Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Hermione in Wonderland Revisited ❯ The Round Weasley's ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Hermione in Wonderland: Revisited
 
 
Disclaimer: I don't own any characters
 
 
The Round Weasleys
 
 
Hermione rushed down the path Draco had hopped down. 'I've got to catch him. People will be worried about me.' Her mind was a whirl with all the recent events. Strangely, all thoughts of this being a dream had vanished with her encounter of the bouncy Draco look alike.
 
 
'He looked like Malfoy, he acted like Malfoy, he mostly spoke like him as well,' she thought, remembering how rude he had been. 'However, his basic demeanor seemed different, more refined somehow.' Hermione was stumped by this strange turn of events. She was so caught up in these thoughts that she didn't notice the pair of round Weasleys standing on the path until she hit one so hard that she bounced back and hit her head on a tree.
 
 
“Ouch! Hey, watch where you're going!' she exclaimed.
 
 
“Watch where we're going?” queried George.
 
 
“We weren't going anywhere,” continued Fred
 
 
“George! Fred!” Hermione was thrilled to see the two friendly faces.
 
 
“Who and who?” they asked in unison.
 
 
'Oh no!' Hermione thought, 'Not again!'
 
 
“Who are you, little running thing?” George asked, peering closely at Hermione's face.
 
 
“Yes, and what are these?” Fred asked, poking at her chest. “Look, brother, its stomach is on its chest. Isn't it funny looking?”
 
 
“Why, brother, I believe you're right! However, it is not polite to make fun of other's defects,” George replied.
 
 
Hermione growled in frustration, folding her arms across her chest to stop anymore poking. “And just who are you two? Tweedledum and Tweedlestupid?”
 
 
The boys glanced at each other. “Such odd names, brother. Do we know any of these tweedlebeings?” Fred asked.
 
 
“I don't believe so, brother, but if they look like us they are lucky beings, are they not?”
 
 
“I don't believe this,” Hermione fumed. “Why is everyone here so full of themselves?”
 
 
“And who better to be full of, may I ask?” questioned George.
 
 
“Indeed, would it be better to be full of you?” Fred replied.
 
 
Hermione sighed. “Okay, I get it. So if you aren't George and Fred, who are you?”
 
 
“Oh my, what a cheeky little lass to ask such a question.” Fred looked shocked.
 
 
“Dear, I don't know where you are from, but only a clod without manners would ask somebody for their name,” George informed her.
 
 
“Why? What is wrong with asking people their names? I think it is rude to call someone `hey you'.” Hermione was getting more and more exasperated by the minute.
 
 
“Better being called `hey you' than late for dinner,” Fred chirped.
 
 
“Indeed it is, brother. I couldn't have said it better myself.”
 
 
Fred's face darkened as he looked directly into Hermione's eyes. “It would be best if you would remember the power of names, little thing.”
 
 
“Really,” Hermione huffed. “I realize names have power, but you need more than a name to do anything bad to someone, or everyone in the Wizarding World would be dead by now.”
 
 
“The Wizarding World.” The statement was little more than a sigh and Hermione couldn't figure out which brother said it. She had little time to dwell on it, as the brothers picked that moment to roll off into the forest, leaving her standing alone on the path.
 
 
“This place is certainly odd,” Hermione muttered as she started down the path again. “I wonder who I'll run into next.”