Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Power of the Mage: Blast to the Past ❯ Irrisa Potter ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Hey people. I'm back. Sorry I haven't updated my other stories. I am debating whether or not to delete them. I just haven't got any inspiration for them yah know? For now I'll leave them. I am trying out a new story. This time it's a different anime/book instead of just a different plot. Hope it goes ok. I hope to finish this one. Anyways. Here's my new story, hope it makes sense.
 
Power of the Mage: Blast to the Past
 
Irrisa Potter
 
“ Shut that damn thing up!”
 
Any normal parent would be ecstatic to have a baby girl, but James Potter was not a normal parent. For one thing, he was a wizard. For another, it was a disgrace in the wizarding world for a proper pureblood family to give birth to a female. It was even worse when the female is the first born. The Potter family was the highest proper, and influential pureblood family in the wizarding world, and his first born was a girl, what a disaster.
 
“Lily, if you don't shut that damn thing up I will take it out to the lake and drown it!” James was furious.
 
Lilly Potter was sitting in the living room with a sniffling baby in her arms. Lily was a beautiful woman. Her vibrant red hair cascaded down her back in small curls. She was slender and elegant and her presence had a calming effect on everyone. Of course, that is because she was an empath. The most striking feature, though, was her shocking emerald eyes. Her eyes were alive and showed her emotions clearly on her face. And when she was excited or happy, they twinkled. They weren't twinkling now. Her eyes were dull and sad.
 
She was looking down at the bundle in her hands with those sad filled eyes.
~ Shh… calm down my little one. Please, I don't want anything to happen to you.~
 
The baby in her arms calmed down instantly. No body knew it, but Lily Potter was a telepath. She could talk to people in their minds. Lily brought her eyes away from the bundle to look up into her husbands furious brown eyes.
 
“You will do no such thing, James Harold Potter.” Lily's voice was hard and unyielding as she stared straight into her husbands eyes, daring him to challenge her.
 
James Potter was, normally, a very gentle person. He was six feet tall and his stance and presence demanded respect. He was easily recognizable by his unruly black hair. No matter what he did, it just wouldn't stay down. His brown eyes were alight with fury as he stared at his wife. He then turned on his heels and stomped out of the room, slamming to door behind him. Lily slumped back into her seat and turned her eyes top the now sleeping child in her arms. Her eyes glazed over as she remembered the conversation she had with her doctor and nurses the day her daughter was born.
 
~FLASHBACK~
 
“Come on Lily, push. You can do it.” James said encouraging his wife.
 
“NEVER AGAIN! THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT JAMES HAROLD POTTER!” Lily screamed at her husband while crushing his fingers.
 
“Sir, would you please leave now. I will call you back in when we are done.”
 
James reluctantly listened to the nurse. Before he left the room he gave lily a kiss on the forehead.
 
“I love you lily.”
 
Lily nodded and James left the room. The minute James left the room he was jumped on by his two best friends, Sirius Black and Remus Lupin.
 
“What happened?”
 
“Why are you out here?”
 
“Is it born yet!?!”
 
“Is something wrong?”
 
“Are you…”
 
James held up his hand.“Everything's fine, the nurse asked me to leave, no he is not born yet, and no. Nothing is wrong.”
 
As James was reassuring his friends that everything was alright, lily was busy talking to the doctors and nurses about her baby.
 
“What are you going to tell him lily?”
 
“I am going to tell him the truth. I will not hide my baby.”
 
“Lily, if James knows that his first born was…is a girl…”
 
“He will just have to live with it.”
 
“He may have to live with it but what about the world? She is a female in a highly influential family. She will be scorned and ridiculed. It will be even worse because she is the first born.”
 
Lily looked down at the sleeping bundle in her arms and replied. “We will get through this, I will make sure of it.”
 
~END FLASHBACK~
 
Lily shook her head to get rid of the memory. She looked closely at her daughter lying peacefully in her arms sleeping. She had taken to doing this when she was depressed. For the third time that day she studied every detail about her daughter. Irrisa Iris Potter, the name lily gave her, was a small baby. Her tiny hands lightly gripped lily's cloak as she peacefully slept. Even though she didn't have much hair, you could tell that she would inherit her mother's vibrant red hair. If her eyes had been open, they would have been the same striking green eyes as well. She was a carbon copy of her mother. Lily smiled and arose from her chair careful not to wake Irrisa. She went upstairs and walked down the hall to Irrisa's room. She carefully placed a sleeping Irrisa in the crib and pulled the blankets around her. She kissed her forehead and as she left the room she promised her daughter.
 
“Everything will be alright. I'll make sure of that.”
 
 
 
 
 
A/N: Hey people. That's the end of chapter 1! How was it? Review and tell me. Anyways. See ya!
 
Next Chapter: Malicious Intent