Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Take My Hand ❯ New Thing Now ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

 
Hello all; this is my lovely fanfic about Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy. I don't own Harry Potter or anything to do with him; that honor goes to Ms Rowling. I also don't own the title of the story or this chapter. The title “Take My Hand” is the name of a song by Dido on her CD “No Angel” and the name of this chapter “New Thing Now” is the name of a song by Shawn Colvin on her CD “A Few Small Repairs.” {Scary men in suits glare} Me: please don't sue me! I'm not making any money off any of this; in fact I'm doing it to get your clients more business. {Scary men seem to like this so they nod and walk away}. To the current reader: I do actually think Dido and Shawn Colvin are really good artiest but since their not mainstream then most people don't hear about them. If you get a chance {or your just bored} look them up on like Amazon.com or something {I don't own that either}. Oh yeah and... To all those who don't like guy/guy love: why are you even here? To all of those not old enough for an X rating: If you're not mature enough to read stuff like this then turn around now! Go read something in your age group and stop trying to pervert your young minds! Life will get around to that soon enough. Anyway, enough with the babbling and explaining; ON WITH THE STORY:
_________________________________________________________________ ______
 
“What is the matter with me?” Harry said quietly to himself, “She's a perfectly nice girl; she's even good looking. Why don't I feel anything towards her?” Harry shook his head slightly and flopped down on his bed. Flipping over onto his back Harry thought back over the events of a few minutes ago.
....................................
It was Saturday and Harry had been in Quidditch practice for several very long hours. Coming back to the Gryffindor common room after dinner Harry had been hoping to have a nice, quiet evening catching up on some reading but his plans were shattered within seconds of entering the common room. Sitting down in a comfy armchair that was in front of the fire Harry heaved a sigh of relief and relaxation. He had just closed his eyes when he heard a quiet voice next to him.
“Um, excuse me, you are Harry Potter right?” A timid voice asked.
Opening his eyes Harry saw that the voice belonged to a small fifth year girl; she looked quite cute really. The girl had light brown hair that curled just enough to be called ringlets and pretty brown eyes. She appeared to only be 5'3” but she was cute in her petite stature; causing her to look more like a delicate porcelain doll than anything else.
“Ah, ya, that's me. Who are you?” Harry stammered out, realizing he'd been staring.
“Oh, I'm sorry. My name's Elizabeth Tucker. I, well, I was wondering, okay hoping, that, oh gosh...” Elizabeth stuttered, “Okay. I was wondering if you had a date to the Yule Ball.”
“Oh, ah, well, no I don't actually have a date yet.” Harry didn't like where this was going. He thought Elizabeth was cute and all but he didn't feel right with the idea of saying yes. He'd had an idea forming on who he wanted to ask and Harry didn't think it would be a good idea to tell Elizabeth yes just to save himself the embarrassment he'd had last time Harry had tried to ask someone out. Harry didn't want to hurt the girls feeling though. Coming back to the topic at hand though, Harry heard Elizabeth ask what he thought she'd been going to say.
“Well if you don't have a date, and neither do I, would you like to go to the Yule Ball with me?” Elizabeth asked, her voice gaining courage the more she talked.
“Elizabeth, you seem like a very nice girl and you're quite cute,” she blushed slightly at this, “but I already have plains to ask someone else. Sorry.”
Her eyes got wide as Harry watched them glisten and threaten to spill over with tears. Before they had a chance to b shed though, Elizabeth was rushing off with a mumbled response that sounded like she'd said it was ok, don't worry about it. Shaking his head to clear away the memory Harry still felt like a heel, he didn't really have an idea of who to ask. All Harry had was a vague dream but it wasn't anything Harry thought was going to ever come true. Sighing tiredly Harry decided to try and get some sleep. At least he wouldn't have to explain to Ron or Hermione what had happened; they were in the library studying. Humph, if Ron has grown any brains in the romantic department then studying may not be all their doing, Harry thought to himself. After changing into his nightclothes Harry pulled the curtains closed around his bed and tried to go to sleep.
A couple hours later Harry was still tossing and turning as he tried to sleep. He finally gave up trying and, resigning himself to the fact that he wasn't going to get any sleep tonight, decided to go for a stroll about the castle. After slipping on his invisibility cloak Harry walked as quietly as possible through the common room. After Harry had managed to slip through the portrait hole unnoticed he crossed fingers in the hopes that this simple measure would render him lucky enough to keep from being caught.
Since Harry didn't really have any plan of where he wanted to go Harry decided to just roam around. After Harry had been wandering around for awhile he found himself staring the large castle doors that led to the Hogwarts grounds. Realizing he had managed to slip through several floors without being detected Harry decided to further test his luck and go outside. Winching at the slight creeks the large, un-oiled door make, Harry slowly created an opening and slipped through it. Closing the door behind him, Harry sighed in relief when it made less noise than when he'd opened it. Turning around through Harry realized that, once more, he didn't know where he wanted to go. As Harry stood looking about the grounds a slight wind blew past him. The wind itself was cold but on it Harry thought he heard a slight noise. Straining to hear it Harry was rewarded with another cold wind but this one brought the same noise and now Harry was able to hear that it was someone crying.
Feeling as if he were being pulled along by some invisible hand Harry couldn't help but follow because now that he knew someone was crying he was a bit curious as to whom it was. As Harry walked he tried to listen for the noise again but by some trick of nature the sound had disappeared. Soon Harry was looking at the lake and he knew he had reached his destination because he could see someone huddled up near the shore. Venturing a few steps closer Harry wondered what he should do but then, as if fate made up his mind for him, Harry felt himself walking the remaining distance towards the figure. Harry soon gave up trying to stop himself, it wasn't possible but Harry's ever growing curiosity wasn't helping either, and tried to be prepared for anything.
Harry was soon close enough to see that the figure had almost shoulder length white-blond hair and what looked to be green pajamas on. Shaking his head Harry tried to push away the wild possibility that one of his many dreams might come there. Within moments of thinking this though Harry was amazed to see his intuition proven right. The figure had finally heard Harry's footsteps and, turning to find out who he was going to have to threaten, was amazed to see no one there.
“Alright, I don't know what bleeding funny business you're trying to pull here but I know your bloody well here some where! And don't think that I'm going to be spooked or anything just because I can't see you; you've got to come out of hiding at some point!” The boy said loudly, trying to cover up the fact that he was scared and ashamed of being caught crying.
Harry was shocked but he felt he owed the other boy an explanation so he took his invisibility cloak off and slightingly hoped that this was truly fate intervening to make one of his dreams true. The other boy gasped quietly he saw Harry appear out of thin air but he too felt as if fate had finally tipped in his favor. For a minute the two boys just stood there, staring at each other till Harry finally cleared his throat and began to speak.
“Um, hi Malfoy. You're probably wondering why I'm out her.” A wide eyed Draco Malfoy nodded. “Well, ya see, I couldn't sleep so I went walking around and when I came out here I heard someone crying so I followed the sound and I ended up here, bugging you. And now your probably going to kill or something so I think I'll be going before you come out of your stat of shock you seem to be in.” With these last words Harry started to back away but then the sound of Draco's voice stopped him.
“No, please, wait Harry. I.... I... think we need to talk... I need to tell you something.” The normally cold-hearted, arrogant, selfish blond said, keeping his eyes lowered as if he were a dog fearful of being hit.
Harry had been puzzled about his own fear filled response but Draco's just plain confounded him. The raven haired boy dared to hope that he had a chance; perhaps this dream wouldn't be another dead end. Opening his mouth to speak Harry was silenced by Draco swiftly closing the distance between them and placing his index finger gently upon Harry's slightly parted lips.
The two boys were only a few feet apart now and from this distance Harry could see that Draco was paler than normal and his eyes were puffy from crying. Gazing into those blue eyes though Harry was almost overcome by the amount and intensity of emotions he saw there; the most prominent being a deep sense of pain and a powerful longing. All Harry wanted to do was to take Draco into his arms and some how, some way, make those feeling disappear never to return. Harry didn't even realize he'd moved in till he saw Draco back up a step. Reaching out, Harry took Draco's lowered hand and gently brought it to his lips. Just touching the fair haired boy sent shivers of electricity through Harry but when his lips connected with Draco's tinder flesh the green eyed youth was overcome with the memories of passionate dreams he'd thought till this point would never become real.
Eventually returning his gaze to Draco's, Harry saw that his experience was not a solitary one for Draco had his eyes almost closed in his own remembrance of sweet dreams. Hoping he wasn't throwing away the precious chance fate had given him, Harry closed the distance that had been long created. Looking down into those now opened eyes Harry was startled by how beautiful the blue orbs of his once enemy were. Before either of the boys could properly think about it Harry had leaned in the rest of the way and kissed Draco.
Perhaps it was because it was their first, or like most wonderful things, it was because they'd had to wait and long for it, that made this kiss the sweetest and truest that either boy had ever received. The kiss seemed to be able to stretch into infinity but soon they had to break it from a lack of air. As he regained his breath Draco leaned his forehead against Harry's. Harry smiled and slipped his arms around Draco's waist, content now that he was finally able to hold the boy that he cared for so much.
Draco too, was happy beyond measure but he had spent all of his life around people that traded such frivolous emotions as love for more money then they could spend or more power then they could use. These experiences kept Draco from completely letting down the façade he had so carefully maintained so, in an attempt to protect his most treasured emotion Draco pushed out of Harry's warm embrace. He was left cold and severing in the winter wind but once again Draco felt secure and protected.
Whatever warmth these things might have brought the pale youth were destroyed once he looked back into the eyes of his new dark haired friend. Harry's eyes were the ones filled with pain and longing now; so much so that Draco almost reentered Harry's embrace, if only to make those emotions disappear from his eyes.
Suddenly Draco was reminded, by the chirping of morning birds, night was almost through. Realizing that if they were caught so far outside the castle at such an early hour Draco thought quickly of what to do. Taking Harry by the hand Draco whispered one word, “run,” before pulling him along. Harry started to run because he didn't have any choice but it was soon apparent by the gathering light in the sky, why Draco was in such a hurry.
Once they'd reached the castle both boys looked around quickly before darting quickly through the open door. After closing it as quietly as possible, some where between the door to the dungeons and the floor to the Gryffindor common room Draco looked around for anyone who might see them before leaning forward to give Harry a quick but passionate kiss.
“For now, act as if everything's the same. I need to think and I can't do that if everyone's getting all over our cases for suddenly acting all buddy-buddy. Just let me think for awhile okay?” Draco smiled sadly at Harry, “now, tomorrow I know you've got Quidditch practice so meet me after in the Slytherin locker room. We haven't got practice till tomorrow so we shouldn't be disturbed. I'll tell you then what I've decided I need to say.” Draco whispered attempting to keep their conversation private even from the occupants of the painting around them.
All Harry could do was nod; he was too afraid to say anything in the case that he might get carried away and turn their private conversation public. Draco smiled sadly once more before rushing off to his room. After a moment Harry too, took off running for the safety of his room.
What neither of them realized as they raced back and jumped under the safety of their covers just in time, was that there had been someone watching them their whole night, and they were quiet pleased with the visions they were having of the destruction they would soon be causing.
Those little dumb shits won't even know what hit them, they'll be too busy discussing why or why not they can or can't be together. This is going to be more fun then that little witch hunt I incited. Oh fuck, what was the name of that damn little town? Oh yeah.... Salem.
 
_________________________________________________________________ _______
 
After talk:
Well, this is chapter one of my story. I hope ya'll like it. I've been thinking about doing something with Harry Potter but I couldn't figure out what then, a while ago, I read a fanfic on here that put Harry and Draco together. I loved it and I'm a big fan of yaoi {boy/boy love} so I figured I'd try my hand at it. This is the result of that. I will try to type the chapters as fast as I'm writing them in my notebook but ya'll may just have to wait sometimes because schools starting again in two days which means I'm going to be swamped with homework {I think} but I will try my very hardest; I'm apologizing in advance. Please send good reviews, all flames will be used to burn last years school work.