Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Harry Potter and the Knights of Slytherin ❯ HP4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Harry Potter and the Knights of
 
Fan-fiction by Bizmarck
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter etc. It's just a fan-fiction, read and enjoy.
 
(Chapter 4)
 
4 weeks earlier at the National Museum of Antiquities.
 
Slow footsteps echoed lazily around the grand halls of the dimly lit museum. A young man, dressed smartly in his security uniform, casually glanced around, his expression calm and relaxed. He had good reason to feel at ease, the security system at the museum was second to non, and the armed presence at the museum was more a formality then anything else. Slowing to a stop at a junction he could hear other footsteps coming from the opposite corridor. Soon his colleague was by his side.
“Shall we do one more sweep of the second floor?” asked the older guard. It was approaching two in the morning
“Why not” replied the younger man. “Stretch the legs a bit.” he said with a smile.
Both froze as a sudden loud crash could be heard coming from upstairs, it sounded as if one of the heavy windows had been blown in.
“What the hell was that!?” stated the old guard, reaching for his gun. The younger man hesitated.
“Come on lets check it out” continued the older man, loading a clip and arming his weapon.
“Wait, shouldn't we call the cops?” stuttered the younger man, still hesitant.
“The silent alarms already done that, come on.” he shouted back. Running, the hesitant guard pulled out his own weapon, fumbling to get the clip in. The two reached the grand public staircase that lead to the second floor.
“I'll go straight up, you take the emergency stars.” the older one said, his colleague nodded then rushed to the right. Bounding up the emergency stairs the younger man fought down a sense of fear, he was quite happy to wait for the police, but he couldn't leave his eager partner alone. Fumbling with his swipe card in the stairwell, he didn't notice that the security light that usually blinked rhythmically was now frozen in place, the police had yet to be notified. Gun raised he entered the now dark corridor, ahead he suddenly heard his partner.
“Freeze, nobody mo..!”
The young man started to move faster, he had just turned the corner when he was confronted by a bright flash of light and an explosion. Diving to his left he took cover behind a low display casing. He huddled there, attempting to clear the spots from his vision. Breathing slowly, his hearing returned before his sight, he could just make out a number of voices.
“Not bad Severus, you even beat me” said a dark low voice, almost coming across as a bit of a hiss. The young guard slowly raised his head, sneaking a peak through the class casing. Illuminated from the light coming through the new large hole in the wall, he could see his friend lying unmoving on the floor about 30m away, around him he could see 4 dark figures.
“Filthy Muggles” said the largest figure, in a dark husky voice, his massive form looming threateningly.
“Indeed” said the one that sounded like a snake. “I really don't know why you always bother to keep them alive Severus.” he said in a business like manner.
“My lord I…” started to reply the figure who would have to be Severus, but before he could continue however the first speaker raised his hand, holding what looked to be a small stick. The young guard looked on in shock as green light poured from the stick, belching like fire it appeared to physically slam into his obviously unconscious friend, throwing the body backwards, it coming to rest only meters away from the hiding figure. Looking down the guard could see the distorted features of his obviously now deceased friend. His eyes now wide as saucers, they were drawn away from the body, back to the now laughing figures, he noted that the one called Severus had turned away, his now semi-lit features showing disgust from underneath strands of his thin black hair. Suddenly overcome with rage the young man raised from his hiding place, bringing his gun to bare and firing off four quick shots at the man that had killed his friend. Caught completely unaware Voldemort was hit by three of the rounds, two in the torso and one in the leg, falling backwards in shock. Snape ducked low and grabbed Voldemort, dragging his body behind a wall to one side as the other two brought their wands to bare. The young guard dived to his left; narrowly avoiding the spell that vaporised the casing he was hiding behind and blowing a hole in the wall behind it. He continued to role through the entrance he had come through originally, the floor just behind him bubbling as it was hit by another spell. Jumping up the young man emptied the clip at the other two figures, they themselves ducking out of the way. Backing away from behind the wall, he fumbled to reload, the wall in front of him exploded, sending concrete shards in all directions. Stumbling backwards he dove into the main hall, which held the main staircase, a shot of green flame coming through just above his head, looking back he could see the two figures advancing menacingly through the smoke. He scrambled to his feet; rushing to the railing he continued to back away. Unknown to the young man, behind him numerous figures had flown into view in the large window looking out onto the street, seemingly floating in mid air on what appeared to be brooms. Eyes wild, the guard was further shocked by the sudden appearance of a dark figure, raising through mid air from the lobby below, suddenly petrified the guard fired two rounds, the bullets seemingly travelling through the apparition, not injuring it. Backing away the young man tripped, falling backwards, the dementor moved in. The ghostly figure stopped suddenly as the window that the flying figures had appeared in exploded inwards, sending shards of glass spraying in all directions, jumping through the debris came Harry, wand raised.
“Patronis!” he yelled, the intense white beam of light seemingly cutting through the dark shadow, it appeared to scream for a second and then effectively vaporised.
Second through the remnants of the window was Neville, closely followed by Hermione, Ron and Luna. Hermione immediately raised her wand at the guard.
“Stupefy”
The young guard froze in his spot, his senses too overwhelmed to even attempt to evade.
“Wait a second, we may need him.” said Ron, looking down.
Suddenly from around the corner appeared the large hulking figure, firing a dark read fireball at the small group. Harry deflected, sending the fireball into the wall, partially melting it. Neville fired back a yellow stream of energy which hit the Death Eater square in the chest, sending him flying backwards down the hall. He himself was saved by Luna who deflected a well-aimed shot from a group of Death Eaters that had appeared in the foyer below. Harry and Neville returned fire, causing the small group to disperse and take cover, Luna provided cover for the two. Ron in the meantime had placed a hex on the large entrance to the second story foyers just next to them, then lent down beside the frozen guard, muttering a spell under his breath. Hermione had moved over next to Harry, the large marble handrail was providing good cover, but the group below was making progress. Grabbing a small sphere Hermione waited her time before throwing it to the floor in the foyer far below, she then rolled clear of the handrail at the top of the stairs and raised her wand, a bolt of blue lightning hit the still rolling sphere, which immediately exploded, a carpet of ice instantly expanding in every direction, racing towards every vertical surface. The death eaters below jumped and dodged to avoid being stuck to the spot, though ended up slipping and falling inelegantly on the new ice that formed below them. Hermione jumped as a large explosion could be heard behind her. The other Death Eater remaining upstairs at fired through the doorway, the spell ricochet of Ron's invisible shield hex and vaporised a section of wall next to the hapless Death Eaters head. Hermione immediately scrambled back to safety. Harry disabled the shield with a counter hex then ran through, firing at the still stunned Death Eater, who dived to avoid. Neville and Luna were now pinned down by concentrated fire from the desperate Death Eaters downstairs. Ron finished his spell and taped the guard on the forehead, who then slumped on the ground, blinking.
“Ron I need a hand hear!” called Hermione, in a bit of distress. Ron scurried over to her as she deflected another spell.
“Swirling wind should do it” she said over the noise of battle, Ron nodded in acknowledgement, they waited for a another shot to go overhead before the both stood up, pointing their wand at the centre of the room. There was a large thunderclap and a blinding flash from the ends of the two young adults wands. Some of the more astute Death Eaters immediately began to get the heck out of there as a strong wind picked up, quickly turning into a mini tornado. Combined with the slippery surface of the iced floor and sparse nature of good handholds in the large foyer the remaining death Eaters yelled and screamed as they were thrown around violently. The remaining order of the phoenix members in the foyer quickly followed the now conscious guard through into the upstairs lobby Harry had just run into.
“Come on this way” said the guard suddenly, looking determined.
“Hold on a second” said Hermione, catching her breath, and stopping the guard.
“Ron what did you do to the guard?”
“Nothing, he simply knows that we're his friends now, and what Voldemort is after, that's all” said Ron with a grin. “Told you he would be useful”
“But he could be in danger.” replied Hermione, unimpressed.
“Nonsense” relied Ron. “You saw him, he shot Voldemort!” he said with a smile “I would have thought you would have a little more faith in muggles, he can take care of himself” Ron finished.
Behind them they heard a series of small magic explosions, Harry was obviously dealing with the other Death Eater.
“I'll go get Harry, you lot stick with him” Ron said pointing to the guard. “Where is the room we want again?” he asked the guard again.
“Its in the south west corner, pagan artefacts” replied the guard, obviously eager to get going.
“Watch yourself” said Neville to Ron.
“Take care you lot.” said Ron with a grin, giving Hermione a quick wink before turning away.
“Impossible man” mumbled Hermione as the group made there way off. Luna noticed on the way past the large man hit by Neville was not where he should have landed.
Ron ran along the corridor, almost colliding with someone running around another corner.
“Ron!” exclaimed Harry, lowering his wand.
“So you took care of him then?” asked Ron suddenly.
“Ya he's out cold” replied Harry with a slightly evil grin.
“Come on, I know were the staff is” said Ron, turning to run down another corridor.
Running the two suddenly heard some explosions coming from the front of the building.
“Sounds like the Aurors have finally arrived” said Harry as they ran.
Up ahead and to their left they could hear more magic, as well as the sound of gunfire. Entering the display rooms on the south side of the building complex they could make out eight Death Eaters about one hundred and fifty meters away through the wide open doors that joined the display rooms. Behind them a spell from the other phoenix group slammed into the south wall. Harry could see that many of the Death Eaters were already on brooms, raising his wand he fired a spiralling fiery disk towards them. It was deflected by one of the group. Ron dove at Harry, knocking him to his right as a massive green blast of fire from Voldemort vaporised the wall behind where Harry had been.
Outside Aurors were already beginning to circle the building on brooms. A young witch had to swerve hard to avoid a blast from the immerging death eaters, crashing into a tree. Voldemort lead six of his followers as they flew out of the building, turning hard left and accelerating low through some buildings, most of the Aurors giving chase, spells flying through the air.
Harry and Ron stood back up, looking back they saw Snape still there. Running around the corner to join him they saw the giant man Neville had hit before. Both Harry and Ron saw at once that Snape had the staff in his hand.
 
Ron and Harry simultaneously put their hands into the air, calling their respective brooms, the two flying sticks coming hurtling through the building just as the large deatheater made it to his own broom. Snape and the large man immediately exited the building, breaking hard right and flying low. Looking from outside, the window above the flying Snape and henchman exploded just after they had past, immerging from the debris came the flying figures of Ron and Harry, turning hard to follow the two escaping death Eaters. Two of the remaining Aurors spotted the two groups and gave chase, the six figures accelerating hard as they dashed through inner London at high speeds.
 
 
Authors note:
 
Kicking goals! That came out well, next the chase scene. Hope you liked the combat sequence, I recon J.K is a good enough writer, but she can't do a good combat scene to save her own life. Still though, you would forgive her. ;-)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
1