Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Parenting Skills 101 - A Remus and Sirius Adventure ❯ What happened to Remus ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
guys listen if you haven't done so already (meaning within the last five days) read the NEW chapter 7, you must read that before reading this one. The new chapter 7 is the one without Azzerraya Seri and ends with 'Remus is dead'. I wouldn't usually push the issue but I had problems posting it, it took three hours to write and it's an important part of the story so I repeat -if you haven't done so already (meaning within the last five days) read the NEW chapter 7, you must read that before reading this one. Thanks and remember to review.

Chapter8:
What happened to Remus

Remus’ POV

I landed on the ground easily, my feet touching the soft grass seven stories below the 5th year Gryffindor boys’ dormitory. I looked above me and saw that the sky was speckled with clouds that stood vicariously of the almost full moon.

Stealthy I made my way towards the Forbidden Forest planning on apparating as soon as I was out of the school’s magical radar. I stopped suddenly as I heard footsteps slowly coming towards me, “Professor Dumbledore.”

“Remus.” an old worn voice came from behind me; I tried to ignore the disappointment that it held.

I clutched my hands into fists refusing to turn towards the headmaster, knowing that if I did I would have no chance of escaping from here. “I’m leaving Professor, nothing you can say or do will change that. I can’t stay not now, not after what happened today.”

“It wasn’t my intention to get you to stay, Mr. Lupin. I was merely out on a stroll about the grounds. Would you care to join me for a moment?”

I refused to look at Dumbledore but nodded my consent. I know what he was doing; I have seen him do it countless times before. He was trying to guilt me into staying, what he does not know already is, is that I already feel guilty. On the other hand, maybe he does know and that is how he plans on getting me to stay. Dumbledore walked and I followed watching him from the corner of my eye.

We stopped by the lake and Dumbledore bent down, talking in some mysterious language that I faintly remember. The giant squid (aka Josh as dubbed by the infamous Sirius Black) came bobbing through the lakes waters, coming to a stop about fifteen feet from where Dumbledore and I stood.

Dumbledore held a hand out, throwing a cracker into Josh‘s mouth. “Humans like animals are mysterious thing’s Remus. We humans fight for survival much like animals fight for food. But unlike humans animals don’t give up hope, they keep fighting until the bitter end.”

He threw another cracker and I stayed quiet, mulling over what he had said. “That maybe so professor but I am not completely a human, not completely an animal. I am stuck in the middle, not belonging to one but not belonging to the other either. These theories of yours wouldn’t work for me, I am neither.”

Dumbledore shook his head, “You are human Remus. No matter how much you fight it, you can never change what you are. Humans make mistakes; there is no denying it, they run away from their problems instead of trying to face them head on. Can I tell you a story Remus?” I nodded my head; we were now walking along the lake Josh following us through the water. “It was a few years ago. This boy had come in with his father. He was smaller than average and kind of a bookworm, but what stood out the most was his disbelief. Now this was a person who had no idea as to what was going to happen to him. One who said that they could never join a class with normal children that no sane person would allow it. This same person stood in front of the whole school a month later, with a look of confidence that I have never seen. Sure, he was skill scared but something changed him in that one month. Can you tell me what changed you Mr. Lupin?”

Stopped walking letting the memory of the story he just told flash through my mind. “It was Sirius, James and Peter, they gave me that confidence.”

Dumbledore looked at me over his half-mooned spectacles, “You mean the one’s who are in tears right now? The one’s you have left behind?”

“It’s not that simple Professor! I can’t… I can’t face the school, not after that. Once the parents find out awerewolfin the school. It’s too much of a risk Headmaster; it’ll be easier on everyone if I just left.” I picked up a rock and threw it as hard as I can into the lake, causing a big splash. Josh was not happy about the splash, and picked up one of his tentacles slamming it onto the surface of the water, soaking me.

“Easier on them or easier on you Mr. Lupin?”

I stayed quiet; truth was I knew he was right; I just didn’t want to admit it. Lifting my sopping hair out of my eyes I said, “I’ve already made up my mind Professor, there’s nothing you could say that would change my mind.”

“So you’re going to leave Mr. Black to raise a child all on his own? That’s not like you.”

I turned away and started walking to the Forest, “It’s not like me to fall in love with my best friend after being pissed at them, but I did that as well. Sirius will do fine; he has the others to help him. I had better go now; I want to get home before Dad leaves for work. Good Bye Professor.”

“You always have a home here Remus.”

“Yes I know, thank you Professor.”

I walked away refusing to look behind me. I stopped at the edge of the forest, took a deep breath and began my journey to the apparation point.

The forest was dark and smelled of damp dirt. I wrinkled my nose in disgust; it wasn’t the most pleasant of smells even when you didn’t have a sensitive nose. I walked through the forest undisturbed by the many organisms that lived there, they all knew me well and knew I was of no threat to them; at least not in this form, I tend to get very territorial as a werewolf.

I froze instinctively as I heard the footfalls of a human. Sniffing the air, I recognized the scents were that of the seventh-year Slytherins. Five no, six of them were making their way towards me no longer sneaking as they were before I had realized that they were following. I started forward looking to put as much distance between me and them as possible. In my werewolf form, I’d be able to take them no problem, but in my human form- while Iwasgifted in the defense portion of our classes- I highly doubted that I would fair too well when it came to six death eaters.

I looked up to see that they had me surrounded. Two in the front and back of me and one at each of my sides. I looked wearily at Malfoy and Narcissa Black, since they were the ones standing directly in front of me. “What do you want Malfoy? Did I steal a boyfriend from you and you’re are out for revenge or something?” It was common knowledge that Lucius Malfoy was gay, he just keeps denying it so I knew the comment it him where it hurt.

Narcissa put her wand up, pointing it directly at my heart. I eyes it wearily, “Really Cissa, it’s rude to point.”

Malfoy took a step forward and he too had his wand pointed at me, I rolled my eyes. “What do youwant?Tell me so I can give what you want and go home.”

I gripped the handle of my wand, ready to pull it out of my robes if I need it.

“You’re not going anywhere Lupin, Inpe-”

“Expelliamus!” The werewolf in me gave me more speedy reflexes, and I was able to disarm him and Narcissa before they could attack. Unfortunately, this did nothing to the other four that surrounded me.

I was knocked to the ground and my wand laid about a foot away. I fought against the binds that held me as I struggled to my wand, cursing myself for the limited wandless magic I had learned.Protego. I hoped to produce a shield, no such luck.Of course.I thought bitterly,why would a shield charm work now of all times? bouclier de corps, bouclier de corps, bouclier de corps… bouclier de corps! Come on you stupid thing, I only need you up long enough to get my wand.closed my eyes not caring about what the Slytherins were up to and concentrated, thinking about Sirius and everyone. My eyes flashed open BOUCLIER DE CORPS!

A shield was produced around me pushing the Slytherins back a few paces, the binds loosened and I was able to get my wand. The shield fell as I jumped onto the branch of the nearest tree, the Slytherins glared at me from their place on the floor. “Well I have to say, that had to be rudest thing a person has ever done to me.” I was teasing them, pretending to keep my cool. Truth was I was nervous, the wolf was fighting his way to the surface and if he succeeded, there would be six dead bodies for me to explain.

Malfoy pointed his wand at me once again; the other five followed his lead. Six different spells came at me at once causing me to lose my balance on the branch and slam unceremoniously onto the squishy dirt. “Impedimenta!” this time five out of the six used the same curse on me- there was no way I could escape.

I looked up at them defiantly, “What are you going to do now?” I asked tauntingly, “Strip me and hang me in the middle of the quid ditch pitch? C’mon Malfoy you know you want to touch my-” The rest of the sentence never left my lips, for my lips were too busy spitting out blood. Malfoy had kicked me in the face, that SOB actually kicked me.

After a minute, its flow seemed to stop enough so that I could speak, “Is that the best you got? Shame, well at least know I know why you have other people do your work. You’re incompetent of doing it yourself, as I am sure you are in other things.” I let the sentence hang. I started to sweat a little; I was running out of snide comments. There are only so many things I could say to hurt his pride. “I mean that thing with Narcissa was pretty embarrassing. Talk about there being a lot of Amish people but not being able to raise the barn.”

Well I had done it I had done the impossible. I shocked Malfoy, that’s right people I Remus John Lupin, shocked Lucius Malfoy so bad he was actually speechless. Too bad for me his shock only last a minute before he grabbed my hair, pulling me up by it, “Watch it Lucinda, It’s attached you know!” I winced inwardly, I have to stop hanging out with the Marauder’s I used to be a good boy and now they turned me into a sarcastic little smart ass. Great Mum’s going to get a kick out of this.

He pulled my hair back motioning for Narcissa to come over to his left, “Yes Lucius what is it Love.”

I was going to puke.

Malfoy whispered something to Narcissa that I couldn‘t hear, nodding she placed the edge of her wand to my mouth, “I’ll miss you baby cousin. Argent liquide!”

My body squirmed with resistance as the liquid metal burned my insides, I bit my lip refusing to scream knowing that’s exactly what he wants, what they want. Malfoy rubbed my throat forcing the smooth liquid to slide down it, leaving a trail of burning flames in its path. Malfoy looked at me elated; obviously, he was happy with how this was going. “He needs more.” he said.

Narcissa looked at me worriedly, “It’ll kill him Lucius! Look at him he’s almost dead as it is, leave him be.”

Malfoy grabbed Narcissa’s hair and pulled her to the ground, “You are betroth to me and that means you do exactly as I say do you read me?” He asked viciously, pulling on her hair harder, I wanted to scream at him. To tell him to let her go but my mouth just wouldn’t work. “Now do it!”

Narcissa looked at me with scared eyes, I nodded softly tell her that it was alright. She looked at me shaking my head continuously whispering to herself, “What have I done? My cousin, mybabyHe’s innocent he has never done anything wrong in his life. Why, why did I do this to him?” apparently she was taking to long because Malfoy slapped her face before pushing her out of the way.

“Obviously you are unable to handle this you silly women. Fine then I’ll do it!” pulling my head back once again, he filled my mouth with the poison. I kept my eyes on Narcissa the whole time. She was cradling her cheek and watching me with scared eyes.

I closed my eyes and tried to send her a message,Cissy, it’s alright. Everything is fine. Listen I know this is hard but I need you to go to Dumbledore. Please Cissy, I know we haven’t been the closest of cousins but if you want to make amends please go to Dumbledore and tell him what happened.

Narcissa’s shocked face told me she got the message. She nodded her head slightly indicating that she understood. Malfoy seemed finished with me and kicked my face one last time. He grabbed Narcissa and drags her away from me, and towards the castle. His cronies following after without even a glance back.

I laid there for god knows how long, hoping that Narcissa was able to escape Malfoy and notify Dumbledore. As if to answer, my unasked question Fawkes came flying through the forest stopping in front of me. “Faw, what are you doing here? Did Dumbles get my message?” I asked weakly trying to move into a sitting position.

Fawkes, nodded it’s scarlet head and allowed tears to fall from his eyes. Unfortunately, this had no affect on internal wounds, or in this case deadly internal wounds. I shook my head and pushed on him weakly- I was losing strength fast, that was never a good sign. “Fawkes I need you to tell Dumbledore that I am unable to move, that I had swallowed liquid silver and it’s eating me from the inside out. I need you to get that message to him Fawkes.”

Fawkes took off like a bolt of lightning towards the castle. I closed my eyes, allowing myself to fall to the ground weakly. “Hurry.” I whispered allowing the darkness to consume me.



An- hey guys sorry for the sucky chapter and the wait, I've been busy. Has anyone read Breaking Dawn by stephenie Meyer? anyway thats what I've been doing. Also if you completely ignored my memo at the begining (and you know most of you did don't lie) I'll sau it once more"if you haven't done so already (meaning within the last five days) read the NEW chapter 7, you must read that before reading this one. The new chapter 7 is the one without Azzerraya Seri and ends with 'Remus is dead'. I wouldn't usually push the issue but I had problems posting it, it took three hours to write and it's an important part of the story.
oh and I started a new story calledCaught In Between - Le meilleur des deux mondes .You should read it if you have time. it's a crossover between Hp and twilight.
Well thats all, Sayonara and may thanks,
Jp-chan