Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Numb... ❯ Numb... ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Summary:All Lupin did was watch and he broke. Lupin POV.
 
Disclaimer:I do not own any characters, ideas, or location's, found in the Harry Potter universe, it is property of J.K.Rowling, and found in movies produced byWarner Bros. The storyline concept for this particular fanfiction was created in the recesses of the twisted mind of this writer.
 
Warnings:OOC-ness, AU (in a cannon sort of way), slight slash (yaoi), character death, and angst…
…You have been warned…
 
Numb…
By: TwilightKitsune1
rated: K
 
All I could do was stair in shock, my body numb. It had happened so fast, the spell so fast, and I could only watch as my love slipped away. There was no goodbye, no fond farewells, no sweet words of comfort; all that there was was the emptiness and sorrow and the pain in my chest that told me he was gone. I could feel the tears well up in my eyes as I watched the black veil sway in the non existent wind. My lover was no longer there, fighting in front of it, alive and happy. No he was not escaping its clutches, death came for him and took him away to where I couldn't even hold his broken form in my hands; he was lost to me.
 
Memories poured into my mind, both good and bad, all the moments we shared and those that we weren't together as I cursed his name, and even those that we were reunited as only lovers could be. I knew though that more memories were to come, those would be filled with the bitterness of loss, and the unappealing taste of loneliness would cover them. My body moved on its own to Harry's side, my mind lost to memories, and I wrapped my arms around the crying boy. He was crying for the one person I couldn't cry for, not now, and trying to call him back to his side. I knew though, better then Harry, that he wasn't going to come back. I tried to explain that, to tell him that Sirius wasn't coming back, but he still struggled in my arms denying the fact. How I truly wished I could do the same. I wanted to follow Sirius into the veil but I knew he would be angry with me if I did and left Harry alone, though I wasn't sure I would be able to face Harry after all this was done. “Harry,” I heard my voice creak and I tried to strengthen it, now was not the time to weep. “He's gone Harry.”
 
I heard Harry wail, his cries gut wrenching, but I had gone numb already. I could only hold him and stay silent no longer trusting my voice to stay strong. After a time Harry was able to pull free of my grasp and for a brief instant part of me wanted him to run to the veil so I could feign protection and plunge myself into its depths, but Harry ran away from it toward Bellatrix. I stood there and watched them go; I watched my only chance of following my beloved run away for revenge that I am not strong enough to seek. I heard all those around me still fighting, still trying and I wanted to scream at them for not being hollowed out as I was by Sirius' death. All I could do was stand there and try to keep standing on my feet when they so wished to go out underneath me. I cast my eyes to the floor below me, I truly wished it would crumble away; truly wished it would all crumble away, but it didn't. I was still standing in battle field, people still fought around me, and I felt more alone then I ever did in the past. Blinking back tears I raised my head, there would be time for this later since there was work to be done and I know I would never be able to face Sirius again if I just stood here and cried.
 
- END -
 
A/N:Not much to say about this one, it just popped in my head one day and I had to type it up. There is another part to it that is called, Oblivion, and I should be posting it when I post this one. They can be read separately but basically have the same layout and both are in Lupin's POV. Hope you guys liked this one; don't forget to review!