Hellsing Fan Fiction ❯ Day of Destruction ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Day of Destruction

I don't own "In the End" by Linkin Park, nor do I own Hellsing. This is written from Integra's point of view, nearing the end of the episodes. Warning: Contains spoilers for the end of the series. Reviews welcome, flames mean more smores.

One thing, I don't know why

It doesn't even matter how hard you try.

Keep that in mind, I designed this rhyme

To explain in due time.

I will not be the weak link. I must prevail. Hellsing must prevail. We have survived a hundred years, and I will not let this group of radicals bring us down. I, Sir Integra Fairbrooks Wingates Hellsing will die before I see my organization destroyed.

All I know

time is a valuable thing,

watch it fly by as the pendulum swings.

Watch is count down to the end of the day.

The clock ticks life away.

It's so unreal.

Please God, give me strength. I am afraid. I don't know if I can do this. Walter and all the others say to wait, but I don't know if I can. I am still tired from my surgery. Alucard went to fight Incognito and I don't know if he can defeat him. I know that he's strong, but last time he fought him, he seemed tired, I shouldn't doubt Alucard, he has always come through for me. I know time is against us, but we have to work. I just received word that they've attacked the Tower of London and we're getting blamed! How I wish I didn't have to wait.

Didn't look out below.

Watch the time go right out the window.

Trying to hold on but didn't even know.

Wasted it all just to

watch you go.

I kept everything inside and even though I tried it all fell apart.

What it meant to me will eventually be a memory of a time when I tried

so hard.

And got so far.

But in the end

it doesn't even matter.

I had to fall,

to lose it all

but in the end

it doesn't even matter.

The Queen has deserted us. We are alone now. It doesn't help that we have a Judas in our midst. It scares me that he is a member of the round table conference. He has so much power, and they don't know he's there.

Every thing is falling apart. We only have a few people alive in the Tower of London. Ferguson is dead. He was our main person. I don't know what we are going to do. I have done everything that is in my power to do, but it may not be enough.

Walter is taking me out of the Hellsing Manor because the army is after me. They think I ordered an attack on the Tower of London while the Queen's Flag was raised. The Judas must be stopped, at all costs.

One thing I don't know why

it doesn't even matter how hard you try.

Keep that in mind, I designed this rhyme.

To remind myself how

I tried so hard.

We're now in the helicopter. Walter is flying. Then I see some army helicopters behind us. They want us to stop. I tell Walter to cut transmission. The helicopter shakes as they fire something at us. I feel the helicopter shake and then see my door blown out.

Walter is lowering me down to the ground with his wire gloves. The wire is wrapped around my blanket so is doesn't hurt me. I yell to him to stop but he doesn't. He's yelling something about Hellsing never stopping until a mission was completed.

As I hit the ground, I see the helicopter fly over a clump of trees. A sickening crash echoes throughout the night. On no, Walter!

In spite of the way you were mocking me

acting like I was part of your property.

Remembering all the times you fought with me,

I'm surprised you got so (far).

Things aren't the way they were before

You wouldn't even recognize me anymore.

Not that you knew me back then.

But it all comes back to me

in the end.

The ground under me shakes from the impact. I see the two military helicopters hover over the clearing. This is all the Round Table Conference's fault. No, it is the fault of the Judas. None of them ever trusted me because I am so young. I can't help that. Most of them mock me, pretending I'm still a child. I have news for them; I've changed over these past ten years. Not that they'd realize it. Damn them. Hellsing will fall because of their ignorance. Let them burn in hell.

You kept everything inside and even though I tried it all fell apart.

What it meant to me will eventually be a memory of a time when I

I tried so hard

and got so far

but in the end

it doesn't even matter.

I had to fall

to lose it all.

But in the end

it doesn't even matter.

I awoke in on a hard floor. Incognito is staring down at me. I see Alucard's corpse in the corner. He thinks he's beaten us. He can never beat us.

"Unleash all level restrictions!" I yell to the monster.

I see his body begin to become a liquid. Incognito thinks were done. I'll show him how wrong he is. The figure of my loyal servant rises again. This time, there is no holding back. Hellsing shall have its revenge, even if it means I have to go to hell with it.

I've put my trust in you.

Pushed as far as I can go

and for all this

there's only one thing you should know.

I tried so hard

and got so far

but in the end

it doesn't even matter.

I had to fall

to lose it all

but in the end

it doesn't even matter.

I sit now in a cold jail cell. We've been shunned by both Queen and country. Judas has been tried and punished. Alucard stands in my cell with me. Together, we shall show the Queen what we have sacrificed for her and our country.

In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen.

Author's Note: Yeah, I've always wanted to do a songfic. It was fun. I might do another..... Please review; it will make me happy, especially if you have any ideas.