Hellsing Fan Fiction ❯ Contesting Results ❯ Meditations ( Chapter 23 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author: shadeshark.

Pairing/Interaction: Integral Hellsing and Seras Victoria.

----

Meditations

Sir Integra worked silently, listening to the scratching sound of Seras' pen.

There was a fifteen-minute interlude in her schedule, before she composed letters to the Round Table and the Queen and took a walk in the garden. She had opted to spend the time reading through the most recent field reports.

Seras was there filling out her part in the effort.

Actually, Seras was there to be Integra's Alucard detector. Integra had rapidly picked up on the new vampire's body language.

And from Seras' innocent flirtation, Alucard was present.

The only question was, where?

Somewhere near the ceiling. Seras was using the most basic type of flirtation, the sort that never worked if the girl was aware of the boy's scrutiny. She was leaning her head back, gaze angled down to stare at the document, showing off her face and the curve of her neck. Sir Integra kept her gaze on her documents. She wondered which of them Alucard watched.

Seras idly twirled a strand of hair, slowly crossing her legs, shifting in her seat to heighten the contrast of inward curve of waist and convex of hip. She held that position for a minute, writing busily.

Well. Neck and face, thighs and hips. . . next she would do something to emphasize her bust, Integra silently betted. And Alucard must be in the ceiling watching over Integra's shoulder.

Seras slowly stretched one foot out, emphasizing the curves of her calves, and slid her knee down, innocently crossing her ankles. The small slide she gave in her seat, pushing her skirt up the tiniest bit more, completely destroyed the chaste posture.

Integra laid aside her first paper. She'd never seen that one before. Then again, most of the girls she'd watched were fellow children of upper-class families, wearing long skirts.

From Seras' apparent oblivion, she was very good at unaware flirtation.

Seras curled one strand of hair around her finger. She was getting near the end of her paperwork, and would leave soon. Integra wondered to herself whether Alucard would bother to report in before his charge put together the finale.

Probably not. Alucard had the sense to appreciate good effort.

Seras put down her pen and stretched, reading over her document to be sure it was complete. She settled into her chair, shoulders back and arms down. She lay one hand over her stomach to tauten the fabric of her blouse. Integra looked up. Seras was pushing it (pun intended,) almost acknowledging her intent.

Seras glanced across, saw Integra watching her, and jumped up. "I'm finished."

Integra stifled the urge to applaud. The vampire lay her report on the edge of the desk and left the room without the slightest flourish.

Sir Integra glanced over the document, putting together Seras' startled look and trying to remember her own expression. Oh. She'd been smirking to herself.

And once the object was aware of the show, the flirtation was ruined.