Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Mistakes ❯ Mistakes ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Mistakes
 
Ron was sulking. Again. In fact, Harry thought with a sigh, that and glaring were the only two expressions Ron had worn for, oh, a week. It was getting a bit annoying. Ron pouted, and Harry altered his thought.
 
It was very annoying. Harry carefully molded his expression into the face of a patient and compassionate best friend. Hopefully, it would work and Ron wouldn't realize that he was fighting the urge to knock him - and feat he could very easily accomplish. He felt his hand twitch toward his wand.
 
“Ron,” he stated, in his most reasonable tone of voice, “just go and ask her what's bloody wrong.” He winced. It wasn't supposed to come out like that. Thankfully, Ron either didn't notice or just didn't care. Harry rather though it was the latter.
 
“Ron, you've got to fix it.” “How can I fix it when I don't know what the bloody hell I did wrong?” was the sullen answer.
 
“That's why you have to ask her, you blubbering nitwit!”
 
Harry could mouth what Ron was going to say as he would say it, they had this conversation so many times.
 
Except maybe this time, calling him a nitwit seemed to have worked. Ron stood, glaring half-heartedly at the green-eyed Gryffindor, “Fine. If I die, you had better not let Mum near my funeral plans.”
 
Harry collapsed back into his chair.
 
Maybe now Ginny would stop ignoring him…
 
8888888888
 
Right, Ron thought to himself as he marched toward the library. Just go up to her and ask her what her bloody problem is. No, no, ask her if there's anything wrong… no, of course there's something wrong… Maybe I could just beg for her forgiveness. But for what?
 
His inner pep talk was cut short by the appearance of his soon-to-be-ex-if-he-didn't-pull-his-act-together-grilfriend.
 
She, too, caught sight of him, and turned a sharp left, as if hoping that he wouldn't notice or follow her. He did, turning to chase after her, and catching sight of her just as she turned another corner. Her flight, however, was impeded by the books in her arms, which Ron summoned to himself with a quick spell.
 
He caught them carefully in his arms and waited for their mistress to come bustling after. Her eyes sparked dangerously as she neared her miscreant boyfriend.
 
“What do you want, Ron?” He gulped, “I just wanted to say sorry for… for whatever it is I've done!” She threw her hands in the air, “You don't even know what you've done? Think, Ron!”
 
He stuttered, wracking his brain and coming up empty, “Umm… Why don't you tell me?”
 
Hermoine looked furious, “It was our six month anniversary a week ago,” she stated flatly, grabbing her books and turning to leave.
 
Ron grabbed Hermione, and spun her around, smashing his lips against hers and ignoring the clatter of the books as they dropped to the floor.
 
By the time they surface, Hermione had forgotten all about being angry. The weight of a new silver locket hanging on a ribbon around her neck helped.
 
She flung her arms around him and whispered, “Thanks, Ron.”
 
 
 
RoS: Totally cliché fic, I know, but every author is allowed to write at least one!