Hellsing Fan Fiction ❯ Old and New ❯ Chapter 18 - Trust ( Chapter 18 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Hellsing. ::Huggles her Adrian plushie:: But HE'S all mine.

Chapter 18 - Trust

Pip, Alucard, Adrian and Seras were all seated once again in Integra's office, awaiting their breifing. Walter stood to one side, on stand by. Integra was preparing the information to give them. Pip practically glared at Adrian from across the room. He didn't like how a former Millenium agent had been taken in so easily. They didn't need him. They already had Alucard and Seras. It just didn't feel right to him, like inviting Anderson to have tea didn't feel right. He watched as Adrian smiled at Seras. He clenched his jaw tight. This definitely wasn't right.

Integra's voice broke him from his thoughts. Adrian, Pip and Seras turned their attention to their leader. Integra had consumed Alucard's attention since he had glided into the office. "This will be a full scale invasion." She stated first. Walter handed everyone a file, which included satellite photos and contour maps of the area. "The area we are attacking is an abandoned missile silo. Reports from the CSS tell us that it is no longer operational, so we need not worry about setting something off. Just in case, I advise caution. Do not use any heavy firepower." Seras frowned slightly; she would have to leave her Halcannon behind.

"We will be attacking with the bulk of our forces. The wild Geese will be split up into four groups, three will go with Captain Bernadotte." That left about fifteen men staying behind, by Pip's calculations. It was a small force, but they should be able to handle any problems that might arise. "You all have two hours to prepare." Integra finished the breifing and dismissed them all.

***

Adrian wandered around the Hellsing grounds. He didn't have anything to prepare like the others, so he had two hours to kill. He wished he had something to do while he walked around randomly. Something like smoking, something to do that didn't take any concentration. He wondered if cigarettes could even affect him. He leaned against the wall outside the front gate. He was debating whether or not he should take a walk away from the manor when a figure approached him.

"You would be Adrian." The figure said. He had a very oily voice and Adrian disliked him immediately. The figure was male, tall and wearing dark clothes.

"What do you want?" Adrian said, his voice dangerous. He watched the figure from the corner of his eye, not turning toward him.

"I have been sent by my superiors to find you, we have a proposition for you." There was a flash of non-fanged teeth.

"You have three seconds." Adrian said, his temper rising.

***

Alucard had finished stocking up on ammo and was heading for the truck when he spotted Adrian. The young man looked nervous. He was walking rapidly up the hill to the trucks. He changed directions when he spotted Alucard, now walking towards the vampire. "I think I should stay behind." He said flatly.

"Nervous? It just a mission." Alucard studied Adrian for a moment. Something was wrong here.

"I'm not nervous about the mission, I just think I should stay behind. I have a bad feeling." He added on that last sentence almost reluctantly.

"Any specific reason?" Alucard asked, somewhat suspicious.

Adrian looked at him darkly, as if suspecting Alucard's suspicion. "Nothing I can name." He said.

"Then come on then. This will be a learning experience for you." Alucard said, walking toward the truck.

Adrian snorted, but followed anyway. He took one last look up at the manor before ducking into the truck.

***

They soon had the entrance to the silo surrounded. There was only one working entrance, so there was no worry about the enemy sneaking out a back door. The entrance led underground and had been covered by a thick carpet of turf. They pulled it away and inspected the door. It was solid steel by the looks of it. Only one thing to do… "Ready!" Pip shouted. His men all covered their ears as Pip lobbed a small, dark object shaped like a pineapple at the entrance. Turf and debris flew up as the grenade detonated. There was a horrible wrenching sound and a loud crash. Once the dust cleared, they inspected the new hole in the ground.

"Well, they know we're here now, if they didn't already. " Pip set one team to guard the entrance. The three vampires he sent in first, followed by his last two teams and himself.

The place was swarming with ghouls, all heading in their direction. The three vampires moved on past them, Alucard slipping into the wall. The Wild Geese opened fire on the ghouls, ripping them to shreds as hundreds of bullets tore through their flesh. After they were all dead Pip called for a cease-fire. There were four corridors. Pip didn't want to split up his men further than they already were so he sent one team down the north corridor and went with the second team down the south one.

He soon found that his men were going to have to split up more after all. This place was a maze of corridors. Every fork they took led to three others. Too bad he had no map of the inside. Though he would have trouble believing that someone could chart something this complex. Added on to that fact was that they had to stop every few seconds to rip through another horde of ghouls.

***

Seras wrinkled her nose at the gore around her. This was never pleasant, no matter what her master said. So far she had not found anyone intelligent, just wave after wave of ghouls. Were the masters of this place in hiding? Or were they waiting for a better opportunity to strike? Whatever the reason, she was getting tired of this. Killing ghouls was like kicking a man in a wheelchair, no contest.

`Eager for a challenge, police girl?' She heard her master's voice echo through her head. `You'll get one soon enough.' He chuckled softly.

"Master, why do have to make it sound so sordid? I just want this to be over already." Seras voice took on an almost pleading tone. Alucard just laughed again in response.

Seras sighed. "Why me?" She asked no one.

***

Alucard let Seras be. He had hunting to do.

He stalked the corridors, sniffing out his prey. There would be a challenge here, he was sure of it. Part of that challenge was finding his opponent. He could sense the scent, but he couldn't pinpoint it. He knew this too be intentional. His prey was very advanced to be able to block its scent.

This would indeed be a fun game. He grinned.

***

Adrian slipped past the men waiting outside the silo easily. He blended into the darkness, he was part of it. He looked up at the bright full moon in the sky. The sight of it thrilled his blood, but there were other things to do right now.

Still, the little nagging voice in the back of his mind still plagued him. `Don't do it. Don't go back, you would be a fool to do so.' But he had to go back, after the meeting with the stranger at the front gate he had no choice. `If you go, they will never trust you again.'

"They shouldn't have trusted me to begin with." Adrian said softly.

Author's Note: Another chapter has gone by. I can't believe it has been 18. I do love this story a lot but it is something I work on in my spare time now. I'm attempting to make an actual novel. ^_^

I have decided that I will make a lemon for this fic. It will be in one of the future chapters. Thank you everyone who reviewed! I do this for you.