Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Goodbye Until This Is Over ❯ Goodbye Until This Is Over ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Goodbye Until This Is Over
 
By: RedHairRurouniFan
 
Author's Notes: This is a fic on the moment when Harry says goodbye to Ginny at Dumbledore's funeral in the sixth book. This fic was inspired by the song, “I Gotta Go My Own Way,” from High School Musical 2. It's really a good movie, and “I Gotta Go My Own Way,” is my favorite song in HSM 2. This is not a songfic though. It is a normal fic just based along the lines of the song. I revised the scene a little too. Hope you like the fic!
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter or any of the characters. I merely own copies of the books in Chinese and English.
 
 
Harry asked to talk to Ginny after Dumbledore's funeral. He didn't want to, but he knew what he had to do.
 
“Ginny, listen,” Harry started. Harry wanted to stay with her, but he couldn't. “I can't see you anymore.”
 
“It's for some noble reason isn't it?” Ginny asked plainly.
 
“You know how Voldemort acts, Ginny. His strategy is to hurt those close to the enemy to wear them down. I can't stay with you now. Please understand. I still love you, Ginny, but if we stay together, Voldemort will use you to get to me.”
 
“But, I don't care. I want you to stay with me,” Ginny responded defiantly.
 
“I care, Ginny. I care a lot. I won't see you hurt because of me again. I can only hope that no harm will come to you, but the prospects are bleak. You will always be involved, but if I do this, you'll be in less immediate danger,” Harry told her softly.
 
“I've always known that you could never be happy unless you were hunting Voldemort. Maybe that's why I like you so much. You've saved my life and you've always been my hero. I don't want to let you go, but I know what you want,” Ginny said, perfectly dry-eyed, but there was a certain look on her face that Harry had never seen before.
 
“Ginny-”
 
But, she cut him off, wanting to make her feelings known. “I never actually gave up on you. I've always loved you, even though I dated other guys. My heart was always yours. Hermione had told me to relax a bit, so that you would actually notice me as something more than Ron's little sister. You did in the end, didn't you?” Ginny finished with a sad smile.
 
Harry wasn't sure how to respond to that, so he mustered the best reply he could. “Hermione's a smart girl. I could have benefited a lot learning from her. I did notice you since you were yourself a bit more. She really knows what to do in a crisis.”
 
“Yeah. Now are you going to go hunt Voldemort?” Ginny asked calmly. Harry actually thought he might have caught the faintest glimmer of a tear in her eye, but decided that it was a trick of the light.
 
“Yes, I am. I have to kill him before he kills me. Only one of us can survive in the end.”
 
“Don't forget about me,” Ginny whispered, her eyes watering a bit as she spoke. Harry even heard a slight tremor in her voice. He finally knew that no matter how strong Ginny was, she was still a girl and was going through one of the hardest times in her life. That glint of a tear he'd caught wasn't a trick of the light, it was a real tear. This was the first time Harry saw Ginny even come close to crying.
 
“Goodbye Until This Is Over,” Harry whispered gently just before turning and walking away.
 
 
End
 
Author's Notes: Done! It was rather short, but it conveys a meaning. This fic was inspired by “I Gotta Go My Own Way,” as I mentioned. I changed the script of the book around to fit my fic, but I kept some lines in there. J. K. Rowling is a brilliant writer and all us fans of Harry Potter, I'm sure, bestow upon her the highest honor. Do tell me what you think! Of the fic and Harry Potter.