Hellsing Fan Fiction ❯ Old and New ❯ Chapter 10 - Mission ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Hellsing.

Old and New

Chapter 10 - Mission

Integra glared. It was a cold, hard glare. It made most freeze instantly. People felt less sure of themselves under that glare.

Enrico Maxwell however, was unfazed. He smiled at her, the kind of smile he wants to turn into a snarl.

"No." Integra said.

Enricos' look darkened. "Look, you have the information, we have the address. I didn't come all the way here to beg you."

"I have no way of verifying that what you say is true. You could be leading my men into a trap."

His smiled turned into a snarl. "And while you sit here deliberating, they are making more and more monsters to flood the countryside with!" He banged a fist on her desk. Then he composed himself. "We have the same objective in this: The destruction of the FREAKs."

"And you suggest sending Anderson along on this mission. It will not work. Alucard and Anderson hate each other. They will not work together." He cool façade never wavered.

"Anderson does what I tell him. If you monster will follow orders, then we should have no problems."

Integra mentally gritted her teeth. `Was this fool serious? Does he really think those two will get along?'

"Give me the information." Integra said aloud. "I will send Alucard, no Anderson."

"Are you sure he can do this alone?" Enrico asked.

Integra smiled. "You do not know my `monster'."

***

Alucard, Seras, Pip, and Walter were gathered in Integra's office. "We have a new mission." Integra slid a thick manila envelope to Alucard. "We have received information of an old Millenium research center that is still running." Alucard opened the envelope. It contained blueprints and a few files. "We doubt that even Millenium knows it is still running, but the man in charge there is still making FREAKs." Alucard pulled out a picture of a man, obviously a scientist. He wore glasses and a white coat. His hair was brown and his eyes were blue. An average person really, but there was something sinister about him.

"And your order?" Alucard asked.

"Destroy. If that place is still running, I want it all destroyed."

Alucard smiled.

"Maxwell wanted to send Anderson with you."

Alucard's smile grew very wide. "And what did you say?"

"I told him it was foolish and would jeopardize the mission." She sighed. "He insisted that a representative of the Vatican be there. So we reached a compromise." She paused. "Anderson will be there, but you will not be working together. There are three points of access into the research building. You will take one, Anderson will take one, and Pip and Seras will take the last. Now, you are not expected to work together, but if you must destroy yourselves, then do so after the mission. Understood?"

"Yes, my master."

***

According to the reports and the information the Vatican had given them, the research center was under an office building in London. There were three points of access to the abandoned underground levels. One was the parking garage. Anderson would take that. One was the back entrance. That would be Alucard's. The last was through the front doors and down the service elevator. That would be Pip and Seras entrance.

The reports showed that extra security measures had been taken recently in the supposedly abandoned area. The people in the office building know nothing of this. The new security includes two doors at the back entrance and the parking garage entrance. The doors had alarms that could only be bypassed from a switchbox underground. Pip and Seras would make their way to that switchbox and deactivate the alarms, allowing Alucard and Anderson access into the research center.

It was imperative that no one knows they are there until it was too late.

***

A battered blue van bearing: "SETH'S HEATING AND COOLING" on the side pulled up in front of 238 Frost Ave. It was a tall building, mostly taken up by offices. Men and women in suits carrying briefcases and talking into cellphones entered and exited all day. Today had been a day like any other.

And no one knew what this night would be like.

A man and a woman in blue jumpsuits and caps exited the van. The man went around the back opened both doors. He pulled out to large cases and handed one to his partner. Then they headed toward the building.

The man seemed to be having a little trouble carrying his case; the woman carried her without any such trouble.

***

Paul was a night security guard. He sat behind the front desk. But nothing ever happened here at night, so he had grown fat and lazy. It was a good job, good money for sitting around and watching television behind his desk.

The building was still active, even though it was night. Those people in those offices never seemed to know when to sleep.

A man and a woman entered the building. Paul frowned; he hated things that disrupted his routine. The girl was cute though. He liked redheads.

They both stepped up to his desk. The man handed him a pink slip of paper. "Here to check the heater." He said.

Paul's frown deepened as he took the paper. He didn't remember anything about the heater broken. "Gonna have to call this in." He muttered, reaching for the phone.

The woman reached her hand out and placed it over his own, just before he touched the phone. "Don't worry, you shouldn't have to bother with that." She said to him, her voice was sweet. Her eyes were red, must be contacts, but he found them alluring anyway.

"Yeah." He said. "Go on."

"Thank you." She said, smiling at him. They moved on. Paul sat there slightly dazed for a bit, then he turned back to his television.

***

"What did you do back there?" Pip asked as he pushed the button to call the service elevator. "Was that magic like Alucard can do?"

"Unfortunately, I don't have that skill." She smiled. "But I do have something that Master does not." She folded her hands behind her and arched her back a little.

"Ah." Pip said as the elevator arrived.

Once they had entered, they stripped off their jumpsuits, revealing their regular clothes underneath. As Pip was stuffing his jumpsuit into his case he looked at Seras from the corner of his eye. She was straightening her skirt where it had ridden up too high. He quickly looked away again, embarrassed.

They stepped out of the elevator cautiously. According to a schedule Integra had managed to procure, no one was working down here at this time of night. But it wouldn't be unwise to be cautious.

They split up. Seras ducked under low pipes and scooted around machinery that she could not identify. She found no one. She went in the direction Pip had gone.

She found him by a large switchbox. He was muttering. The switchbox was open and Pip was looking at it then at a sheet of paper in his hand. "This looks nothing like it." He muttered around a screwdriver in his mouth. He needed a cigarette.

Seras looked over his shoulder at the diagram Rafe had drawn for him to know how to deactivate the doors. She looked at the switchbox. They were different. She looked back and forth again. Hmmm. She plucked the paper from his hand and turned it upside-down, then she placed it back in his hand.

He looked at her in surprise, then at the paper. The diagram matched now. He glared at her. She smiled nervously and backed up a step.

***

Alucard waited by the back entrance. He waited impatiently. There had been a guard back here, but he had been quickly dispatched. Now he was just waiting here.

The door was a new one. Very hi-tech, with lights and buttons he couldn't be bothered to figure out. All he knew was that he could go through when the lights went off.

***

Anderson waited by the entrance in the parking garage. He waited impatiently. There had been a camera back here, but it had been quickly dispatched. Now he just waited.

He could tell that the door was new. There was a card reader and he could spot the wire running to the alarm. He couldn't enter till the lights went off.

***

"This should be it." Pip said. He pulled a wire cutter from his tool belt and clipped a yellow wire.

"How do we know if it worked?" Seras asked.

"According to this, those two lights should go off." Pip said, looking back at the diagram.

Seras watched as the two lights winked out.

AN: yay, another chappy done! Next one coming up soon. Tell me what you thought.