Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Magus ❯ Canadians ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter or Percy Jackson. Both belong to their respective owners (warner bros/J.K. Rowling and Rick Riordan, respectively)
 
Warning: This is an attempt by a 22 year old woman to write from the mind of an 18 year old boy... and a 16 year old. Not sure how this will work but we'll see. Also, will be AU after Battle of the Labyrinth and in that Nico is older, closer to Percy's age (I wouldn't be able to write an 18 year old with a 14 year old, sorry).
 
Pairings: Harry/?, Percy/Nico
 
Summary: Percy more than survived the Last Battle: he thrived. What happens when a boy that shouldn't be there brings another War? And who is he? And why is Percy so blessed?
 
 
After everything that's happened to me, you'd think that nothing could surprise me. Well, I thought so, too; for about 5 minutes. Now, I've never been the best student (dyslexia and ADHD do not a scholar make), but after the Battle of the Labyrinth (again, the name was not my idea, but what can I do?) I started looking around. Really seeing, not just letting my eyes take everything at face value. I started reading (there's this awesome publisher on Olympus that can translate anything into Ancient Greek; great for High School), and learning.
 
I'm 18 now, and I finally learned to manipulate the Mist well enough that whenever a monster finds me (and really, why is it always ME?) I can explain whtever damage (which is usually a lot) and sometimes keep the monsters from finding me in the first place (not that that works often).
 
The Camp is still around and doing well. I usually drop by for a couple weeks throughout the year, but I don't stay for the full summer session. If there's a quest for me, I'll find out whether I'm there or not. And it's not like I have a cabin full of kids to counsel, anyway. Tyson's moved into the Forges with Briares, and Dad hasn't had any kids that I know of, or if he has, they haven't come to the camp.
 
So it came as a complete surprise to see a kid that looked like my Sophomore picture running from a giant. The giant was like nothing I've ever seen, too big by far, and much more ugly. The kid was doing pretty well at evading it, but the monster was slowly gaining. Normally, I would stay out of another demi-god's business, but this kid looked desperate, and scared, and I felt something in me rise to combat that familiar feeling that I'd only just grown out of. I pulled out Riptide and uncapped it, slicing at the giant quickly, getting it good in the midsection. But the blade just passed through. I quickly rolled away, wishing that I had kept backbiter, or that I had something other than a celestial bronze blade, because this thing was obviously mortal, whatever it was.
 
I felt a tug in my midsection, and looked around, spotting a water fountain in the nearby park. Focussing, I Pulled, dragging the water from the fountain, destroying it in the process. I brought the full force of the water to bear on the creature, which bellowed in rage, more from getting a bath than actually being hurt, I figured, because it just began to bull through. I could feel more water, but if I let go of my concentration for just one second... Suddenly, the giant thing stumbled back as though burned, roaring something in a different language as burns appeared on it's arms and exposed chest.
 
The kid was standing now, a look of determination replacing the fear from before, holding a thin stick in his right hand, spitting words in Latin. With every word, the monster backed up more, and I could feel POWER rolling off the boy in waves, bolstering my own strength. I frose the water into icy needles, each as big around as my fist, and sent them straight at the thing's heart. It finally toppled with a final pained goan, and I released the water, panting as I finally realized just how tired I was. That was the hardest fight I'd had since the Last Battle, and that had been torture - literally.
 
The boy (I had to get a name, I was starting to feel old) sat down next to me, tucking the piece of wood carefully up the sleeve of his hoodie, breathing just as heavily. The power that had been bleeding off of him slowed to a trickle and stopped, and I could breathe again. Looking at him, my initial description was a bit off. He had messy hair and green eyes, yes, but the similarities mostly ended there. His hair was dark, dark red, black in certain lights, others shining on strands of copper, and his features were elfin, narrow. His eyes were just like mine though, with the silver flecks near the pupils, and a darker ring around the iris.
 
“Thanks, mate,” the kid said, once he could talk again. “Wonder why your sword didn't work?”
 
“Celestial bronze; doesn't work on mortals. What in Hades was that thing?” The kid blinked like he was startled, and took a closer look at me. I let him, consciously willing the Mist NOT to make me forgettable.
 
“What are you?” he finally asked, the English accent coming through sharper as his eye narrowed beihind their wire framed glasses.
 
“Not a what. A who. Percy Jackson, at your service.” I didn't hold out my hand, because now that power was roiling again.
 
“Harry P-Evans. I just got here from England. I didn't know the Giants lived in North America.”
 
“Around here we call them Canadians.” The joke fell completely flat, and I sighed. Well, at least we were close to Camp. This kid had to be a demi-god. Maybe Hecate's kid or something. “Look, I'm a demi-god; Son of Poseidon. I think you're one, too. There's this place we can go that will see if you're one, too.”
 
“A demi-god? I'm a wizard, not a Godling. Godlings are only born in the States,” the kid said philosophically. It was my turn to blink and rasie an eyebrow. I'd been a demi-god for my whole life, trained since age 12, learned from the experts, and even I hadn't heard that before. I pulled out a drachma and made the water arc so that a rainbow would appear, and tossed it in.
 
“Annabeth Chase, San Fransisco,” I said, and soon enough I saw Annabeth, sitting at her kitchen table, showing her little sister something.
 
“Percy!” she said happily. “How's Nico?”
 
“He's, um... he's with his dad. He'll be at the Camp next week. Hey, you're smart, do you know if demis are only born in the States now?”
 
“Well, usuallt Norht America, but for the more far-reaching Gods, it's possible to have a kid as far as Germany, why?”
 
“I've got a 16 year old Potential who insists that 'Godlings' are only born in the Sates.”
 
“Remus said so,” Harry stated, looking at the message with interest, moving into the frame. “Hello, I'm Harry.”
 
“Annabeth,” she returned, beore looking at me and quirking an eyebrow. Her look said plainly,'He could be your little brother!'
 
“I'm taking him to Camp now, and we'll see what happens.”
 
“I'm gonna fly out there on Monday,” she said, fiddling with something out of sight. “I could come earlier?”
 
“Nah, Thalia is there right now, resting from a Hunt, so it should be cool. Plus, Grover's there. Nothing's -”
 
“Don't say another word on that train, Percy! You know Murphy hates you!”
 
“True. Okay, See you Monday night. You gonna be a counselor again?”
 
“Maybe. Mary is coming up strong though, so maybe not. Love you, Percy! I gotta go, or Lyla will break my model.”
 
“Okay, love you too, Annabeth.” I let the water fall to the ground and ended the message, looking over at Harry. “So you're a wizard?”
 
“I use a wand to persform magic, though I can do wandless, too.”
 
“Probably Hecate's or Selene's then.” I stood up and called for Blackjack in my mind. The Pegasus would be able to carry both of us easily, especially since we were just going to Camp. The black Pegasus landed adroitly, wirnkling his nose at the dead giant.
 
You called, boss?
 
“I told you not to call me boss. We need to go to Camp.”
 
Gotcha. Well, what are you waiting for?
 
Harry swung up on the horse easily, and I hopped up behind him, wondering what would happen once we reached Camp. What information would Chiron have? And who was this kid's Parent?
 
A/N: I know Harry seems very accepting of all of this, but you'll find out why soon. Please read and review!