Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Harry Potter Imagines ❯ Muggle-Born Slytherin ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Requested on Wattpad

Pairing: Draco x reader

Words: 1436

Genre: Angst, Fluff

Characters: Draco, Y/N, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Voldemort (mentioned)

 

Being the only muggle-born in Slytherin was not easy, not in the slightest. Everybody expected every Slytherin to be perfect; to be a natural witch or wizard descending from other witches and wizards. But that was not you. You came from an ordinary family with no ties to the magical world, so it obviously came as a shock when you received a letter from Hogwarts inviting you to enrol in the school. Your parents were confused, of course, but were proud that their daughter was going off to make something of herself.

You were taken aback when you first walked through the huge doors of Hogwarts. Everything around you was so magical and you couldn’t wait to learn about the magical world you had become part of. You had spent the whole summer gathering your books, trying to learn everything you could about your new world.

In front of you, you noticed that the students had begun to move forward on the stairs so you followed suit. The large doors opened and lead you into the great hall where four long rows of tables took up the room. You followed the students in front of you until they stopped abruptly, followed by a clearing of a throat.

A professor, known as Professor McGonagall, began to explain the housing process within the school and how each student was selected for the houses. One by one, students were called up to the front and sat on a chair, whilst a talking hat was placed on their head. A mixture of anxiety and excitement began to fill your body as Professor McGonagall neared your name.

You let out an anxious breath as your name was called and you made your way through the crowds of students and towards the front. Sitting on the seat, you closed your eyes and waited for the hats response. “SLYTHERIN!”

A roar of cheers and celebrations filled the room as you made your way towards the table. However, when the cheers died down you heard some sniggers coming from the group of students waiting to be sorted.

‘Seriously! A muggle-born! In Slytherin! That is disgraceful. No muggle-borns should ever be in Slytherin, they’re not pure!” You shot them a look of both hurt and anger as their comments washed over you. Ever since you had received your letter, you had thought about the fact that you didn’t come from a wizarding family and how that might affect your school life.

Your head sunk low as their sniggers turned into full blown laughter and their comments became harsher. Small tears ran down your face as their words stung you like daggers. You were about to stand up and run out of the hall when you heard another voice stand out from the crowd.

“Shut up, Malfoy! Everyone deserves a chance to be at Hogwarts, even snivelling little cockroaches like you.” Draco opened his mouth to retort back but his name was called. “Just you wait, Potter.” Draco turned swiftly around and marched up towards the front of the dining hall.  You locked eyes with ‘Potter’ and his friends and sent a grateful nod and a small smile towards them, which they reciprocated. 

Throughout your time at Hogwarts, you grew a great friendship with ‘Potter’, who’s name is Harry, and his two friends, Ron and Hermione. They became your best friends thanks to their efforts of defending you against Draco being mean to you. 

However, over the years, you had grown quite fond of Draco. You didn’t know why, but something about him drew you in. Once you knew about these feelings, you decided not to tell Harry, Ron and Hermione; you were afraid of what they would say. What you didn’t know was that the reason that Draco had targeted you on your first day at Hogwarts, was that he had developed a secret crush on you which had slowly developed over time. 

 

 

It is now your 6th year at Hogwarts and you couldn’t be happier. You and your best friends had survived yet another major happening and escaped by the skin of your teeth. Harry had come face-to-face with Voldemort, which scared the hell out of you, but he was saved by Dumbledore; who you now had more respect for. 

There was one thing that was niggling away at you though. Over the past few months, you had noticed that Draco has been becoming very distant from his friends and was being much less mean to you than he had previously been. You and Draco had formed a sort-of friendship over the past few years, but you knew that he didn’t really approve of a muggle-born being in Slytherin, which is why his actions were so strange. 

You were lying in bed, tossing and turning, unable to sleep due to the questions whizzing around your head. A loud huff escaped your mouth as you swung your legs over the side of your bed and stood up abruptly. You ran your hand over your face, put on your dressing gown and went for a late night walk around Hogwarts to try and clear your head. 

After wandering down a few corridors, you walk past Moaning Myrtle’s bathroom. A scream emitted from in there and when you ran inside, you found Harry standing over Draco with his wand aimed at him.

“Harry! What have you done?!” Your eyes widened as you seen the blood pooling around Draco’s body. You sprung into action and ran over to Draco, helping him up to his feet. “Why on earth would you attack him with Sectumsempra?!”

Harry stared at you with a mixture of shock and frustration. “I thought he was a Death Eater! I did it to protect us all, to protect you!” You shook your head in disbelief as you walked away towards the hospital wing. “How could you even think that, Harry?”

 

 

Tears streamed down your face as your mind cast back to how you found him. You couldn’t seem to get the picture out of your head. Your cries began to get louder as the ache in your chest became heavier. What if you hadn’t of gotten there in time? Would he have died right there? You held your head in your hands as these thoughts whizzed around your head which is why you didn’t notice when Draco opened his eyes. 

A sad smile curved his lips as he seen you at his bedside. He reached over and took your hands in his which caught you by surprise, causing you to let out a small scream. “Oh thank goodness! I thought you weren’t going to make it.” 

Without thinking, you leaned in and pressed a kiss to his lips. A small tinge was evident on both of your cheeks when you pulled apart. Your heart was beating hard in your chest as you waited for his reaction. Draco gave you a wide smile and placed a hand on the side of your face. 

“You don’t know how long I’ve been waiting to do that, Draco.” You placed one of your hands on top of his. “Oh trust me Y/N, I do.” He let out a deep breath before continuing. “Ever since I first laid eyes on you on our first day, I’ve been crazy about you.”

Your head cocked to the side in confusion. “But why were you so mean to me? I don’t understand.” Draco closed his eyes and hesitated. He nodded to himself before turning away from you. “The truth is, Y/N, I am a Death Eater and so are my parents. I couldn’t risk them, or anybody, finding out about my feelings about you. Otherwise, you would be in great danger I didn’t, I couldn’t, put you through that.”

“Look at me, Draco.” Hesitantly, he did as he was told, scared as to what your reaction would be. His eyes widened in surprise when he found you smiling at him. “I’m crazy about you to, Draco. I always have been. I was just scared of how you, and the others, would react. And, just so you know, I don’t care what your parents think of me. The only person that matters to me is you, and you are nothing like your parents. I love you for who you are, nothing will ever change that. I promise you, we will get through the rest of this year together, no matter what happens.”

Small, happy tears slid down Draco’s face as your last words escaped your mouth. He pulled your hands into his and placed a small peck on your lips. “I promise that I will protect you from anything that happens, no matter what, we will be together.”