Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Harry Potter and the Knights of Slytherin ❯ HP1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Harry Potter and the Knights of
 
 
Fan-fiction by Bizmarck
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter etc. It's just a fan-fiction, read and enjoy.
 
 
Chapter 1.
 
The first rays of the morning sun pierced easily through the remnants of a low fog that had settled at the edge of a still dark forest. The scene itself was rather peaceful, numerous birds greeting the new day with cheerful song. Appearing from the depths of the forest came two walking figures, both were wearing long cloaks with deep hoods that completely hid their features. Though their origine and their dress appeared ominous the figures did not appear particular sinister, particularly the taller one, who walked in a free and easy manner. The two figures continued to walk, while the suns rays slowly began to spill over them and the surrounding landscape, as it continued to climb into the sky.
Satisfied that it was no-longer required, the taller figure removed his hood, revealing a slightly longish mass of read hair, which he promptly ran his hands through to regain some semblance of order. The young man of 18 had a massive grin on his face, closing his eyes while he walked he took in a deep breath, stretching his arms back as he did so. Continuing to stretch animatedly, it could be seen that he was quite an impressive figure, having filled out since his earlier growth spurts his mass now complemented his hight more, the many freckles still on his face contrasting well against solid mature features. Ron Weasley had grown into quite a hansom young man.
“Come on good buddy, soak up the sun, your looking a little paler then usual” Ron said cheerfully to his travelling companion.
The other figure stoped, looking around for a second it also removed its hood, blinking for a second behind his spectacles he waited for his eyes to adjust to the direct sunlight. Ron smiled at his friend, the young man was not as large as Ron but had also matured well, though it was true that he was a little pale his features were crisp and hansom, his body giving every sign of being fit and capable, the young man swept back his black hair, revealing a small scar on his forehead. Harry had grown into the image of his father, though his features were predisposed to being slightly darker, more serious, due to the experiences of his life. Grimacing slightly Harry's expression soon lightened as his eyes grew accustomed to the light and upon observed the relaxed features of his friend. Harry was always glad of Ron's company, he himself not likely to enjoy life's simple pleasures unless prompted anymore. He was well aware that if left to his own devices, he would simply be ignorant of life's continual pleasers, himself usually too preoccupied with the dangerous times he now lived in.
Harry looked around the field they were walking through, stretching and taking in a big deep breath himself.
“We haven't had a morning like this in a while” stated Ron casually. Harry nodded is agreement, allowing the scene to shy away his darker thoughts.
“And you were picking on Hermione for her selection of hideout” he said lightly.
“I just wish the inside of the house was as nice as the garden is” replied Ron, “I think we are due for a little luxury for once.”
It was true, it had seemed ages to Harry since he had last had a nice meal and a comfortable bed. Their current lifestyle was not one suited to creature comforts, indeed having a house to themselves was a massive step up from some of the conditions they had endured.
“Plus she knows I don't mean it” continued Ron. Harry smiled, indeed she probably did, however that still did not stop her from retorting to Ron's casual remarks, especially in front of others. Harry wondered if Ron would ever stop falling into that trap.
The two continued to walk down the abandoned dirt road. The comfortable silence being broken by a large growling noise from Harry's stomach.
“Blimie!” exclaimed Ron “Glad that didn't go off a few hours ago, we would have had it from that group of werewolves.”
Moments later Ron's stomach made a similar noise, apparently in sympathy. Harry laughed, “You can talk” he replied. “Considering how much you eat I'm surprised it's ever empty enough to complain”
“Hey, I'm still a growing boy” replied Ron in mock annoyance.
“I hope not, or otherwise you'll soon be as tall as Hagrid.” said Harry. Ron grinned, rather happy with the idea actually. The two continued on, heading over a small rise they approached what looked to be an abandoned cottage, though the garden had grown wild it was still very picturesque, with a whole series of wild flowers adding beautiful colour to the long grass.
“I sure could go for a few of mums pancakes” continued Ron dreamily.
“Ya, with fresh cream” offered Harry, his mouth beginning to water.
“And strawberries” said Ron. The two young men drooling slightly at the thought.
Ron suddenly stopped, giving his friend an unfriendly glare.
“That's not very nice” a stated accusingly.
“What?” responded Harry, genuinely surprised.
“You obviously conjured up the smell of pancakes just to tease me” continued Ron.
“I did not” replied Harry defensively, suddenly the smell hit him as well.
“Wait” he said suddenly, “I can smell it as well.”
“Now don't joke, you know how much I miss my mums cooking.” said Ron.
“I'm not joking, I can smell pancakes… but I don't see smoke from the chimney.” continued Harry.
“You don't think they're using magic do you?” asked Ron, suddenly worried. “No, Hermione wouldn't be that daft” he answered himself.
“Come on, lets check it out” said Harry, taking out his wand out. Ron quickly made his way after his friend.
Jogging, Ron was about to comment to Harry to put his wand away, Harry had always been quick to draw his wand, and was jitterier now then ever, but considering the odd things both of the young men had experienced in the last year, even the pleasant smell of pancakes was now viewed with suspicion, if unexpected. Ron quickly garbed his own wand, but held it in a way that it did not show.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
1