Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Harry Potter and the Knights of Slytherin ❯ Chapter6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Harry Potter and the Knights of
 
Fan-fiction by Bizmarck
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter etc. It's just a fan-fiction, read and enjoy.
 
(Chapter 6)
 
Harry used his legs to push himself up against the pillar; he had managed to recover a bit from the impact moments before, the young man breathing deeply. Harry's body was still contemplating whether or not crashing through a plate glass window 15m above the ground, and demolishing a variety of office furniture, had seriously injured him or not. Luckily Harry's shield spell had probably saved both their lives, even though both were still quite banged up.
“Give it up Snape” called out Harry, breaking the silence. “You can't get away” he said, still leaning on the pillar.
“I think not Potter,” replied Snape from behind a heavy filling cabinet, in between breaths.
“Your Aurors have no idea where we are”
Snape's tone indicating that he found amusement in the situation, annoying Harry immensely.
“Its just you and me” Snape finally added, darkly.
“All the better” replied Harry in an equally dark voice, getting into a kneeling position, wand ready.
“Ha ha ha ha” laughed Snapes, momentarily surprising Harry.
“So you think you can take me on alone Potter, your father never could” the older wizard stated.
“Friends are quite useful, you should have given it a try.” replied Harry viciously, causing Snape to scold.
“Anyway, we forced you to destroy the wand, Voldemort will be furious his little robbery failed, taking you down will simply be the icing on the cake.” continued Harry, squinting around the room, searching for a tactical advantage, the young man having lost his glasses during the collision. Again Snape laughed darkly, again angering Harry.
“I was a bit worried I was going to get away with it” said Snape. “I would have expected better from a seeker, Potter”
Harry froze. “What are you talking about?” he said angrily.
“Who do you think left all those clues for you and your friends to find?” stated Snape.
“I was a bit worried Granger had slipped since Hogwarts, but I am pleased to see at least one of the annoying three learnt something from ancient ruins.” Snape continued arrogantly.
“What are you talking about, we have been following this lead for months” countered Harry suddenly doubtful.
“Of course you foolish boy, I couldn't make it too obvious, otherwise I would have been caught out, and you would have thought it was a trap.”
Harry paused, thinking about the painstaking work that had been required to decipher Voldemorts plans, the dark wizard had not originally known the location of the coveted staff, thought to be lost, and had spent the last three months gathering information about it. The Order Of The Phoenix members had been trailing the dark lord, attempting to locate the item before him, once they knew what he was after. Harry had to admit that they had been lucky at the start in finding out quickly what the dark lord desired.
“I was expecting to find the item to have been removed by the Aurors, but apparently there even denser then the Order Of The Phoenix.” Snape said with spite. By the sound of his voice it was obvious to Harry that he was now kneeling facing him.
“It was almost to late,” Snape continued “It's a miracle that the Dark Lord has not destroyed you all already, now that Dumbledore is gone.”
Harry, who was starting to doubt the whole situation, was suddenly brought back around by the mention of his old headmasters name.
“You're the one who killed Dumbledore, you bastard!” spat Harry suddenly. “You lied, and then you betrayed him! I wont let you do the same to me.” shouted Harry, restraining the urge to launch himself in an all out attack.
“How can you claim to be against Voldemort when you killed the one man who could have stopped him!” Harry continued.
“Foolish boy!” yelled back Snape.
“You still doubt Dumbledore?! He knew that he could never kill Voldemort himself, he gave his life so that we could still be allowed a chance to destroy him.”
“Your lying!” screamed back Harry. “Voldemort was scared of Dumbledore, he as the greatest wizard in the world, and you killed him.”
There was no reply to this, as silence returned once more to the empty office, Harry trembling slightly due to his anger.
“Yes I killed him.” came the reply from Snape, for once no arrogance in his voice. “The damn fool knew that it could very well come to that, nothing I could say could turn him from that path.”
Harry calmed slightly at this very different sound in Shape's voice.
“The Dark lord can not be killed by power alone, I could see that too. Though to follow Dumbledore's belief that the Dark Lords destruction be hinged on the actions of the son of, Potter” Snape said, almost spitting Harry's second name. “Proves that at least I have complete faith in my old friend, while you apparently do not.”
Harry had had enough, completely overcome with rage at Snap's last comment.
“You lying bastard! You only wanted to save your own skin, you're a coward! You should have died instead of Dumbledore!” yelled Harry, suddenly stepping into the open and raising his staff.
“I am not a coward!” bellowed Snape, Infuriated, he got up himself, but came around the other side of the heavy filing cabinet then Harry was expecting, both had their wands raised, spotting each other they fired simultaneously, the spells connected in the centre hitting each other in a massive explosion of light. The spells twisted and mixed, the two casters held their ground, attempting to force their spell to break through their opponent's, poring more magic into the collision. The force from the growing magic mix forced both to lean forward, the wind that was kicked up blowing loose papers around the room. Harry grimaced, he could see the illuminated face of Snape, his long hair blown back out of his face by the strong winds, a look of concentration on his face, he was mumbling something. Harry began to feel his footing begin to slip from underneath him, the force of Snape's spell beginning to drive him back. Screaming in rage he put in one last effort, subconsciously sending a blue electrical charge down the stationary beam of magic. Both of them shielded their faces as the stationary ball of magic exploded, both sets of wands being ripped from both their hands. Snape was barely able to maintain his footings and lowered his hand to see the running form of Harry bearing down on him. Harry was now about as strong as Snape, though his muscles were not quite as tough.
Harry tackled his former teacher roughly, the two sprawling to the ground, wrestling for a second, Harry ended up on top. Releasing his hand to took a swing at Snape, impacting viciously on the side of his head. Snape recovered enough to punch Harry in the side, following up by forcing his face back with his hands. Harry was forced to the side and Snape kicked him off roughly. Harry recovered quickly, punching Snape in the stomach as the older wizard got back up, Harry tried to follow up with a punch to the head but missed completely. Snape ducked the second blow and delivered his own to Harry's middle, following up with a massive cross blow to Harry's cheek, cutting it. Harry however was unstoppable, recovering immediately he swing his fist back up, stunning Snape with a blow to the head, causing him to stumble back, Harry did not miss the second time and followed with a series of blows which ended with the last hit sending Snape to the floor. The older wizard tried to get back up but collapsed back onto his elbows, breathing heavily, his hair covering his now bloody face. Harry looked down at him, fists clenched on either side, blood poring out of the large cut on his cheek. Moving over he stepped over Snape, reaching down to grab him by the collar, hauling him up off the floor in one clean jerk, the young man showing strength beyond his build. Snape remained mostly limp, Harry then threw him roughly against a nearby pillar, using his weight to hold him with force against the concrete. Snape grimaced again as Harry pressed viscously, opening his eyes he could see Harry's expression filled with hate and rage, only centimetres away.
“Tell me why I shouldn't just kill you here and now” growled Harry between clenched teach. The older wizard returned Harry's expression with interest.
“Because If I die, you, and all your precious friends will eventually be killed by Voldemort” said Snape. Harry, noting that it was the first time he had heard Snape use the dark lords name, hesitated visibly.
“That's right Potter” said Snape calmly. “This is bigger then you, or me, or even Dumbledore.. you still don't see this?” he continued.
“What do you get if Voldemort is destroyed? You must have joined the Death Eaters of your own free will to begin with, don't play all moral with me, if he wins, you'll be more powerful then ever.”
retorted Harry, trying to back Snape into a figurative mental corner.
“Your right” replied Snape calmly, suddenly defeated. “I have made mistakes. What is the point of having power in a world you despise?” he offered. “Voldemort is mad, no-one is safe in a world with him, I am trying to make good my mistakes.” he continued. Harry was still holding Snape up against the wall, but had loosened his grip slightly. Snape looked Harry straight in the eye;
“Even if you don't believe me, why can you not believe Dumbledore? The world is not only about you Potter, there is much you don't know.”
Harry was frowning deeply, unwilling to let his hatred for the man slip.
“I know you didn't pity the murder of my parents!” retorted Harry. “You hated them, and handed them over to Voldemort.”
Harry once again pushed Snape back into the column.
“Nothing you can say would make me believe otherwise, even Dumbledore can make mistakes, he said so himself.”
Harry looked considerably more determined.
“I'm going to hand you over the Aurors, if you really want Voldemort destroyed, you'll talk.” Harry said calmly. Snape's expression turned to anger.
“I can't let you do that” Snape said. As he was stating this his hands suddenly shot up and he placed them, open palm, on either side of Harry's temples. Harry, caught unaware, screamed, immediately backing away, his hands went up to cover Snapes', vaguely trying to remove them, though not mustering much physical strength. Snape held his ground, and then followed Harry down as the young wizards knees buckled below him, Harry cringing and fought all the way, though this fight was no longer physically. Snape continued to murmur words, his face contorted in effort and concentration, the two wizards finally stopped moving, kneeling in front of each other, both sets of hands covering Harry's head.
 
Harry's vision was no longer concerned with the real world, it having been seemingly sucked away from him, leaving him standing alone in infinite black, Harry fought hard to get out of Sanpe's clutches but he recognised that they were both stuck in a connected `minds eye' until Snape's released both of them. Harry recognised the sensation as being similar to when he had travelled into the old memories of others, knowing that this was obviously a direct attack against his mind he concentrated on defending his thoughts, his feelings and his memories against any manipulation from Snape. He concentrated but could feel no outside probing, opening his virtual eyes he could suddenly see a figure of Snape standing, ghostly grey, in front of him, just as if in a memory.
“You waste your time Snape” said the virtual Harry. “Your not going to be able to manipulate me without your wand, you taught me to well.”
The virtual Snape looked at Harry for a second, Harry could suddenly feel some attempts to break into his memories, though they were not particularly violent and he was able to dispel them with ease. Snape stopped and smiled.
“You have come a long way Potter, perhaps Dumbledore's faith in you was not unfounded.”
Harry frowned at him.
“Your simply holding up the inevitable, nothing you can do to me will make me trust you.” said Harry. “Indeed” replied Snape. “And I will do nothing to `make' you believe… I may not be able to access your mind Potter, but there is little you can do to stop me showing you mine” Snape said with satisfaction.
 
Authors note:
 
Well now it gets interesting, what has Snape got up his sleeve, find out in a few days…
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
1