Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Destiny ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5
“Stay still, Hermione!”
“But I'm uncomfortable! You try sitting here for so long without your ass hurting!”
“Don't be such a baby. Besides, I'm almost done.”
Hermione tried to keep as still as possible, sitting on the hard wooden floor between Carmen's legs. Carmen had some crazy idea to give her a makeover and Hermione was stupid enough to agree to it.
“Are you sure this is going to work?” she asked doubtfully. “I mean, I've tried putting this stuff in my hair a long time ago, but it was too much of a hassle to repeat every single day.”
Carmen shook her head. “This is different. It won't come out unless you cast a spell to take it out.” She grinned. “Alright. I'm finished.” She took the mirror that was on her dresser and put it in front of Hermione. “Well, what do you think?”
Hermione looked at herself. She was gorgeous! It's not like she has never seen herself with straight hair before, the last time was about three years ago and she still looked like a child. But now…she was speechless.
“Hn…I did a pretty good job, but there's still something wrong…” she took her wand out of her back pants pocket and flicked it.
Hermione looked down to see that her clothes were shrinking. “Carmen!” she hissed.
“Calm down. I'm almost done.” She replied and flicked her wand again, so that Hermione's clothes would stop shrinking. Once it did, Carmen inspected her work. “Not bad, Hermione Granger. Not bad at all.” She walked around Hermione checking to see if everything was looking good. When she was finished, she smiled. “I'm sure Draco would love it!”
Hermione felt a slight blush grow across her face. “I wouldn't care what he thinks.” She replied, the very least convincing.
“Right…” Carmen said sarcastically. She checked her watch. “Hey how about we go see Yume?” Yume was Carmen's horse that she found while she was with this camp. She said before she saw her, she had a dream that there was a beautiful white horse grazing on grass. Then she met her a few days later. She decided to call her Yume, meaning, dream.
Hermione shrugged. “Sure. Okay.”

“Yume!” Carmen exclaimed joyfully. A white beautiful neighed happily, once she heard her name being called. Carmen went up to the horse and hugged her nose. “How was your day, baby.”
Hermione shook her head more, finding it amusing that Carmen talked to her horse as if she were a real person, though it seemed as though Yume always seemed to understand what Carmen was saying.
Hermione then noticed something from the corner of her eye. She turned to find someone far off, playing with a black Stallion. She soon recognized the person to be Draco. “Carmen, I'll be right back.” She told her friend and walked off towards Draco and the horse.
When she got to him, he was brushing the stallion with a horse brush and he had his back turn to her. “Hey Draco.”
“Oh, hi Hermione.” He turned around. “I thought you were-” he stopped talking mid sentence and his mouth dropped some.
“Yeah?”
“Y-you look g-great Hermione.” Draco finally said after he got over his shock.
“Oh yeah.” Hermione touched her hair. “This is all Carmen's doing.”
“I like it.” He simply replied.
Hermione felt her cheeks grew red, but just a little. “Thanks.” There was a long pause. Hermione broke it. “So… Who is this?” Hermione asked referring the black horse he was brushing.
“Oh, him?” He started to pat the horses back. “This here is Demon.”
“Not an attractive name for a horse.” Hermione replied.
“Yeah, I know, but that's what they named him. I don't even know why, though. He's as gently as a baby.” He grinned at her. “You want to go for a ride?”
Hermione shook her head. “I'll pass. Horses aren't really my thing…”
“Come on Hermione! I want to take you somewhere and the fastest way is on a horse. Don't have me throw your ass on.”
“Excuse me! I will never go anywhere with you with that kind of attitude.” Hermione replied, with her hands on her hips.
She's so cute when she does that…Wait, what am I thinking!
“Fine then. Hermione,” he knelt down on one knee, which surprised her. “Will you…get on the damn horse with me so I can show you a freaking secret spot of mine?” Hermione rolled her eyes but you could see the smile on her face. “I'll take that as a yes.” He grinned and then stood straight up.
“Wait, I have to go tell Carmen. She's waiting for me.” Hermione ran all the way back to Carmen who was not brushing her horse. “Carmen, did you have anything planned for us to do today?”
The long curly red shook her head. “No. Why?”
“Draco asked me to go somewhere with him. I just-”
“OH!” Carmen interrupted. A grin spread across her face. “Well, don't let me keep you from your date. Buh-bye.” With that, Carmen pulled Yume's reins and walked off before Hermione could say anything.
“I-It's not a date!” Hermione called once she really found her voice. She turned around to face Draco but he was gone. Where did he…
“Boo!”
Hermione jumped in fright and turned around to see Draco laughing face. He was sitting on top of Demon, “That wasn't funny! You scared the crap out of me!” Hermione exclaimed. Draco was still laughing. Hermione folded her arms and glared at him. “Are you done?” Draco stopped laughing but a smirk was still shown on his face.
“You ready?” he asked. She nodded. Draco held on to Demon's reins and put his free hand out for Hermione to grab. She took it and quickly got up on the horse and placed her hands on his shoulders. “That was amazingly fast.” Draco pointed out, quite impress.
“I've been getting lessons.” Hermione replied quite proud of herself.
“From Carmen?”
“No. Jason.”
Draco's furrowed his eyebrows. What the hell is Jason trying to do…?
“Hold on tight.” Draco said dryly, trying to forget about his best friend.
Hermione got a hold of Draco's waist and hugged his back tight as Demon started to gain speed. “Where are we going?” She yelled over the sounds of Demon's horseshoes stomping on the forest ground and the wind passing by them.
“You'll see.” He replied. They rode on in silence for about 10 minutes until Hermione started to hear the sound of water running. “What is that?” but before he could answer her, a waterfall came into view.
They came to a halt and Draco jumped off of Demon. Once he helped Hermione down, he gave her smirk. “So, how do you like my little secret place?”
The place was beautiful. There was a small waterfall at fell into a small lake. Flowers surrounded it and there was also a large Cherry Blossom tree standing strongly beside the lake, its pink petals falling off the branches and slowly floating to the water. “This place is beautiful.” Hermione exclaimed. She saw Draco tie Demon's reign to the Cherry Blossom tree and then sit down.
“So, what made you bring me here?” Hermione asked him once she walked over to him. He shrugged. “What made you come along?” he questioned back.
“You're right. Maybe I should've have came. Maybe this was all a trap.”
Draco started to laugh. “Hermione, you are the most paranoid woman I've ever met.”
She knelt beside him. “Then don't give me a reason to be. I want you to tell me everything. Why are we here? Who were those guys who attacked us? Why are you, the main person to give my hell in Hogwarts, is trying to protect me, from who knows what?” Her voice was solemn; so was her face.
Draco looked into her eyes. After a while he looked away then sighed. “I can't.” he replied.
“Why not!” Hermione questioned, almost angrily. The blonde didn't reply.
“Hello! I'm talking to you!”
“Because I can't!” Draco snapped back and stood up, turning his back to Hermione.
“B-but why?” she stood up as well and walked a little closer to Draco. He mumbled something. “What?”
“Because, I don't you to end up like my mother.” He repeated again.
Hermione's furrowed her eyebrows. “Your mother?”
Draco sighed and nodded. “My mother…was murdered by my very own father.”
Hermione put her hand over her mouth in shock. She stood there shocked at what she heard. “A-are you serious?” she finally said when she found her voice.
Draco leaned against the tree and folded his arms. “I wouldn't lie about something like this.” He replied dryly.
There was an awkward silence, before Hermione broke it. “What happened to her?”
“What do you mean what happened to her?” he eyed her. “I told you that my father killed her.”
“But why? What made him do it? What was so important to him where he would kill his own wife?”
“Who else would have such power on my father?”
Hermione thought about it, and quickly one name pop into her mind, one, they she had fear for years, the reason why the wizard world and some of the muggle world was suffering so much. “Voldemort.” She whispered, as if she was afraid someone might hear her.
“Exactly.”
Hermione looked at Draco. His face was filled with hatred and sorrow. He was obviously upset, about something, something Hermione desperately wanted to know. She didn't notice that her feet were taking her closer to Draco. Her arms soon found themselves around Draco's neck and her head rested on the crook of his shoulder.
Draco looked surprised at Hermione's advancement. He could feel her tears on his neck. “What are you-?”
“Draco, you don't have to suffer like you do. I understand what it's like to lose a parent, I lost both of them remember?” She hugged him tighter. “You were there when I needed someone the most, so let me try to be there for you. Let me help you Draco!”
Hermione,” he said quietly. “You can't help me. She's already gone.”
“Maybe so, but maybe if you just talk to someone about your problems, you wouldn't be so bad off. Just tell me what's wrong.”
They were silent for a while longer. “My parents,” Draco started. “Were married when they were nineteen. They had me nine months later. During my father's childhood, he was taught to follow the leadings of the Dark Lord. My mother was taught to do the same, but unlike my father, she hated it. She wanted nothing to do with Voldemort or my father, however, when they were in their teens, their parents set up and arranged marriage. My mother was extremely upset, so a year before they were married, my mother took money out of her parents' fortune and secretly hired people to built the base that we were at earlier, so that way, her child would always have a place to hide out if things ever got out of head with the Dark Lord.” Hermione let go of Draco and they both sat down by the tree.
“I was born soon later, and my mother to deal with my father's abuse throughout the years. I learned the ways of Voldemort logic and I won't lie, I loved it. I would've done anything to join Voldemort then and there, if that they didn't happen.” He paused.
“When your father killed her?” Hermione said suggestively.
“She warned me, Hermione! But I was too brainwashed to realize what she was saying was true! She could've still been alive, and we would've work together to defeat the Bastard, but I had to be the stupid one and not believe her. She was killed right in front of me, and all I could do was run! What kind of son am I?” He balled his hand into a fist and banged it into the dirt ground.
Hermione placed her hand on top of his fist. “I'm not you mother Draco, and I probably could never take her place, but I promise that I will help you defeat your father and then we'll take on Voldemort.” Draco looked down at their hands and then he looked at Hermione. A small smile appeared on his face.
“Thanks.”
 
A/N: I'm so sorry if there are a lot of grammar and spelling errors in this chapter. It's really late and I just can't seem to read my work properly.