Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Too Smart For Him ❯ In The Library ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
All thoughts of homework were driven out of my mind at the sight of Draco, his pale skin shone like the moon against the darkly lit surroundings of the library; his hair was smooth, with not a strand out of place as he casually reached for a book sitting on the nearest shelf. I recognised it as a very dusty, old copy of Dreadful Denizens of the Deeps, surely he wouldn’t want to read that? His grey, cold eyes seemed to enchant me with every move as they flitted coolly across the page. Quickly, his eyes stirred in my direction, my cheeks flushed red and the hair on the back of my neck stood on end, my eyes averted quite suddenly back to my parchment as I heard his footsteps approach. I pretended to busy myself by reading over my draft for history of magic but I couldn’t concentrate, all I could think about was the boy, the one who walked in such a cavalier manner no matter where he went, the one who sent a chill down my spine and an explosion in my heart. The footsteps stopped and while trying to remain as completely oblivious as I could, I heard a chair scrape across the floor like a chalk across a board. Madam Pince shushed him as she seemingly emerged from a book case as if waiting for him to make trouble; she then retreated back to her desk. I risked a glance up and saw Draco glare menacingly at her as she walked away. Holding back a smirk, I quickly stared back down at my essay, positive of the redness rushing to my cheeks. Concentrating seemed impossible as all I could think about was that boy, the one who was looking straight at me from across the table.