Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Young and Proud ❯ Yougn and Proud ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter, or the characters contained therein.
 
Summary: When they were young and proud and together.
 
Young and Proud
 
Her wild brown hair is pulled back tightly, and she lives alone in a coazy cottage in the middle of nowhere. She likes it out here. It reminds her of better times.
 
She works for the Ministry now, something she thought she could never do, when she was young and proud. Now, she has no other option, though she feels like a traitor.
 
Some days, she opens up her scrapbooks and looks at the newspaper clippings of the Boy Who Lived, only to die, and Ron, and Ginny, and Luna, and Remus, and Tonks, and Mad-Eye, and Fred, and George, and everyone else who died… leaving her all alone. On those days, she nearly always cries.
 
In front of her, she sees an empty life.
 
A life she would trade in a heartbeat for any of the old days.
 
The days when she was young and proud and loved, ready to take on the world. The days when every day, no matter how dark, had at least one ray of sun, because they were all together, alive, and fighting.
 
The days that are gone.
 
The woman called Hermione Granger is gone, and in her place stands a cold, empty shell. A woman pushing herself to live for her friends and waiting for the day when they will be together again.
 
It will be summer, and they will be sixteen again, and young and proud and free, as they have never been. And Harry would be with his parents and Ginny, and Ron would be there waiting for her.
 
The tired woman looked back that the world through defeated eyes and waited.