Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ When the Spirit Breaks, When Does the Body Follow? ❯ Lovestruck: Drabbles VII-IX ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Drabble VII: Just Don’t

The next morning, he prepared a traditional English fry-up for breakfast as an apology.

He sat anxiously at the edge of the bed as she nibbled on a slice of buttered toast. “I’m very sorry, dearest,” he said, bowing his head. “You caught me off-guard, is all. I’m not the best at handling surprises. If I’d known you performed magic tricks, I would’ve reacted differently. Will you forgive me?”

“Yes. Just don’t do it again,” she told him jokingly.

A shadow crossed his face, and it was so severe that her stomach clenched. He then smiled gamely, but she wondered.

 

Drabble VIII: Pretending Otherwise

Their time together felt like mere minutes had passed. She’d never felt this way for any of her previous love interests. What she had with him was special, and he echoed the sentiment.

Sure, he held her a bit tightly when they were around other men, but he was proud for everyone to know she was his! It did bother her that he flirted with other women; however, he’d give her a buss and a light pinch on the arm, and things were fine.

Even when Eileen saw the past and present collide, she had a knack for pretending otherwise.

 

Drabble IX: Playboy

She ignored all the warning signs. Her girlfriends didn’t, though.

“Virgie, please rethink quitting work,” Agatha said urgently, holding her hands with icy fingers. “He’s a playboy, and he can be mean.

“He’s never been anything but swell to me,” Eileen snapped, trying to break out of her friend’s grip.

“He’s not,” Gertrude replied fiercely. “You think we’re blind to the marks on your arms?”

Tears sprang to her eyes. She’d never been more angry or embarrassed. “That’s from our love-play!”

“Is that what he calls it? What will it be when he does it to your face?” Mary demanded.