Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Parenting Skills 101 - A Remus and Sirius Adventure ❯ The Mens Redimio Potion ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
9:
The Mens Redimio Potion

Lily shook her head walking up to Severus she raised her hand, and slapped him across the face. “You filthy liar, Remus isn’t dead! Don’t you dare say he is?”

Severus looked away from Lily, not even trying to defend himself as she began to punch him. James pulled Lily away from Severus and pulled her tightly to his body. She wrapped her arms around his waist and dug her head into his robes, crying hysterically. “It’s not fair James, it’s just not fair!” James hid his face in her hair allowing his tears to fall as well.

“I know.” That is all James was able to say, before a sob left his throat causing him to cough.

Peter weakly fell to the floor, pulling his knees up to his chest he hid his face in his folded arms. Severus slide down next to him and placed his arms around the small boy, kissing his head softly. “It’ll be alright.”

Peter looked up and glared at Severus, “No it won’t,” he said in a deadpan voice. “As weird as it may sound Remus kept this group together. He’s the whole reason we are the Marauder’s, without him we’re nothing, just a bunch of misfits.”

James froze, and Lily looked up to see the despair etched into James’ usually calm features. A feeling of dread passed through Lily, as she realized what this loss meant. It did not just mean the lost of a friend, nor did it just mean the loss of a brother. It meant the loss of something bigger; it meant the loss of the Marauder’s.

It was not until that moment did Lily realize just how deeply intertwined they were in her life. How big a part they played in her decisions, how much she loved them. Lily pulled away from James and ran into the hospital wing, stopping at the bed closest to the window. Her breath caught in her throat as she looked at Remus. He looked even worse than he had then when Hagrid had carried him in.

He was a deathly pale and his breathing was coming in short gasps. His hands clutched tightly to the sheets below him and he looked to be in unimaginable pain. But at least he wasn’t dead- there was still hope. Lily grasped one of his hands, ignoring the iciness of it. She brought his hand up to her head and closed her eyes thinking of something,anythingwould help him.

Lily looked up briefly to see McGonagall talking in hush tones to Pomphrey. Lily kept as quiet as possible trying to hear what they were talking about.



“Is there really no hope for him Poppy?” asked McGonagall softly.

“I’m afraid not Minerva, never in all my life have I seen something like this. Then again I never deemed it a necessity seeing as there used to be a law against werewolves being offered an education.”

“A lot of good that did.” snapped McGonagall, “You have to know someway to help the boy. Maybe something to help him extract the silver from his body.”

Pomphrey shook her head, as she leaned against the wall watching Lily and Remus. “Anything I could give him would be of no use to him now. The damage to his internals has already been done, and everything I have to heal internal injuries would kill Remus because most of it is all herbs that would kill a werewolf if ingested.

“Professor Remus needs a real healer; obviously Pomphrey has no idea what to do here. Remus needs to go the St. Mungo’s!” yelled James as he followed Dumbledore through the large hospital wing doors.

“Calm down Mr. Potter.” said Dumbledore calmly as if he were speaking to a child.

“Calm down? How do you expect me to calm down when one of my best friends is dying!” yelled James angrily.

“Because if you calm down I can tell you my theory.”

James became quiet; he sat on the edge of Remus’ bed and glared at Dumbledore. Lily leaned her head against James’ knee, keeping her hold tightly on Remus’ hand. “What theory would that be Professor?” asked Lily as she squeezed Remus’ hand. James reached over and placed his hands over both.

“Phoenix tears are amazing thing’s Ms. Evans. Tell me do you know they are capable of?”

Lily lifted her head from James’ knee a look of deep concentration crossed her face. “Phoenix tears can heal wounds no matter how bad; they kill venom as well I believe. Their tears only work for external wounds Professor, Remus’ are internal. The phoenixes tears have to touch the wound in question.”

“That’s true Ms. Evans, excellent description five points to Gryffindor. While it’s true that phoenixes tears work only if they touch the wound and that is usually associated with external wounds. If a person were to drink a phoenixes tears theoretically the tears should heal the internal wounds as well.” Dumbledore took a vial from around his neck and handed it to Lily. Lily took it from the Headmaster and studied it closely for a moment before handing it to James.

“Phoenix tears.” said James immediately, noticing the bright golden color. Lily looked at him, eyebrows raised. “My mum is a healer, and one day a person gave her a baby phoenix as a present for helping save their life. Zero - that was his name- used to heal my father when he came back from a job all banged up.” James frowned for a moment, “Never healed me though. He didn’t like me very much after I pulled out one of his tail feathers when I was three.”

Lily rolled her eyes and grabbed the bottle out of James’ hand, “So you want us to give this to Remus. Sir I mean no disrespect but is it poisonous? I mean it won’t make him worse would it?”

Dumbledore shook his head, “It can only make him better Ms. Evans.”

“Alright.” Lily stood up and walked over to Remus’ mouth. “James would you lift his head up, while I try and make him swallow this?” James jumped lightly to his feet and stood next to Lily, gently he lifted Remus’ head; supporting it with him arm.

Gently Lily tipped the golden liquid into Remus’ mouth. A shudder ran violently through Remus and Lily stepped back startled. “Professor what’s happening to him?” asked James angrily, putting Remus’ head back on the bed and placing his hand on Remus’ slowly deteriorating heart. “You said it wouldn’t hurt him! It’s making him worse, his heart is beating even faster, damn it Remus!”

“James.”

James punched the wall beside him; turning to Dumbledore, he took a deep breath. “This is your fault!” He yelled “‘it can only make him better’” mimicked James furiously. “Yeah way better, he’s dying even faster than before!”

“James.”

James turned angrily to Lily, “what!?” he asked annoyed.

“He’s coughing up the silver.” said Lily as Pomphrey and McGonagall lifted the still comatose boy into a sitting position.

James looked over Lily’s shoulder to see that she was right; Remus was coughing up the silver. Turning to Dumbledore, he said, blushing slightly. “Yeah, I’m sorry.”

Dumbledore held up his hand dismissingly, “No harm done Mr. Potter. You were upset about your friend, it’s quite understandable. Though maybe next time we could wait a couple of seconds before jumping to conclusion?”

“Yes, Professor.” James turned to Lily, and placed his arm around her shoulders. “So it looks like Remus is going to be alright. Care to go on a date with me?”

Lily ignored him and leaned into his chest, laying her head on his shoulder. “Not now Potter, we have a child to care for. Besides the best and worst things about dating have already happened to us.”

James frowned playfully, “But I wasn’t there for the fun part!” he whined, making Lily smile.

She looked up at him smirking mischievously, “You had to be seeing as you’re the one who was pregnant.”

McGonagall interrupted James before he could make a come back, “Speaking of which, where is your little bundle of joy.”

James looked at Lily nervously, “She’s with Alice Professor.” said Lily, making James relax.

McGonagall nodded, “Don’t you think that it’s time to relieve your friend Ms. Evans?”

Lily nodded and untangled herself from James, “Yes Professor that may be a good idea.” Lily grabbed James’ hand and started to pull him towards the door. A place he was very reluctant to go.

“Can I stay?” he asked.

McGonagall shook her head, “You have class Mr. Potter. It’s Friday you may stay the night.”

“Just to be a hundred percent sure. He’s going to be alright now, right?”

Dumbledore stood up and turned to the two fifth years. “I will be calling you to my office later today to discuss the details of Mr. Lupin‘s condition. But to answer you question yes, as for now he will be.”

This seemed to calm James enough to allow him to be lead out the door by Lily. “We’ll come back first thing in the morning before breakfast, with Regulus and Sirius.” Lily stopped dead in her tracks, “Shoot that reminds me!” Lily turned to McGonagall, “Would it be alright if you gave Regulus a pass into Gryffindor Tower? I don’t think he would want to be away from his brother after this ordeal.”

McGonagall took a slip of parchment from her robes and scribbled a note, sending it to Lily with a simple spell she said, “Tell Mr. Black that he is free to stay as long as he needs to.”

Lily smiled gratefully, “Thank you Professor, come on James. We have to find Sirius and Regulus and give them the good news. Good night Professor‘s!” called Lily over her shoulder.

“Yeah good night, and thanks for everything!” said James as he followed Lily out of the doors.



Regulus ran as fast as he could, trying to keep up with his brother. “Sirius stop! I can’t keep up.” Regulus yelled at his brother, placing his hands on his knees and taking deep breaths. “I know you’re angry, but this isn’t the way to deal with it! You can’t run away from this, not this time. Not Remus.”

Sirius turned angrily on his brother, making the smaller boy shrink back in fear. “What about Remus! He ran away, if he can do it why can’t I?”

“Because Remus is in the hospital wingdying,do you understand that Sirius? He ran away and now he‘s dying. Your best friend, the person you have been in love with since you first set eyes on him is there lying in a hospital wing beddying.RemusdyingSirius, this isn‘t something you can run away from. I know your angry at Remus, but this is not going to help you. Nor will it help Remus.”

Sirius clutched his fist, “So tell me Regulus, what do expect me to do? Make believe I’m not pissed? Make believe that I never had feelings for him. Make believe that seeing him in that bed so close to death, isn’t killing me? Tell me what to do Regulus because I sure as hell have no idea.”

Regulus stood quiet for a moment, “I don’t know,” he whispered softly.

“Well that make two of us.” said Sirius tiredly, running a hand through his long black hair. He stiffened, when he caught the scent of the sixth year Slytherins. “Regulus get out of here. It’s the sixth year Slytherins.”

“Well look who it is, is your little friend going to be alright? I saw him being brought in by that big goon. He didn’t look good. Maybe he’ll kick the bucket and we won’t have to worry about being killed in our sleep.” Sirius turned around and whipped out his wand, pointing it directly at Malfoy.

“Shut the fuck up Malfoy.” said Regulus, glaring at the blonde. “If anyone should kick the bucket it should be you.”

“Ah the little Slytherin whore has something to say?” mocked Malfoy, “Come on whore say it.”

Sirius stepped in front of his brother, “Don’t you dare call my brother a whore Malfoy. I’m out for your blood. Do youreallyit’s the smartest idea to be jeering at the one person who makes me calm?” asked Sirius, his eyes flashing dangerously. Crabbe and Goyle took a menacing step towards Sirius. Holding his ground Sirius looked at them, eyebrows raised. “What are you planning on doing to me, huh? Perhaps use the crucio curse on me? You should know by now that it has no effect on me. It’s been used on me so many times by my lovely parents that I don’t even feel it anymore. No actually the killing curse is more your style, right Malfoy? Go ahead and try it, I could use a vacation.”

Malfoy raised his wand, but stopped mid wave. “No but I am going to tell you something that will drive you mad with rage. Something I am actually deeply proud of.”

This caught Sirius off guard for a moment but he didn’t let down his wand. Regulus’ eyes widened in fear, “You didn’t.” he whispered.

Malfoy smirked, “It seems as if your baby brother has caught on, it seems unlike looks brains don’t run in your family.”

“What’s he talking about Reg?” asked Sirius from the corner of his mouth, never letting his eyes leave the Slytherins in front of him.

Regulus swallowed hardly before saying, “A couple of days ago I heard Malfoy and his cronies about taking someone down. I never thought that it was Remus but maybe… I think they are the ones who did it to Remus. The one’s who forced the silver down his throat.”

Malfoy laughed wickedly, “That’s right, we are the ones who killed your werewolf friend. We are the one’s who kicked him, and tied him up. We are the one’s who forced silver down his throat. We are the one’s who left him laying there on the cold wet dirt, waiting for death.”

Sirius threw his wand away from him and leapt at Malfoy, tackling him to the ground. He put his legs around his waist and punched him continuously. Not caring where he hit him. “You son of a bitch! I am going to kill you just as you tried to kill Remus!”

“Sirius!” The sound of a girls voice yelling and the pounding of shoes on the stone floor could be heard but Sirius didn’t care. “Impedimenta!” Sirius was forced back, the spell pinned him to the floor. Malfoy scurried away, followed shortly by his followers.

James glared at the Slytherins before rushing to his friend, “Sirius mate, what happened. Not that I don’t think I shouldn’t congratulate you on kicking Malfoy’s ass but what happened.”

The spell wore off but Sirius was much to exhausted to move anywhere. Leaning against James’ chest, he told him and Lily about the information Malfoy had just released.

Lily took Regulus’ hand and forced him to sit next to his brother, “Well obviously he was lying.” said Lily as she kneeled in front of Sirius, checking his body for bruises. “Well it looks like all you got was a black eye. Aw well it could have been worse. Sirius look at the ceiling for a moment would you please?”

Sirius looked to the ceiling as Lily muttered a spell to rid his gorgeous face of that monstrosity. (lol) “What are you saying Red?”

Lily rolled her eyes, as she left go of his face, “Like I said obviously he was lying. He wanted to get under your skin, what better way than to say he’s the one that attacked Remus? He knows your weakness Sirius.” Lily frowned for a moment, “That can’t be good.”

James looked up and smirked slightly, “At least it matches.” he said trying to keep the humor out of his voice.

Sirius looked alarmed, “What matches?”

“Your eyes Bro. she accidentally gave you another black eye -snickers- you look like a raccoon.” At Lily’s glare he added, “A very… cute raccoon?”

Lily rolled his eyes and placed her wand in her pocket, “Well at least I tried. We’re going to have to go to Pomphrey for this.” Sirius nodded and stood up brushing off his robes. He paused for a moment and then said worriedly, “Wait why are you guys here did Re-”

James held up his hand and put his arm around Sirius’ shoulder, “Remus is better than he was. He’s not dying, Dumbles made me and Lils force phoenix tears down Remus’ throat. He is in a coma now. Which under normal circumstances I would be freaking about, but since he was almost killed I‘m slightly calmer about it.”

James lead the group back to the hospital wing. Lily smiled at Regulus and grabbed his hand, squeezing it reassuringly. “I have something for you Regulus.” said Lily, keeping about a three-foot distance between them and Sirius and James.

Regulus looked at her curiously, “Really what?”

Lily pulled the pass from McGonagall from her pocket and handed it to Regulus. “It’s a pass for you. With this you are able to sleep in Gryffindor Tower with your brother.”

Regulus smiled gratefully, stopping he hugged her tightly. “Thank you Lily. It’s the best gift anyone has ever given me.”

Lily pulled away and grabbed his hand again pulling him the rest of the way to the hospital wing. “It’s not a problem Reggie. I know you like to stay with your brother, this just presented the perfect opportunity to ask.”

Regulus and Lily stopped at the front doors, Lily turned to Regulus. “Are you ready?”

Regulus took a deep breath, grabbing the doorknob. “As ready as I’ll ever be.”



It was now 3:30 and the Marauder’s were in a surprising place. They… were in the library. Gasp I know that’s what I said!

Pomphrey had explained to Lily and James that they needed to find a potion that had herbs that wouldn’t poison a werewolf. She refused to tell them the reason as to why they needed to do research when she was the medi-nurse, and instead yelled at them for being in the hospital wing during classes.

Books upon book were found on the coma subject, but barely any (if any) of the books held the information they were looking for. To make things worse Lily and James’ child Chandler just wouldn’t stop screaming. Lily rocked Chandler with one arm whilst reading a book with the other. Finally, James got frustrated and took Chandler from Lily; he grabbed a bottle from his pocket and stuffed rather forcefully into the baby’s mouth.

“James! That’s a real baby your abusing there!” yelled Lily taking the screaming child in her arms, taking the bottle from her partner she gently placed it into Chandler’s mouth. Rocking the baby up and down, humming to it softly and the feeding slowly calmed Chandler down. After her bottle was finished, Lily burped her, changed her diaper (with magic of course!) and put her in her carriage for a nap.

Severus and Peter smiled at Lily before going back to their research, Lily’s friend Alice agreed to watch Artemis while they were in the library. Sirius groaned and threw the book in his hand into the “discard” pile. “This is complete- what do you want?” asked Sirius angrily at the small gray wolf that was pawing at his leg.

“Sirius!” scolded Lily, “That is your child you are talking to! Have you even fed her? She looks like a anorexic wolf.” Lily picked up the small gray wolf and grabbed a bottle from under her carriage. “Hold out your arms.” Lily instructed.

Sirius’ shook his head, “No. I am not going near that thing. It’s her fault we are even in this mess.”

Lily handed the wolf to Severus before standing right over Sirius. “Listen to me Black and listen good. This is literally yours and Remus’ child. What will Remus say when he comes out of a coma and see’s you treating her like that, well? He will never speak to you again.”

Sirius glared at her but sighed; defeated, “Fine give her here, I’ll feed her.”

Lily smiled victoriously and gently took the wolf from Severus; handing her to Sirius, she placed the bottle in Sirius’ unoccupied hand. “Nowgentlythe bottle in her mouth an-” Sirius glared at Lily.

“I know how to feed a baby Red; I have a three year old cousin.” Lily watched Sirius feed the wolf until she was satisfied that he would not hurt her.

“Guys I think I may have found something.” called Peter from somewhere in the restricted section.

“Well bring it over here mate.” said James, rolling his eyes.

“As much as I would love to do that Prong’s, its way to big for me to carry by my lonesome.”

James stood up and walked cautiously towards the restricted section, catching sight of Peter’s robes about ten feet away from the entrance James said, “Why are you in there mate?”

Peter stuck his head out from behind the shelf, where he was trying to pick up the book from. “Well remember how we have been researching the last few years?”

James nodded, “Yeah what about it?”

“Well a few years ago I remember coming across this page about werewolf comatose patients. It had a list of potions and instructions on how to make it. Turns out it’s in the same book as what we had needed before. The problem is I can’t make heads of tails of it, we need someone with a good grasp of Latin and a person who is above NEWTS in potions.”

“Sirius has a pretty good understanding of Latin.” said Regulus as he walked up behind James. At the boys raised eyebrows he said, “Mum forced us to take at least one language course when we were younger. Sirius choose Latin and I choose Japanese. In fact that’s where I had met Remus; we were in the same class.”

James nodded his head towards Peter, “You think he will be able to translate that for us?”

Regulus crouched down to where Peter had the dusty tome, “He should be able to. We will have to show him to know for sure though. Come on Pete you lift one side, I‘ll lift the other and James you‘ll get the middle.”

They nodded and each picked up a side, grunting they slowly made their way back to the illness section. “Sirius mate do you think you could translate this for us?” asked James as the three boys slammed the book onto the library table, causing a huge cloud of dust to be blown into the air.

Sirius stood up from his chair and put the small wolf on the floor by his feet. He walked up to the book and ran his hand down the dusty page muttering to himself.

mens - redimio venenum

Veneficus have been usura is venenum pro thousands of annus ut a opes impetro suum diligo ones ex a lethargus. mens redimio est a venenum parumper alio (s) quisnam volo experior ut excito a comatose victor. Is est a valde complicated venenum quod postulo a valde expertus venenum plasmator facio is.

Mens redimio puts imbibo in a lethargus amo civitas, quod enables lemma ut saluto comatose alio sententia. Quam is officina est a vegrandis amount of brain liquor est captus ex utriusque unique quod est promiscuus in venenum.

Utriusque es bibo liquidus unus (alio in a lethargus est iens habeo is donatus sibimet per a alio non-captus venenum). Is mos loco waking unique in a sopor, quod si venenum est no vox a rutilus ligamen should procedo of suum pinkies quod suggero ut invicem. Is enables lemma ineo sulum alius sententia.

Si totus goes puteus ut duos hora es sursum rutilus threads should singulus quod utriusque unique should suscitatio.

ADMONITIO: Si rutilus ligamen es ingravesco tangled per duos hora, decet incrementabiliter periculosus ut unique quod may planto is impossible pro lemma ut excito sursum. Quispiam should procuratio ut servo is ex venio.

After he finished reading he said, “it’s a pretty difficult potion, it’s like nothing I’ve ever seen. I don’t even think Slughorn would be able to make it.”

Severus looked over Sirius’ shoulder, “I could do it. I’ll need you to translate the instructions and everything of course. It shouldn‘t be too much of a problem.”

Peter pointed to the text. “What does it say mate?”

Sirius ran his hand through his hand, “Well it’s a mind-binding potion, what it says is that the Mens redimio puts the drinker into a coma like state that enables them to visit the comatose victim's thoughts. How it works is a small amount of brain fluid is taken from both individuals and is mixed into the potion. Both are to drink the liquid at the same time (The person in a coma is going to have it given to them by a person not taking the potion). This will put the waking individual into a deep sleep, and if the potion is made right a red string should come out of their pinkies and attach to each other.

This enables them to enter each other’s thoughts. If all goes, well when the two hours are up the red threads should separate and both individuals should awaken. WARNING: If the red strings are to become tangled during the two hours, it becomes increasingly dangerous to the individuals and may make it impossible for them to wake up. Someone should supervise to keep this from happening.”

“So what are the people in a coma doing for the two hours?” asked Lily from her seat next to James.

Sirius scanned down the page, frowning every now and then. “The person who wasn’t originally in the coma travels into the coma victims memories. There the individual is to follow the coma victim to whatever memories they visit. The last memory the coma victim will show is their greatest fear. You have to try and get them to relive it and that will shock them into waking. That’s the basics of it anyway.”

Regulus leaned on his elbows and leered at the page, “so what do you think Remus’ worst memory is?”

“When he was turned.” said Sirius automatically. “I mean wouldn’t you be?”

James nodded and leaned his back against the nearest bookshelf. He had his sleeves pulled up to his elbows and his shirt was unbuttoned down to his chest, he looked gorgeous. Lily had a hard time keeping her eyes off of him.

Severus wanting to get the conversation going again said, “The potion will take about three days, if I am reading this correct.”

Sirius nodded, “There’s going to be a problem with some of the ingredients though. “I don’t think some of this stuff is legal any more, or at the very least available.”

Severus held up his hand, “Write down the instruction and the ingredients. I’ll find everything.”

Sirius raised his left eyebrow and crossed his arms, “Yeah? Where are you going to get Giants blood?”

“Hagrid.” said Severus as if it were he most obvious thing in the world.

“Severus! How could you even say that!” said Lily astounded, hitting Severus on the chest.

“What? Hagrid’s half-giant, he has giants blood in him, it’s perfect. Look it‘s not as if I‘m going to stab him and drain him of his blood. I‘ll ask him if he‘ll do it for Remus.”

This seemed to calm Lily down for the moment, “Alright so what about the centaur tail hair? The basilisk? These aren’t common thing’s Severus, where the hell do you expect us to find this?”

Severus hide his head in Peter’s shoulder and groaned, “I’ll handle it Lily, don’t worry about it.”

The bell rang cutting off any arguments that Lily may have had, “Come on we are supposed to meet Dumbledore in his office now.” said Severus picking up the small gray wolf. “Which reminds me what are you going to name her Sirius?”

“Lucifer, and how did Dumbledore’s office remind you of that.” said Sirius as he copied down the last few lines of the mens redimio venenum.

“Sirius! You cannot name her after the devil’s son! For one thing it‘s a boy‘s name.” said Lily glaring at Sirius

“I was kidding; Remus and I made a list of baby names a few days ago. I was thinking Azzarraya Seri.”

Lily smiled softly, “That’s a beautiful name Sirius.”

“Yeah, well I figured she needed a name and all. It‘s not a big deal.” said Sirius taking Azzarraya from Severus as they started to make their way to the Headmasters office.

Lily thought for a moment, “Can she turn into a human?”

Sirius thought for a moment, “You know I have absolutely no idea. If she can she hasn’t done it yet.” Picking up Azzarraya so that she was eye to eye with her he said, ’Can you turn into a human?”

His reply was a whine and her jumping out of his arms, “Gah! Where are you going?”

Azzarraya jumped into James’ arms, James stroked her fur softly. “Hey Azzarraya.”

Sirius glared at her and walked away from the group, his hands in his pockets. “See it’s not me who hates her. It’s the opposite.”

“Don’t be ridiculous Seri, she doesn’t hate you. Confused as to why the change of heart, but she doesn’thate

“Why the sudden change mate? You were just glaring at her fifteen minutes ago.”

Sirius was quiet for a moment, helping Lily walk the carriage down to the third floor. “I was thinking about Red said, and well she’s right, as much as I hate to admit it. Remus would never forgive me if I were to act angry and mean to Azzarraya. So I figured I’d try my best.”

They now stood outside the headmaster’s gargoyles, “Does anyone know the password?” asked James as he placed Azzarraya on the floor.

“Blood Pops.” came a small voice from below, the gargoyles jumped to life moving out of the way, as the spiral staircase came up from beneath the floor.

The five fifth years looked to the ground, “Azzarraya?” asked Sirius uncertainly. Azzarraya looked up at Sirius with her large golden eyes, blinking every couple of seconds. “Guess not.” muttered Sirius as he helped Lily with her carriage.

James opened the office door, and the kids filed in. Azzarraya ran in ahead and jumped on the Headmaster's lap. Sirius reached out for her, but Dumbledore held up his hand. "It's quite alright Mr. Black, no harm done. Now please sit so we could get started. Would anyone care for a lemon drop?"

James and Severus accepted one whilst the rest shook their heads, Azzarraya whined slightly and Dumbledore placed one into her opened mouth. "I wanted to talk to you about Mr. Lupin's condition. He has been doing really well since the silver was removed from his system but we still have the problem. As I am sure, you know Remus hasn't come out of his coma. This is a problem with the upcoming full moon, because we have no idea as to how the wolf inside Remus will react. We have to try and wake Remus before then."

The kids nodded, all thought's going back to the potion they found in the library. "Now I want Mr. Potter and Ms. Evans to go on a task for me."

At this the kids looked up, their thoughts no longer on the potion. "For what Sir?" asked Lily as she picked up Chandler from the carriage.

"It has come to my attention that you have found a potion that will help our young Mr. Lupin out of his coma. The Mens Redimio Venenum, I believe it was called."

They stayed quiet, not willing to get into trouble. Not when their friend was in need of help. "I want Mr. Potter and Ms. Evans to retrieve five stems ofsanguinaria canadensisthe meadow in the Forbidden forest."

Lily frowned for a moment, "Sanguinaria Canadensis? But Sir, that plant only grows inrich woods, usually on banks or slopes. How are we supposed to find any in the Forest?"

Dumbledore stood up, causing Azzarraya to jump off his lap and run under the desk. He motioned for Lily and James to follow him to the window. Curiously, James and Lily walked to the window and peered out. "Across the lake there is a small grouping of sanguinaria canadensis. You will need to go into the forest and find the centaur named Orion, he will help you get to your destination."

Lily looked out worriedly, "Professor, I've heard some stories."

Dumbledore nodded gravely as they went back to their seats, "Alas Ms. Evans I am sorry to say that all those stories are indeed fact, but I have complete faith that you and Mr. Potter will come back unharmed."

Lily looked nervously at Chandler, "What about Chandler? Someone will have to look after her. I can’t impose on Alice any longer, I think she's getting annoyed."

"I am sure Professor McGonagall will be happy look after Chandler."

James nodded his head, "We'll be happy to do it Professor. We'll be back with the sanguinaria canadensis in three days."

Dumbledore nodded his head, "That would be wonderful Mr. Potter. Whilst you're away Mr. Snape and Mr. Pettigrew will start on the potion, and Mr.'s Black will be doing more research on what happens after one goes into a coma after ingesting potion. Now do we have any more questions?"

The kids shook their heads, and Dumbledore stood up. "Well then if you will excuse me I have a meeting with the teachers that I must be getting to."

They nodded and made their way from the Headmaster's office, Azzarraya jumped into the carriages basket and curled up into a little ball, falling into a light sleep.



Sirius looked down at the sandy haired angel, unable to hold back some of the tears that slid down his face. Sirius leaned down and pushed the hair out of Remus' eyes, unable to control himself Sirius pressed a kiss to Remus' forehead. Suddenly Remus' breath started coming out in gasps, Sirius jumped up alarmed. "Madam Pomphrey!" cried Sirius frantically.

Pomphrey ran out of her office, "Sirius what happened?" she asked alarmed.

Sirius pointed to Remus, "Something is the matter with him! All of a sudden, he started gasping for breath. You guys said he was fine!" yelled Sirius angrily.

"Mr. Black calm down! You were just leaning on his chest, see? He's already breathing easily." Sirius turned around and let out a relieved sigh.

"Sorry about that, I'm just…" words failed him.

Pomphrey leaned against the window. "Your worried about him, it's understandable, he's your best friend."

Sirius nodded mechanically, swallowing hard. He looked at his best friend lying there, and he felt completely helpless. Sirius looked down when he felt something pawing at his pants. Azzarraya looked up at him sadly and he picked her up, hiding his face in her soft gray fur. Sitting on the chair beside Remus' bed, Sirius started to stroke Azzarraya's fur finding it surprisingly therapeutic.

Pomphrey patted Azzarraya on the head before heading back to her office, leaving Sirius and Azzarraya alone. Azzarraya watched Remus with sad eyes, whining sadly every now and then. "I know Azzarraya, I know."

Azzarraya looked up at Sirius and nudged his head. Sirius looked at her curiously, "What are you hungry." She whined once more and Sirius sighed, picking up his messenger bag. He took out some baby food and a spoon. Azzarraya lapped at the spoon happily enjoying the banana baby foods taste.

"Seri?" She whined softly as if to say 'yes'. "Are you able to turn into a human?"

She looked up at him, staring. Sirius shook his head, "Of course you can't." he muttered softly. Sirius leaned back against his chair, his hair falling into his face. He yawned as he continued to stroke Azzarraya's fur. 'Everything will be alright Seri, you'll see." Sirius sunk deeper into his slumber and for the first time since Remus left, he slept peacefully.



Regulus walked down the seventh floor corridor. His hands were in his pockets and he had a far away look in his eyes. So it was no wonder he missed the beautiful Ravenclaw boy that had just passed him. "Regulus." Regulus frowned slightly but continued his journey. "Regulus!" the voice was louder this time, loud enough to catch Regulus' attention.

"Wah?" he turned around and came face to face with his ex-boyfriend Danny Masterson. He smiled brightly, "Danny! I haven’t seen you in so long how have you been?" Regulus asked as he hugged him tightly.

Danny pulled away from Regulus gently, keeping his hands on Regulus' shoulders. "I've been great Regulus. Look, I heard about Remus and I'm sorry, I know how close you are to him. Is he going to be alright?"

Regulus smiled, Danny has always been such a kindhearted person. "He's in a coma right now, but Dumbledore has us working on a potion to awaken him."

Danny nodded, and kept his eyes on Regulus. "So areyoualright?"

Regulus sighed and shook his head, "I don't know. It's just weird, you know?"

Danny nodded, "Yeah I know." Danny held out his arms and Regulus gratefully walked into them, leaning his head against Danny's chest.

"I'm just really worried about him. I mean Pomphrey and Dumbledore say he will be fine, but you know? There are so many cases where people never come out of a coma."

Danny nodded and sighed, "If Dumbledore and Pomphrey say he will be alright, I have the utmost confidence that he will be. Remus is strong he will get passed this. How's Sirius taking this." Regulus pulled away from Danny.

"He's taking it hard, he was so angry he almost lost control of his magic. If he loses Remus, there's no saying what will happen." Regulus started walking down the hall again, Danny following close behind.

Danny sighed and grabbed Regulus' hand. He started pulling Regulus towards the Room of Requirement. "Where are you taking me Dan?"

Danny paced in front of the requirements wall until the door appeared., pulling Regulus in he closed the door. Dan turned around and Regulus gasped slightly in shock as Danny pressed his lips lightly against Regulus'.

Regulus moaned softly and locked his fingers into Danny's auburn colored haired, pulling himself closer to the taller boy. Danny wrapped his arms around Regulus' waist, gently lifting up Regulus' shirt to play with the skin just above his waistline. A light shudder rippled through Regulus' body and he pulled his mouth away from Danny's allowing his mouth to work on the pale skin of Danny's neck.

Danny pulled away from Regulus gently, "Reg, stop."

Regulus looked at Danny through half lidded eyes, "What's wrong Dan?"

"Are yousure. We aren’t even together any more."

Regulus wrapped his arms around Danny's arms, and kissed him softly on the lips. "So lets get back together." He whispered, nibbling on Danny's ear softly.

Danny pulled away from him once more, leaning his forehead against Regulus'. Stroking Regulus' cheek, he pulled Regulus towards the couch. "Regulus, will you be my boyfriend?" Danny asked softly.

Regulus smiled and pulled Danny on top of him, "There is nothing I would love more." Regulus whispered softly against Danny's lips, before pulling the boy flush against him and kissing him hard.

Danny pulled away and kissed Regulus' neck as Regulus slipped his hand under Danny's shirt, to move across the boys hard muscles. Danny shuddered violently, and switched their positions so that Regulus was on top. Regulus hid his face in Danny's face. "Can we stay like this for awhile?" he asked softly.'

Danny smiled and started to run is fingers through Regulus' soft hair, "Anything you need."

Regulus leaned his head against Danny's chest and fell into a light slumber, "Thank you Danny." He whispered softly.

"No problem Reggie."



Lily and James walked out of the front doors and started to make their way to the Forbidden Forest. James grabbed Lily's hand and smiled softly when she didn't pull away from him. "Are you cold?" asked James as a light shudder ran through Lily.

She nodded and James took his cloak off, putting it over her shoulders. She pulled the cloak tighter around her, she breathed in deeply and relaxed as James' scent washed over her. "Thank you."

James smiled and uncertainly put his arm around Lily, "Everything is going to be alright… right."

Lily leaned against his shoulder as they walked, "Remus is strong James, he will be just fine."

They stopped at the edge of the forest, James turned to Lily. "Are you ready?"

Lily nodded and took a deep breath, "As ready as I will ever be. Let's go, the sooner we get the Sanguinaria canadensis. The sooner Remus will be out of that coma."

Together they walked into the dark Forest. Ready to face whatever this Adventure had in store for them.



An- Ah over 17 pages my longest chapter ever! Can you guys do me a favor and give me feed back? I mean at least 5 reviews. I'm trying to learn to write longer chapters so i need to know how I did. thanks.
Sayonara,
Jp-chan