Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ I Don't Love You ❯ I Don't Love You ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: This is a Draco/Harry SLASH fic. As usual, all the fascinating characters of Harry Potter, as well as these two yummy boys, belong to JK Rowling their esteemed creator. Enjoy!
 
I Don't Love You
 
`I love you.'
 
Looking into emerald depths, clouded by adoration and absolute worship, I couldn't help the smug smirk that surfaced. I am Draco Malfoy after all. He stared at me in silence but behind that curtain of unconditional love, I saw doubt and fear. He wanted an answer. He wanted my answer.
 
`I don't love you.'
 
Shattered was the only way to describe it - the way his glimmering eyes faded into darkened shadows. Love was gone, replaced by anguish. He shifted his hand dropping. I felt him withdrawing. He wanted to run.
 
It was pure instinct. My hand shot out from my side just as he turned, away from me. He stilled, frozen. He had not expected me to stop him.
 
`I don't love you.'
 
The moment was gone. He struggled, rejection giving him strength. I didn't oblige. With my own burst of strength, I tugged, pulling him to me, clutching him tightly. He struggled. He whispered. I did not let him go.
 
`Harry, I don't love you…'
 
Pulling us apart slightly, I cupped his cheek and stared into his eyes.
 
`…you are the air I breathe…'
 
My lips crashed on to his. My tongue parted them. He gasped, expecting intrusion but not this time. Our breaths mingled. He was the air I breathed.
 
`…my heart beats for you…'
 
My slender hand grasps his firmly, bringing it down to my chest. He inhales sharply. Surely he couldn't have missed my erratic heartbeat, fluttering and alive. Malfoys are always calm, always cool. But with him, my heart lives. My heart beats for him.
 
`…I don't love you, Harry…'
 
I let my walls crash and burn. I allow the ice in my eyes to melt, stormy clouds of tumultuous emotions to swirl. He stares at me, innocent, confused and more than a little overwhelmed.
 
`…I need you.'
 
No other words were needed.
 
Our minds ceased to work. Our senses failed. Only our souls were alive, reaching out, gentle and tender but intense and claiming.
 
Malfoys didn't do love.
 
They needed it.