Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Looked Down On ❯ So Hungry... ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Looked Down On
Chapter Three: So hungry...

"Now I'm going to ask you this one more time, do you or do you not know anything about the murder of Albus Dumbledore?" Kingsly Shacklebott sighed in exasperation. The two aurorers had been questioning the dark haired teen for a good three and a half hours. They had found out nothing and the boy seemed to have found a way to tell half-truths and things he 'believed' to be true in order to get around the veritaserum’s effect.

"That depends on your definition of the word 'know'. Do I know he's dead? Yes. Do I know who killed him? Yes. By the way, do you know the average airspeed velocity of a shell-less turtle?" He smirked innocently up at the fuming Alaster Moody.

"Listen Brat, do you realize the kind of trouble you’re in? Hiding things from the ministry is highly illegal, and your pissing me off which has never been good for anyone's health!" Moody snarled his non-magical eye drilling an optic hole through Obsidian's head.

"Oh no. Whatever shall I do?" he sneered sarcastically. Considering his surroundings, Obsidian had found the interrogation quite amusing. He had to wonder though about the intelligence of two fully grown aurorers whom (even with the aid of veritaserum) couldn't get him to say what they wanted to hear. Curiously enough, when he had expressed his musings to the disgruntled pair, a lot of life threatening began.

"This is pointless, Alaster." Kingsly sighed defeated. "The more we badger him the less we find out." At this point Kingsly made a motion to the guard outside the door that they were leaving. "Your temporary guardians will be here to pick you up in the morning." He stated coldly as the two of them left.

"Don't forget to write!" He called sarcastically out as they left. He was now alone in the room with a chair and a table, luckily though he was no longer bound to one of those items. Obsidian stood up and stalked over to the door and barked angrily at the two men guarding the doors, "Make yourselves useful and find me something to eat!" The two looked at each other and then one headed down a corridor to scavenge some food from the faculty room.

As Obsidian realized he probably wasn't going to be leaving the room unattended or anytime soon, he jumped onto the table and tried to find a semi-comfortable position. A grunt at the door reminded him of his hunger, he looked toward the guard as the man through him a bag of Bertie Bott's every flavor Beans. He scowled at the bag and said nothing despite his complete disgust with his 'meal'. After a few attempts at eating the miscellanies candy, he decided nothing would ever make him that hungry.

"I hate candy." he said to no one in particular glaring at the ceiling. Oddly enough, the last thought he managed to conjure before a blissfully black sleep took over was, 'Do I really want to know what the average airspeed velocity of a shell-less turtle is'