Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Till Death Do Us Part ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Till Death Do Us Part
A Harry Potter One-Shot
~Sadly, I don't own Harry Potter. If I did, Lucius Malfoy would be MINE.~
 
Rhianna cupped Lucius's face in her hands, kissing him for the last time as dust and debris fell down around them. The Ministry of Magic was in ruins, its once-grand halls now in shambles and wreckage. “I'm sorry, Lucius,” she whispered, her voice cracking. Lucius kissed her back, then stroked her face with a hand, his fingers lingering on her lips.
 
“It's not your fault,” he answered weakly. “I'm just glad...I saved you from that bastard Avery.” His voice trailed off, his strength failing, before he took a shuddering breath and grasped her hand tightly. He lifted his head from her lap and sat up slowly, painfully, at last accepting the help that Rhianna had been longing to give him. “Come here, Rhianna,” he whispered weakly, looking at her through eyes filled with longing. She knelt next to him, and he gathered her into his arms, his each breath painfully ragged and echoing in Rhianna's ears. “I need to tell you...everything, I suppose.” Lucius paused and struggled for breath, the blood from the gaping wound in his back soaking through his black Death Eater's robes. “Voldemort...has been using us both, dearest. When he found out that we loved each other...he threatened to tell Narcissa if I didn't go along with everything he wanted me to.” Lucius paused for breath again, wincing as the wound in his back-caused by his last act of defiance against the Dark Lord as he had shielded Rhianna from a huge pane of glass that Avery had sent flying at her-bled fiercely. “The Dark Lord wanted me to...be his slave, to replace Peter Pettigrew...He asked me to do many things, and one of them was to find you after you disappeared five years ago...” Lucius gasped in pain as the mark on both of their left arms burned, and Rhianna held him close. “Rhianna...” Lucius breathed, his pained eyes staring down into hers. He traced her cheekbone with his finger, as he had done so many times in the past-during better times, when they had both dreamed that the Dark Lord would take over the world with ease and that such divided loyalties would need never be asked from them. “I'm so sorry, dearest...I just hope...you can find it in your heart to forgive me...”
 
A sob choked Rhianna's throat as she reached up to touch Lucius's lips with her fingers. He smiled down at her one last time, leaned his head down to rest on her shoulder, and exhaled slowly, his eyelids fluttering closed once more-to stay closed forever as unforgiving tears fell from Rhianna's eyes and sobs racked her body.
 
Before, Lucius Malfoy would have been there to comfort her. Now, Lucius Malfoy was why she needed it.