Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Harry Potter and the Knights of Slytherin ❯ HP2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Harry Potter and the Knights of
 
Fan-fiction by Bizmarck
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter etc. It's just a fan-fiction, read and enjoy.
 
(Chapter 2)
 
The morning sunshine streamed through the dusty kitchen windows of the old abandoned cottage, the young woman working in the kitchen smiled to herself as she went about her business. Though she could not throw the windows open to embrace the morning, she had been able to open them out a little, allowing a fresh breeze to rejuvenate the stale interior. As she worked in the kitchen her wavy long hair would occasionally catch the suns rays, reflect a deep rich brown. Hermione had continued to develop into the beautiful young woman she was always destined to become, her slightly wild locks offsetting her soft but distinguished features, allowing her persona to change from one of softest affection to sternest determination at her whim, as befits the female gender. She had grown to be just shorter then Harry, which was about half a head shorter then Ron, her body was as toned as her two close friends, her distinct femininity understating her strength somewhat, something a few of her opponents had also overseen, to their great misfortune, Hermione was not a girl to be messed with.
A deep but quiet meow drew her attention to the kitchen door, which was slightly ajar. Looking across she saw her faithful cat crookshanks enter, meowing up at its master. Hermione bent down and scratched the big cat behind the ears, to her left she suddenly heard the commotion of an excited owl who had been resting on a perch up in the exposed rafters.
“Looks like Ron and Harry are back then” she said softly to the cat, who purred.
Pigwidgeon had now fully grown, but to Ron's great dismay this had not followed on with a decrease in the birds energy levels, or occasional unco-ordination, which regularly resulted in even greater destruction then the bird used to accomplish.
“Why don't you go out and greet your master” offered Hermione to the bird, who hooted excitedly. Moving over to the door Hermione was about to open it when it suddenly burst in from the other side. Startled Hermione jumped back a step, at the door was Harry, wand drawn, ready for anything, behind him was Ron, looking less threatening though seemingly prepared.
“Harry!” commented Hermione, obviously startled. “What on earth do you think your doing! You scared me half to death.”
“Hermione, are you alright?” asked Harry looking around the room. He had to duck slightly as Pigwidgeon came flying at his master through the door, Ron saw the bird come in late, jumping backwards as the bird landed intelligently and roughly against his chest. Hermione could see Ron struggling as the bird scampered onto his shoulder behind Harry.
“Well I was. Until you got here” she replied angrily “What's with the rushed entrance?”
Harry lowered his wand, and actually looked a little sheepish.
“Pigwidgeon calm down!” exclaimed Ron, struggling with his bird.
“Well its just that we smelled pancakes when we got to the house, and well” Harry offered feebly.
“You draw your wand over the smell of pancakes?” asked the girl crossing her arms. Harry didn't answer, it did sound rather silly.
“Don't be so hard on him” offered Ron, Pigwidgeon was now on his shoulder, nibbling furiously on his ear.
“I've smelt stranger things after a magic battle, and it was very unexpected” Ron continued “Where did you get the pancakes from anyway?”
Ron moved past Harry, who was standing just inside the door. The redhead was about to head over to the tempting food, before Harmonies hand appeared on his chest stoped him in his tracks.
“As for you, your meant to stop him getting so riled up, you know how stressful things are for him” she said in a lower tone, though still audible to Harry, who had moved over and sat down.
“Come on Hermione, we were just worried about you” replied Ron calmly, using their close proximity to good effect as he looked down at her “it was a pretty freaky night.”
Hermione smirked at him for a second then moved back a step towards the food.
“All the more reason to relax a bit now” she stated, returning to her usual subtly commanding tone.
“now here” she said handing some plates to Ron, “there is no reason we cant have breakfast outside, go set up on the table”
She turned away again to the food, leaving Ron standing there.
“Harry can you give Ron a hand, I want to hear all about last night as soon as we are ready.” she offered, both boys knowing it was no use arguing when she was in this mood.
 
Soon the two boys where outside sitting around an old wooden table, everything had been prepared and the two waited eagerly on the food. While setting up the table Harry had yelled up the stairs to the sleeping Nevil and Luna that breakfast was ready. Ron had in the meantime found out that Hermione had dropped by a muggel shop to pick up some supplies (apparently finding an old cooking camping set somewhere in the abandoned house). Ron was discussing the marvels of muggle inventions with Harry when Hermione reappeared from the kitchen door carrying a large plate full of pancakes. The morning sun was quickly taking hold and it was already quite warm.
“They look great Hermione” Said Harry with a smile as she put them on the table. The two boys started to help themselves. “Ya, marvellous!” offered Ron.
Moving around the table Hermione briefly put her hand on Harry's shoulder, the young man looking up at her.
“Sorry for snapping at you before” she offered kindly, not really having talked with Harry since earlier. “How did it go?”
“O.k.” offered Harry, “And you?”
Hermione nodded, generating a smile from Harry. “Lets eat first” she added, letting go and moving behind Ron to sit the other side of him.
“Hey, what about me?” asked Ron suddenly, feigning a hurt tone, after swallowing a big mouthful.
Hermione looked at him for a second then she gently took his jaw in her hand.
“You” she said tenderly, in a very Hermione sort of way. “Have Jam on your face”
She then immediately wiped off the offending jam off of the side of his face with a napkin retrieved by her other hand. Following this she then promptly leant up, kissing him softly on the mouth, lingering for a second or two, leaning back she released her hand then started eating as if nothing had happened.
Ron grinned for a second then slightly turned to Harry.
“No respect I tell you” he offered lightly, generating a laugh from Harry.
Soon Nevil and Luna joined the trio and all 5 enjoyed a relaxed breakfast in the beauty of the warm spring morning.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
1