Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Laurel ❯ 1. FALLING ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I think that Daphne Greengrass needs more life in the books. And, and I also think that Cedric is too good to be dead. Set during the 3rd book!
 
 
1. FALLING
 
It was a second.
 
In a second all of their books were scattered in front of the entrance of the Great Hall, together with two students.
 
“No no no no no!” the girl quickly stood up, and began collecting her notes, books and everything that had escaped her school bag, her wavy hair and bangs covering most of her face.
 
Cedric Diggory had fallen pretty hard, and was still on the ground, trying to figure out what had just happened.
 
Well, nothing much, actually. He was coming in, she was coming out, and then next thing he knew was the pain in the back of his head, when he hit the ground. Now, if he hadn't been Cedric Diggory, Hogwarts' golden boy, a loud curse would have escaped his lips, loud enough to make the walls of the Hall tremble.
 
“Bloody hell” he murmured.
 
“Idiot! Did no one ever teach you to look before you walk into a crowded room? Are you blind, Hufflepuff?!”
 
“10 points less for Hufflepuff” an annoying, all too well known voice proclaimed. “For attempting to kill one of my students”. Severus Snape looked at the boy on the ground with vehemence.
 
“Hey! That's unfair!” someone yelled. A look of the Slytherin
 
“Thank you, Professor Snape.” The girl said, as the teacher had already begun to walk by the corridors.
 
As the girl kept on covering him with insults, the Hufflepuff prefect stood up and stared at her. Every word coming out of her mouth was dripping venom. Whoa.
 
The boy grabbed his notes and quills, and, after dusting off his pants, he collected some of her notes and handed them to the girl.
 
She literally grabbed them from his hands and threw them unceremoniously in her bag.
 
Cedric was puzzled.
 
After a couple of moments, the golden boy in him woke up. He was supposed to apologize. Well, he was not exactly sure if it was him the one who had to apologize, but still…
 
“Listen, I am…” he began, looking away from her.
 
Too late, Ced.
 
The girl was already running down the corridors, muttering something that sounded suspiciously like “he didn't even apologize, the jerk”.
 
He stared until she disappeared, and then entered the Great Hall.
 
***
 
When he joined his friends at the Hufflepuff table, he was welcomed by a loud laugh.
 
“Yee, this is our man!” Finch-Fletchley exclaimed
“Cedric Diggory, the one who makes girls falling at his feet 90% of his time!” Wayne Hopkins was chuckling like a little girl, assuming his had been the best of all jokes.
“What about the 10%?” MacMillan inquired.
Hopkins rolled his eyes. “That's personal business and asking it would be impolite, wouldn't it…”
 
“Shut up, boys” he muttered, his rosy cheeks lighting up.
“So how was it, falling on Miss Greengrass?” his younger friend smirked.
“On who?” Cedric asked “No, wait, I don't really care.” He grabbed his notes, and sank into his studies.
 
“She'd be the perfect girl” Zacharias Smith, the Hufflepuff Quidditch team Chaser stated.
“If she wasn't so snob” commented Justin.
“..and so bad-mouthed…” added Wayne
MacMillan nodded in agreement, before he added “…and so Slytherin.”
 
Cedric burst into laughter. “Yes, she just had to be Slytherin! She didn't even let me speak and she was already fuming down the corridors because I hadn't apologised.”
 
“Daphne Greengrass is pure evil” whispered Smith, in a low, solemn voice. “If You-know-who had a daughter, it would be her.”
“Looks damn good, though. Think she's in my year” Ernie said.
“Too skinny, for my likings. There's more than meets the eye in that chick, she is frightening. Wonder how Roger Davies can put up with her.” Finch-Fletchley shook his head.
 
“Davies? Ravenclaw Davies?” asked Diggory, rather interested.
 
“Do you know any other Roger Davies?”
“What do you mean by `put up with her'?” Cedric was chewing on his quill, completely oblivious of the 22 inches assignment he had for Potions. He was not really into…mixing rotten eyes and stuff to obtain even more rotten-looking liquids. Yes, Potions was not really his subject.
“Means they're dating, mate. A couple of months. Davies looks rather worn out, though.” Smith smirked.
“Oh, I'd sell a kidney to be worn out by that girl” MacMillan's face turned into a wolfish grin.
“No way dude, if I had anything to do with her, we would end up killing each other. And I would be the one to die, Slytherins are so…” Justin
 
“Is she really this bad?!” Cedric was cleaning his mouth with the back of his hand, fragments of his bitten quill all over him
 
“No” Hopkins stated, serious. “She is way worse.”
 
Cedric sighed; it was clear by now that he would have just wasted his time, trying to study in the Great Hall with the others. He grabbed all his papers and stood up, heading for the door.
 
“Ced! Hei Ced! You're forgetting this!” Finch-Fletchley called him, waving a parchment.
 
Cedric went back to the table and grabbed it, taking a quick look as he was once again walking towards the door.
 
“Blimey…” he muttered “…this is not mine…”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A/N. So? What do you think? I am going on only if you think it's worth it!
 
Read and review, pleeease! <3