all she said. “Where are my mum and dad?”
“You mean they're not with you?” the neighbor asked horror struck.
Hermione felt her heart stop. “They must've escaped. They just had to.” Hermione thought to herself. But even she didn't believe herself. Tears rolled down her eyes.
The neighbor saw this felt sorry for her. “It's okay dear. The fire department is on their way.” She said trying to comfort the sobbing girl. It wasn't working.
Hermione felt helpless, until she realized she's a witch. She can make the fire go away. She padded her pocket in search of her wand, but it wasn't there. She looked around. “No I couldn't have lost it! It's not in the house, I took it with me when I went to the...” Hermione thought to herself. “PARK!” she yelled, startling a few people near-by. They all gave her weird looks. She ignored them and ran towards the park.
She retraced her steps, looking in every area she been to. Her steps led her to the swings. She was happy to see her wand yet wasn't happy to see who was holding it. It was a death eater. “What do you want?” Hermione called to him as bravely as she could but was failing. The death eater had their hood up and mask on, so Hermione couldn't see their face. “Who are you?” she asked, now showing her fear.
The mysterious death eater slowly put his hand towards his mask and took it off. He then pulled down his hood. Hermione's heart skipped a beat. She knew this person all too well; with their silvery blonde hair slick back with gel and their piercing gray eyes. “Malfoy!”
"Malfoy-you're a death eater?" Hermione looked at him with both fear and anger in her eyes. Malfoy stood there with not an ounce of emotion in his eyes. His clod gray eyes was staring at her making her feel nervous and putting her in some type of trace. She finally snapped out of it and started yelling at him.
"Malfoy! Give me back my wand.” she said to him putting her hand out to get her wand. Malfoy just stood there not even moving. "Malfoy I swear if you don't give me my wand, you regret it later." Malfoy then started to smirk. Hermione was pissed off by now. While her parents were about to die, a stupid Malfoy who was playing games with her was stopping her from saving them. Hermione felt the anger coming out of her. She balled the hand she placed out into a fist and charged at Malfoy ready to punch the shit out of him.
Malfoy quickly dodged her and wrapped himself around her holding her tightly making sure she didn't move. Hermione struggled to get out of his grip but he was too strong for her. He quickly dropped her to the floor and backed away from her, still holding on to Hermione's wand. Hermione dropped to her knees and hands and started crying. Her parents were going die because of him. "Malfoy. Please give me back my wand. I'm begging you." Hermione said to him in between sobs. She kept her face down not wanting to look at his face. They stood silent for a while and then Hermione saw her wand placed in front of her. She looked up at him while he stared at her with his stern face.
Then his eyes soften slightly for a second but then went back to normal. She grabbed her wand and put it in her pocket. All of a sudden there was a huge bang through the air and following after the dark mark appeared in the sky. Malfoy and Hermione looked up in the air." Oh no. They're coming." Malfoy returned his attention to Hermione. "We have to get out of here. They're coming for you." Hermione looked at him confused. "What are you talking about?" "I'll tell you later now follow me before things turn ugly."
He grabbed Hermione's arm and pulled her up. "Don't you ever touch me again.” Hermione said shoving Malfoy's hand off her arm. Malfoy was getting annoyed and suddenly lost his temper. "Look if you want face about 100 death eaters on your own be my guest and don't worry about your parents they're more than likely dead." This took Hermione aback but she had now choice but to follow Malfoy. Hermione put her head down to tell Malfoy that she would follow him. Malfoy seemed to calm down a bit "Follow me." he said and started running Hermione following his trail.
Hermione heard the voices getting closer. She had no idea where Malfoy was taking her. "Malfoy were are we going?" Hermione asked him out of breath but still running. He didn't reply. Hermione wish they would get there soon. She was about to collapsed when Malfoy stopped. "Thank god." Hermione thought to herself while she was panting. "We're here." He was standing in front of a small black door. It looked like it was only about 3 feet. Hermione looked at him like he was crazy.
"You're joking. Neither of us can fit in there." Hermione said to him in disbelief. "You crawl into a little hole to get into your common room right? So why can't you fit in here." He snapped back her at her. Hermione didn't say anything. "Now follow me." he said while he crouched down to get inside. When he was inside, Hermione followed.
"If Malfoy can do it why can't I." she thought to herself. When she got in, She saw the room to be perfectly normal sized, but the only thing that was inside the room was a fireplace and a table with a huge pot of floo powder. "Go into the fire place." he said to her as he picked up some floo powder from the pot. Hermione what he said and he stood right next to her. "Draco's lair." He yelled out and then dropped the floo powder. Emerald flames in gulped them making Hermione dizzy.
The dizziness finally stopped and then she saw that they were somewhere else. "Where are we?" Hermione asked looking at Malfoy.
He got out of the fireplace. The room was a fair sized room and had a large green leather couch in front of the fireplace. The rug under it was green and silver.
There was a bunch of pictures of quidditch posters on the walls. There was also a large rectangular table with a bunch of papers on them and a chair on each side. The room looked like it was underground there were absolutely no windows and the only light were the candles that were hanging on the wall.
The walls seemed to be made of stone. There were also two doors leading to somewhere else. Malfoy walked over to the table and took of his death eater robe. He had a white T-shirt and black shorts on.
Then Hermione realized something. He was a death eater. What if this was a trap? Hermione took out her wand and pointed it to Malfoy while still had his back turned, but Malfoy saw her at the corner of his eyes and then grabbed his wand from his robe and turned around to point it at Hermione. They both had their wands pointing at each other.
They stood in silence for a while, pointing their wand at each other. It was Malfoy who broke the silence.
"What in the bloody hell are you doing?" he said still on his guard. "Knowing you Malfoy this is probably a trap. I'm smarter than that, you should know this." she replied coldly to him. "It's definitely not you to help me so this must be a trap. And to top it all off, your a damn death eater."
Malfoy thought for a second for something to say. He slowly put down his wand and walked up to her. Hermione still had her wand raised He slowly pushed her hand, which held her wand, to the side.
He looked into her bright brown eyes with his gray ones. Hermione saw more emotion in them right now more than she seen since she knew him. "Hermione," he winched at saying her name. “I'm not going to hurt you and I'll make sure that no one else does. If you don't believe me that fine but I'm telling the truth. I can't tell you what's going on but I swear that I will when the time is right."
Hermione was shocked at his attitude and even more shocked that he called her Hermione. "Why his being so nice to me." Hermione thought mentally. "I don't know if I should trust him. I mean, He's my archenemy but his eyes are so different now. As if he was telling the truth." Her thoughts were interrupted by a squeaky little voice coming from behind her. She turned around to see a little house elf. It looked like a girl. "Hello master Malfoy. It's so good to see you again." she said bowing to Malfoy. When she raised her head she stared at Hermione. "Oh see Master have a visitor." Draco spoke up.
"Yes Patty. This is Hermione Granger. She will be staying with us until I get everything together."
"Then Patty get some blankets for Miss Granger." and with that she snapped her fingers and disappeared. "I'm staying here?" Hermione asked confused. Draco turned to her. "Yes. I don't know how long though. We'll have to see when we go see Dumbledore tomorrow." "We're going to see Dumbledore?" Malfoy nodded and walked over to a chair and sat down.
Hermione looked around avoiding Malfoy's eyes; not knowing Malfoy was trying to do the same thing. "So where are we?" Hermione asked still looking around. "This is a secret base underground."
"I had a feeling it was." Hermione said, taking a seat on the opposite side on Malfoy.
"Is there a another way to get in here besides using floo powder?"
"No this was a special made base." trying desperately not to look at her.
"Why?" she asked curiously. "For family reasons." Malfoy said. He had hatred in his eyes as he glared in front of him.
Hermione was about to ask what happened but Patty came back with a large blanket and a pillow. "Patty got stuff for Miss Granger." Patty said putting the blanket and pillow on the couch. "Thank you Patty." Malfoy said smiling at Patty. Patty bowed and then disappeared. "Where does she go? I thought you said that there's no other way out?" He smiled still not looking at her. “There's a special spell that she uses that lets her leave to her room."
"Oh I get it. It's like a path that she go on except that it only a spell." Malfoy nodded.
Malfoy was getting a little nervous. They've been silent for almost five minutes. He decided to break the silence. He turned to look at her for the first time since there little argument. "Are you tired?" he asked her. She was looking at the ground and then picked up her head to face him. "A little."
He got up and walked over to one of the doors opened it and went in. He came back with a large black robe in his hands. "Here you can sleep in this tonight." said while putting the robe out for Hermione to grab. Hermione got and took the robe. Then she looked around for a place to change. Malfoy saw her looking around.
"The bathroom is that door over there." he said pointing to a door not far from the door that he went into. "You can change in there." Hermione nodded and walked into the bathroom.
It was beautiful. It looked nothing like the other room. It was a large room with tropical colored marble tiles walls and floors. There was a large bathtub that looked like a pool, right in the middle of the room. There was also a stand in shower in one of the corners. In another corner, there was a large white marble sink with a mirror over it that reached the same length as the sink, with a white toilet next to it. "It's so beautiful Hermione said out loud. "Yes it is."
Hermione jumped as she heard a squeaky voice behind her. "Patty apologizes for frightening Miss Granger." Patty said bowing to Hermione. Hermione just smiled at her. "It's alright Patty." Patty picked up her head. "Master Malfoy asked would Miss Granger like a shower?" holding out a towel. Hermione graciously took it.
"Thank you Patty. I would love to take one right now." Patty bowed again and was about to leave when Hermione called her. "Hey Patty. Is Malfoy ever nice to you?" Hermione asked remembering Dobby, the Malfoys' old house elf. "Now he is. Master Malfoy is real nice to Patty now." Hermione was confused. Now? "You mean he was mean to you before?" Patty covered her mouth with her hand and she muffled "Patty shouldn't have said that. Patty can't say anymore.” She took her hands away from her mouth. “Excuse me, Patty must go." and she ran out the door and closed it behind her.
"That was weird. I wonder what she meant by now. Has he really changed?" Hermione thought for a minute but decided to drop the subject and take a shower. She striped herself down, and got in the shower. She turned on the water making it hot enough for her and she got in.