Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Parenting Skills 101 - A Remus and Sirius Adventure ❯ The code and The Danger ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
on Parenting skills 101 a Remus and Sirius Adventure

The 5th year boy’s dormitory

Remus sighed and placed his books on his bookshelf. Grabbing the letting off his bedside table, he plopped onto his bed and laid against his pillows. Carefully he opened the envelope, took out the letter and placed it to the side. The Black families crest visible through the thin paper.

Remus sighed and unfolded the parchment...

Dear Remus,

You and I haven't spoken for a while. Ever since the incident with my brother anyway. Anyway, I wanted to know if you could possibly meet up with me tonight at midnight, the Astronomy Tower. Around midnight? Let me know by dinner tonight.

R.A.B

1,16,3/23,32,31/7,42/ 100,11,32,7,118,3,14/45,4,63,121,11,32/.../100,27,54,108,8 ,107,32,120,12,14/83,12,98,24/4,55,149,3,13 /103,54,92,4,8,13,133,8,152,149,15,1.

Remus stared at the letter for a moment. Something was off about it, and what did those numbers at the bottom mean? Was it a code? Was Regulus putting something in code, so that others couldn't understand? Was he warning him about something?

Sighing Remus placed the letter down and closed his eyes. Anything Regulus has to warn him about he can do it at midnight...

Chapter 5:
The code and The Danger
Midnight – The Astronomy Tower

Regulus' POV

I watch as the Whomping Willow thrashes its huge branches about, trying to hit its offenders. The idiots, they are just looking for trouble. I wonder if they’re Slytherin’s. Probably, there’s no one else stupid enough to go near the thing. "Regulus?"

I turn and see Remus looking at me sleepily. Smiling I say, "Hey Remus."

He leans against the windowsill, watching as the group of people tries to get close enough to the trunk of the willow to touch it. Shaking his head, he turns to me, "To what do I owe this invitation? What was with that letter? The code?"

I sigh and shake my head, "You couldn't crack the code? I am disappointed in you. I can't tell you I am afraid, I really shouldn't even be talking to you about this."

He looks at me confused; I love it when he looks at me like that. "What are you talking about?"

I hit my head against the wall; this is going to be much harder than expected. "I can't tell you... I am under ... one of those promises. You know the one that if you break it you... die."

"You didn't. How could you be so stupid?" He grabs me by my shoulders and shakes me roughly. His eyes burning a liquid gold, it scares the hell out of me, but I refuse to show it.

"I have my brother’s genes in me, what do you expect!" I try to get out of his binding grip to no avail. I wince as he digs his nails into me.

"I expect you to be more careful!" he says, rubbing my arms where he had dug his nails a couple of seconds ago. "Sirius will never forgive himself if he loses you! I would never forgive myself. I-" He's cut off by a crash from above us. He freezes, and sniffing the air for a moment. "We have to get out of herenow!" He whispers, grabbing my arm and leading me towards Gryffindor Tower.

It took us less than five minutes to get there. He stared at an empty space. "Shadows de la nuit." he was quiet for a few. "What do you mean entry denied?! Come on! Ma’am! I'm a you-know-what; I know you can sense it! No one can impersonate me! So what if he's a Slytherin?! Who cares?"

I cock my head to the side, whatever was above the Astronomy Tower made Remus nervous. I've never seen him like this before. "Remus what?"

"Shadows de la nuit, visitor pass presented... happy?" Remus flashed a visitor’s pass and the door swung open. Where did he get that visitors pass??... Wait, we have visitor passes, since when? He grabs my arm and drags me into the portrait hole. "C'mon, we are going up to the 5th year dormitory." He pulled me through the common room; I note that it looks way better than Slytherins. I was getting glares from almost everyone in the common room, and could here the whispers.

"OMG are they sleeping together?"

"No way! He's a Slytherin, the Marauders hate Slytherins. Remus is probably pulling a prank on him."

"Isn't that Sirius' brother?"

"Black has a brother? I never knew that."

"Yeah they are a year apart. Sirius obviously got the looks in the family."

"Will you shut up?!" yelled Remus angrily. The common room went quiet. He took a couple of deep breaths before continuing. "First years to fourth years go to bed." he said pointing to the dorms. When no one moved, he said, "NOW! Or it's a week’s detention!" The poor kids rushed up the stairs, pushing one another to get away from the angry prefect.

"Remus what's wrong?" We turned to see James, Peter and Sirius looking at us, disbelief present in their eyes. James had asked the question.

'Nothing is wrong; they were just pissing me off. C'mon Regulus let's go up to the dorms." He started towards the stairs, I followed turning when a piece of parchment hit me. I looked up to see Sirius mouthing the words 'What’s going on?"

I shake my head and shrug my shoulders, and follow Remus up the stone stairs. He slams the door shut as I enter; he seems to be holding back against something. I put my hand on his shoulder, "Remus wha-" I was cut off by his lips pressing against mine. My head started spinning and I felt faint, he wrapped his arms around my waist and pressed me against the wall. This happens every time he kisses me. He leans his forehead against mine, breathing heavily. His eyes are calmer, gentler than they were in the common room. “Better?” He smiles softly and nods his head. Letting said head fall on to my shoulder, digging it into the crook of my neck. Pulling him closer to me, I slide down the wall so we are both sitting comfortably on the floor. As I run my fingers through his hair I ask, “What was that about Rem? Why did we leave in such a hurry from the Astronomy Tower?”

He sighed and leaned back against my chest, his long sandy blonde hair falling into his eyes as he looks at the ground. “My father was looking for me… he wants to tell me bad news I can tell. I can’t handle that right now.” I nodded my head in understanding. John Lupin wasn’t known for his good behavior. He drank, he gambled and he was abusive. The only reason Remus was still with him was because no one would take in a werewolf. I kissed his head and leaned my head back against the wall, thinking about what I had heard back in the Slytherin common room this morning…

Slytherin Common Room - 7:15 am

“I can’t believe they let a werewolf into the school! What the hell is Dumbledore thinking, letting a beast like that in here!?” Crabbe yelled angrily pacing back and forth wearing out the rug below his fat porky feet.

“Sit down will you Crabbe? You’re making me dizzy!”

“Sorry Lucius…” Crabbe plopped on the floor in front of the fire. “What are we going to do about him? We can’t let Lupin stay in school. What if he decides to kill us in our sleep?”

I clenched my fists; it took all my will power not to hit the boy right then and there. “You’re wrong about him. He’s not like that.” I turned around to see Severus coming down from the dorm rooms, buttoning his shirt. Peter trotted behind him, a faint blush present on his rounded face. I smiled inwardly. They make a good couple.

“What the hell are you going on about now Snape?” said Lucius, looking bored. “And what the hell is that little blood traitor doing here?”

Severus glared at Lucius, “None of your damn business. Peter I’ll see you in potions.” Smiling he nodded and made his way out of the common room. Slapping my hand as he passed, a note I found was pressed into my hand as he did so. “See you later Pete.”

“Later Reg. I’ll tell Sirius you said hi.” His cloak swished behind him as he hurried out of the door.

“Now back to Lupin. I don’t know how you found out about him being a werewolf, but you are to keep it to yourselves you got that? He has never attacked anyone in his life, and I doubt he’s going to start now. If I see Lupin hurt in anyway that has nothing to do with his transformations I will personally see to it that you are put in Azkaban. My family may not have the authority over the ministry, but I doubt they would go against a Blacks orders.”

I nodded. It was true; the Ministry never withheld anything from my family. Money talks, and reputation screams.

Lucius glared at me. I held his gaze not backing down, just because he was dating, my cousin doesn’t mean I have to respect him. “Touch a hair on Remus’ head and see what happens to you.” With that, I went up to my dormitory, to write the letter/code to Remus. Hoping that my warning will help him keep safe.

Sirius’ POV

“What the bloody hell was that all about?” I said, watching the backs of Regulus and Remus descend the stairs.

James shrugged, “Got me mate. Could be the full moon coming up.”

Peter rolled his eyes, “He meant Remus pulling Regulus up to the dorms. I think I may know by the way.”

I looked up at him, “You do? Good tell us that and then you can explain why the hell you have been missing from the dorm ever since the parenting 101 project has begun.” Peter blushed brightly and I got the message. “So.. You have a girl eh? That’s what you been up to? You sly dog, what’s her name?”

Peter put his head down so his hair covered his face. I swear I am about two seconds away from making long hair against marauder rules. “Well when I was walking down with Severus to the Slytherin common room I couldn’t help but over hear some of the Slytherin’s talking. They were talking about Remus and his Lycanthropy. Severus was pissed, he was saying how they had better stay away from Remus. That if he found out that Remus was hurt, and it had nothing to do with his transformations. He was going to personally see to it that they get put in Azkaban. This of course would be achieved through you family’s help Padfoot.”

“Of course.” I said dryly. “Cause we all know how keen my family is on helping werewolves.”

“I believe that was just to scare them. The point is though that the Slytherin’s know about Remus’ Lycanthropy. He could be in serious danger.”

I looked at Peter suspiciously, “And how exactly did they come across said information?”

Peter shrugged, “From what Severus said they have been watching Remus for a while. They thought he was doing something illegal, they figure he’s the weakest in the group. Get him out and the rest will follow. I dunno.”

James looked at Peter, smirking. “You’ve been hanging round Snivellus quite a lot as of late. Something we should know?” Peter blushed an even deeper red and mutters something incoherently. James’ smile widened, “I’m sorry I didn’t quite get that.”

“I’m going out with Severus! I’m sleeping with Severus! Are you happy now?!” He looked upset and I felt a pang of guilt. I looked at James and saw that he looked as guilty as I felt.

“Pete we’re sorry. We didn’t mean to upset you.” I said. Not really knowing what to say.

“Pete.” James slipped his arm around Peter’s shoulder. “It’s fine. There is no reason to be upset. We’re not mad, in fact, we saw this coming. Right Sirius?”

I nodded. Actually, I had no idea that this was going to happen… oh well it’s not unusual for me to be out of the loop. Speaking of loops. “Pete, do you know what’s been going on with Remus and my lil bro?”

He looked up from his hands, “You mean you don’t? They’ve been going out for about a year Sirius. How could you not know… well they are not really going out, they are pretending to.. .I think, you know I’m not really sure.”

I nodded my head. It made a lot of sense if you think about it… I just really don’t want to.

Yuki Night’s POV

I walked quickly through the forbidden forest, wrapping my cloak tightly around my body to keep warm. Looking up I saw the near full moon glaring down at me. Shivering I moved faster, hoping that I was on time. They hated it when people kept them waiting. I stepped out into a meadow, looking around curiously. Did I come to the wrong place?

“Yuki, I see you have come.” Came a cruel voice from behind me.

I turned and nearly bumped into a death eater. “Yes Master I have come. That boy we were talking about… Remus I believe. We will never be able to get him on our side, he has to much good in him.”

The man laughed evilly, “You’re a werewolf aren’t you? Become his friend, make him trust you. Lure him to the dark side. And if you can‘t do that you are to kill him.”

I nodded, “Indeed sir I am a werewolf but…”

“But?” His red snake like eyes flashed dangerously at me.

“He’s surrounded by good all the time, and it’s not just Dumbledore and the teachers. He’s friends with the Potter’s boy as well as the Black’s soon-to-be disowned son. Hell I think Pettigrew succeeded in bringing Snape over to their side. Snape stood up for Lupin, when the Slytherins were trying to find a way to get him kicked from school. I’m telling you it’s impossible.”

“Well make it possible!” he yelled. I shrinked back, slipped on a rock and fell down onto the ground hard. “You are to bring that Lupin boy to the dark side or you are to kill him. Do. You. Understand. Me. A person of his genius is not allowed to live if not in our side.”

“Y-yes sir.” I stuttered. Damn what the hell am I going to do?

“Good now get out of my sight! We will meet again in a fortnight.”

I bowed and left quickly, but not before eavesdropping. “Master, can we really trust her to bring the werewolf? She is a werewolf herself wouldn’t she try and save one of her own?”

A most malicious laugh rang through the forest, “If she ever hopes on seeing her parents again she will. In fact, I have a foolproof way to make sure she does. Chandler! Come here!”

I gasped,please no! Please don’t tell me he’s going to have Chandler follow me.

“You are to follow Yuki and make sure she does her job, keep to the shadows though. We can’t have Dumbledore know.”

“Yes Master.”

I ran as fast as I could. Through the various tree’s, through the man-eating spiders, through the non-human friendly centaurs and finally through the front doors of the castle. I didn’t stop running till I saw safe in my dorm, free to cry in anguish at what I am about to do.

Transfiguration Class- January 11th

Remus’ POV

No matter haw long and hard I stare at the code, I have no idea how to figure out the stupid thing. Obviously, the code can be broken by using the letter, but I just can’t get it. No matter how many solutions I try, nothing works out. I turn towards Sirius as he pokes me in the shoulder, “What?” I ask annoyed. Can’t he see I’m trying to figure something out?

He takes the parchment from me and smirks, “This is one of Reg’s codes eh?”

I try to grab the paper but he holds it out of my reach, “So what if it is?”

He shrugs and looks at the parchment, he freezes and it seems as if he has stopped breathing. “Sirius what’s wrong?”

“You mean you didn’t know?” he whispered softly.

I looked at him confused, “Didn’t know what Sirius?”

“You mean to tell me no one told you about the Slytherin’s finding out about your Lycanthropy?”

I stood shell shocked, “W-WHAT?! What do you mean they found out! How the hell did they find out?! Oh, fuck! I have to see Dumbledore.”

“Mr. Lupin what seems to be the problem?!” McGonagall looked furious. Then again who wouldn’t if they were just interrupted by a cursing teenager, whose supposed to be paying attention.

“Professor it’s an emergency! I have to see Dumbledore immediately! God I can’t believe this happened again. And in the same year too!”

A look of understanding crossed McGonagall’s face, “Go! Now Lupin! Go straight to Dumbledore’s office. Black, Potter, Pettigrew, Evans, Snape. You all go with him.”

I looked and saw Severus and Lily looking completely confused as to what was going on. James and Peter nodded their understanding, and we all rushed to Dumbledore’s office. “Remus what is this all about?” asked Lily her cheeks matched her hair as she struggled to keep up with me.

“Not now Lily! I’ll explain once we get to the Headmaster.”

I turned the corner and spotted the gargoyles in front of Dumbledore’s office, “Peanut butter and Jelly!” I say hoping that he hadn’t changed the password since the last time I was up here. Unfortunately, for me life was never easy. “Shit he must have just changed it! Lemon Pie?”

“Wrong!”

“Lemon Drop?”

“Wrong!”

“Blood pops?”

“Wrong!”

“Umm-”

“Wrong!”

“You know what? Fuck You!”

“You may now gain entrance to the Headmaster’s Office!”

I stared at them in shock for a moment, “Umm… thanks?”

Sirius snickered and if I had not been here for such a serious reason, I might have as well. Seriously, who putsthatas their password? We walked up the stone steps and knocked on the door. “Come in Mr. Lupin, I’ve been expecting you.”

“Professor the-” He held up his hand to stop me.

“I am well aware at our new predicament Mr. Lupin.” He said, putting the last of the papers in front of him in to his desk. “I am afraid at this time there is nothing we can do about it.”

“I’m sorry… WHAT?!” I was losing my temper, and I know that wasn’t a smart thing to do butcome on!

Dumbledore looked at me through his half moon spectacles, “Due to the amount of people aware of your condition Mr. Lupin. We have to erase their memories, but we aren’t able to obliviate their minds because they are minors. Therefore, our only solution is a memory-erasing potion. The problem is it will take about a month to brew.”

“You have got to be kidding me.” said James, “What is he supposed to do till then? Most everyone except Snape is a pureblood and they all hate werewolves.”

“Alas, I know. You guys will have to watch his back until then.”

“Professor that’s not necessary I can take care of myself. Besides, we have the baby project to work on, speaking of which. Have you guys noticed how fat you have gotten?” I shot this question at James, Severus and Sirius who were glaring daggers at me.

“Ugh, we arenotWe are carryingbabiesin our stomaches!” said James defensively.

I rolled my eyes, “Are you sure that’s the only way?”

Dumbledore nodded, “Yes I am terribly sorry about this Remus.”

I sighed, “It can’t be helped. It’s all right Professor, I’ll survive. We had better go, Professor McGonagall is supposed to explain something important about the baby‘s next period.”

Dumbledore nodded, “You are all free to go.”

Phineas Black shook his head, “Your still allowing the hybrid to stay?”

Dumbledore turned to Phineas, “That kid is special. You may not realize it yet but, he is meant for some big things.”

Phineas Black stared at him, “Whatever you say Dumbledore, whatever you say.”

Transfiguration Class- January 11th-Period 2

McGonagall stood in front of the class. She stood tall, dreading the announcement she was about to make. Knowing that it was bound to cause a riot. “Attention class.” she clapped her hands, and the class came to attention. “I have some good or bad news for you depending on how you look at yourself being pregnant. Everyday that you are pregnant is a month in the life of a real pregnancy. So those of you who are pregnant are in your forth month, and still have another 4-5 to go.” The class collectively groaned. “Yes I know, but there is nothing you can do about it now. As you can see most of you are barely able to fit into your clothes so the school decided, to give you maternity clothes… unfortunately for the boys because there is no such thing as male maternity clothes, you will have to wear the maternity dresses.

“WHAT!?” came the voices of Severus, James and Sirius.

“Professor you can not be serious!” said James, “I am a Quidditch star! You can’t expect me to-”

“You can take the class over again next year Mr. Potter.” this shut him up and he satisfied himself with glaring daggers at her. Sirius shrugged and sat down next to James putting his head on the desk, and Severus glared at Peter.

Remus looked at them and shrugged, “It could be worse.”

And right he was. It could get worse, and it does. In fact that it had gotten so bad that it’s the worse problem that Hogwarts had to face since the chamber of secrets had been open.

To Be continued…



An- Sorry this chapter sucked

I had better explain the code...

Alright so you take the letter and take out all spaces and punctuation - like this

YouandIhaventspokenforawhileEversincetheincidentwithmybrother anywayAnywayIwantedtoknowifyoucouldpossiblymeetupwithmetonightatmidnightthe AstronomyTower AroundmidnightLetmeknowbydinnertonight

R.A.B
1,16,3
23, 32,31
7,42
100,11,32,7,118,3,14
45,4,63,121,11,32
...
100,27,5 4,108,8,107,32,120,12,14
83,12,98,24
/4,55,149,3,13
103,54,92 ,4,8,13,133,8,152,149,15,1.

Now if you really want to know what it says you can do the rest