Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Food Basket ❯ Harry's New Obsession ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: We forgot the disclaimer in the first chapter so here it is now, and it goes for the first chapter, this chapter and all subsequent chapters.
Disclaimer: We do not own anything to do with Harry Potter or anything/anyone else mentioned in this fic.
 
Chapter Two:
Harry's new Obsession.
SCHREEK...
The great hall was practically empty when Ron came down for lunch. He sat down next to Hermione who, had buried herself in a large book for a little `light reading'.
Harry burst into the entrance hall, wide eyed, soaked to the skin and splattered in mud. He strode over in a flurry of panic and sat himself between Ron and Hermione with a rather loud squelch.
“Ruddy hell, what happened to you?!” Ron proclaimed. Harry shot him a death-glare- indicating that Ron should not talk for at least a century. Oblivious to this exchange of pleasantries, Hermione piped up;
“So how's your...problem going Harry?”
“Chick, chick, chick, chick, chicken, lay a little egg for meee-ow!”
THWACK! Harry passed the large book back to Hermione. As Ron rubbed the back of his head, he placed the piece of chicken he had been playing with back onto his plate.
“Harry! Really, that is no way to treat such a rare book!” Ron glowed red as he mumbled into his plate of roast chicken;
“Wasn't even talking about Harry...likes her books more than mrphffl...”
“So how was it then Harry?” Hermione asked.
“I'm scarred for life! On my god! What am I guna do?! Why can I never be normal?! Argh, I'm scarred for life! Ooo chicken!” Harry gesticulated wildly before grabbing the plate of chicken near to Ron with a squeal of delight.
“Isn't that, like, cannibalism?” Hermione responded curiously, tapping her finger to her lips.
“God damn it!” Harry slammed his fists on the table, accidentally hitting Ron without noticing.
“Now I can't even eat poultry anymore! Why does everything always happen to me?!”
“What is it? Pick on Ron day?!” the red head asked grumpily. Harry shot him another glare, when he stuffed more chicken in his mouth.
“Mhat `id fi `o mfow?”
“Urgh, Ron, don't talk with your mouth full! Didn't your mother teach you any manners?”
“'ey! Leave off my mother, O.K?!” Ron tried to gather authority in his voice- failed- and carried on eating, avoiding Hermione's scowl.
“psst, it's pick on Ron day, pass it on!” the murmur carried down the table, much to Ron's annoyance and embarrassment.
BANG! CRASH! THWACK! BANG!
The noise echoed throughout the hall as plate upon plate, full of food clattered to the floor behind the trio. Harry turned to see what the commotion was, finding that it had come from the Slytherin table he peered closer at the wriggling mass of bodies trying to save their meals. Drawing his wand as he spotted Draco Malfoy making an abrupt exit as quietly and inconspicuously as he could. Harry sprang (BIONG!) to his feet, rushing towards the double doors in pursuit of the fleeing figure.
(SQUELCH! SMACK! SQUOOSH! SQUELCH!)
“Argh...Dobby?!” he cried out in surprise. Harry had just screeched to a halt attempting to avoid the small house elf. However, he could not stop his momentum, and ended up colliding with the elf's small frame and sending both of them flying, ending up in a heap on the floor of the entrance hall, nearly knocking over the house's cups of points. Slightly out of breath, and a little worse for wear Dobby straightened himself up, brushed himself down and reached for Harry's hand to pull him to his feet. Harry accepted the offer of help and placed his glasses back on; Reparo...he could see again! Slightly apprehensively the elf stuttered;
“Ah...Harry Potter sir...I is wanting a...err...word with you, err, sir.”He finished lamely.
“Sorry Dobby, now? I can't. I've um, got to go somewhere.”Harry replied in a rush, staring down the hallway, where he had seen Draco Malfoy escape down. (No doubt going down to the dungeons, to the Slytherin common room.) Harry made an involuntary movement, to follow his prey, but Dobby wasn't going to back down that easily.
“Err, no sis, Harry...sir. It can't wait.”
“But Dobby...not now-ow!” Harry's leg had been wrenched out from underneath him, he spun around trying to regain his balance and fell. Fell upwards. Upwards? He thought slightly confused. Harry Potter in all his glory was hanging upside-down by his ankle, red in the face and furious with the small, overly dressed elf, in the middle of the entrance hall. His wand clattered to the floor from his hand as this turn of events had taken him completely by surprise- he was now at Dobby's mercy. The elf was shaking uncontrollably, hating himself for doing this to his friend, he hadn't listened, but Dobby had to punish himself anyway.
“Harry Potter sir, I, um, err, I...”
“Dobby! Let me down, I get the message; we'll talk, just let me the hell down!!!” Harry puffed his face bright red and feeling kinda dizzy.
KAFLUMP!
“Thank you...” Harry spoke weakly, and attempted to stumble to his feet. Dobby shifted his weight from foot to foot, staring at the floor.
“Umm, errrrm, hmmm, um ...err...”
“Dobby, please! Just spit it out!”
“...you...you....you....errr...you...um...you...can't do it! I won't let you!” Dobby became bolder as he continued, “You can't cut off your wings!” Harry was speechless, he opened his mouth but nothing came out, so he tried again.
“What the hell gave you the idea I was going to...going to...do that!!!” Harry yelled. He was so loud that the whole of Hogwarts could've heard him. A crowd started to form as people began to drift out of the great hall.
“Look what's happened now! No one is supposed to know! I hate you! Don't ever talk to me again!” Harry screeched, and ran away as fast as he could down the nearest corridor. Fortunately, it was the same way Draco had used to escape.
 
* * * * * * * * * * * *
 
Harry was back in the Gryffindor common room, sitting in an armchair by the fire. Ron, Ginny, Neville and Hermione sat in chairs around him.
“I told you, he's up to something. There's something going on with Draco Malfoy! Why won't you listen to me!”
“Harry, we told you already, it's not that we're not listening, we just don't believe you. He probably got caught up in the whole food falling off the table and got covered in it. Ran off coz he wanted to change his robes. You know how he is, too proud to be seen covered in food.” Hermione reasoned, not this AGAIN.
“No I'm sure, there's something up with this! I'm serious!”
“Harry your obsessed, something always has to be wrong with Draco according to you, just drop it...”
The conversation of Draco's motives continued long into the night, until the huddle of friends could barely focus due to lack of sleep. Finally they left for bed, albeit reluctantly in Harry's case, he was in for another restless night.