Hellsing Fan Fiction ❯ Contesting Results ❯ Heresies ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Neither of the characters belong to us but to Bram Stoker and Kouta Hirano. Except one original owned by his creator.

Authors' Notes: This collective of ficlets and drabbles was done in celebration for the 50th review in the livejournal community, hellsingreviews. Each author chose two characters for a fic with their interaction, romantic or no, between two Hellsing characters (some couldn't help but add more, but the main spirit remained) or one Hellsing character and another original, historical, fictional. Any genre (there's tragedy, drama, humor, kinky ones, spiritual ones, action, etc. Depends of the take of each writer), from G to R rating and any setting (anime or manga). The writers will appreciate constructive comments addressing to each piece. Happy reading!




Author: Anna Belmont

Pairing/Interaction: Enrico Maxwell and Antony (Enrico's cousin).

----

Heresies

"Pelegius," Enrico said. "Sixth century."

Antony shook his head. "Fifth."

"Fuck." He downed the shot. "I always miss that one."

"Which is why I always use it. The Panarion."

"Lists seventy-seven. Or eighty, depending on how you count."

Antony nodded.

"Uh - the five Solas."

"All five? You're trying to kill me."

"No, I'm trying to get you really, really drunk, so I can talk you into doing something that you'd otherwise never agree to."

"Is that what this is about? Don't tell me you want me to go deal with the Hellsing woman for you again."

"Because, you know, it worked so well when I went by myself last time."

"I told you not to bring Anderson with you. He has all the charm of a fried newt."

"So, if I win, you go to England. Five solas."

"Scriptura, Christus, Fide, Gratia, and… um. Fuck."

"Fuck is not one of the solas."

He swore, drank, and then said, "Deo Gloria. You know, you could just ask me to go to England. You don't have to indulge in the Heretical Drinking Game, at which you always lose, to try and coerce me into going."

"I don't always lose. I won last Christmas."

"Because I was already drunk when we started. And Heinkel was helping you. Not exactly fair."

"It was a team effort. You had a teammate, too."

"Yes, because Yumiko's up on all the heresies. She's a field agent for a reason."

"Heinkel is also a field agent. Try again."

"So when I whip you at this game, which I will, because I always do, Christmas notwithstanding, what do I get?"

"You get to take a trip to England and spend a few days with a beautiful woman?"

"Very funny."

"Well, she is, you've said so yourself."

"Yes. She is. Beautiful as a stained-glass window, and about as warm and welcoming."

"So you'll do it?"

"I hate you." He poured another shot and contemplated it.

"So you've said."

"Yes. I'll do it." He drank.