Hellsing Fan Fiction ❯ Piss me off and Die ❯ Chapter 41 ( Chapter 39 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 41
 
Half an hour later found Lillian standing in front of her wardrobe mirror analyzing herself and she didn't like what she saw.
 
“Oohh, I've waited so long to finally get you wearing something like this. You look so cute!” Grace squealed in delight. Lillian continued staring at herself in the mirror in disbelief that it was still her. Gone was the Lillian with her messy blonde hair in a loose braid, ripped tank top, pants and jacket. The person who stood before the mirror had her hair up in a high ponytail that bobbed around when she moved, her top was a short, sleeveless although thin strapped white with red spots top that was skin tight and showed her cleavage off practically leaving nothing to the imagination. It was a corset top that was so tight it hurt to breathe when she took in deep breaths. Accompanying it was a black three layered short mini skirt, complete with fishnet stockings and army type black boots. Grace did have in mind other boots that had quite some heel however Lillian had vetoed that immediately and they after spending five minutes of arguing decided on the boots. Grace had also applied make-up on her face which consisted of black mascara, eyeliner and shadow making her eyes standout bright blue against her pale skin. Grace had wanted to put some lipstick on but Lillian vetoed that as well. In Lillian's opinion she looked like a cross between the proverbial girl next door and the punk, Goth wannabe. Lillian sighed out in defeat,
 
“You've got to be kidding me Grace; I look like some fashion scene gone totally wrong. The only people who would wear this kind of garment if you could call it that, is very sad decadent people.”
 
“That or people who don't have a boyfriend either.” Grace retorted.
 
“Not this again Grace, unlike you my life does not revolve around having some guy at my side. I have no use for pets.” Lillian answered back.
 
“Spoken like a true virgin.” Grace stated smirking. Lillian crossed her arms in front of herself,
 
“And proud of it.” She stated back, her chin in the air.
 
“You attitude would turn a full one-eighty if you finally let loose and allow a guy to show you a good time.” Grace mumbled.
 
“Okay that's it, change of subject. Just where the hell are you taking me for this pre-birthday bash anyway?” Lillian questioned, now further knowing that she wouldn't like it one bit. Lillian saw Grace's face light up like someone had flicked a switch.
 
“Nope, not telling you yet luv, it a surprise.” She answered a huge smile on her face.
 
“You know how I don't like surprises Grace.” Lillian answered back darkly.
 
“Whoa now settle petal, you know I that I would never take you anywhere dangerous or anything like that. It just this new place I've found that is just totally freak! And the vibe is just totally banging luv, trust me, you'll love it! Anyway I'm just going to go and quickly change my hair colour, I'm thinking of a dark red, so you just head down stairs and I'll be that in a jiffy `kay.” With that said Grace shooed Lillian out of her own room and closed the door.
 
“Well that was nice.” Lillian said to herself as she started to walk down the hallway. Instead of heading down stairs she decided to make a pit stop to her office to stock up on some weapons.
 
Opening the doors and heading over to her desk Lillian was not surprised in the least when she saw Alucard looking comfortable in her chair.
 
“Do make yourself at home Alucard.” Lillian retorted as she made her way over to her desk.
 
“Master? Is that you? Be still my beating heart, you actually look like a girl!” was Alucard's reply.
 
“Your heart doesn't even beat to begin with Alucard so spare me your condescending remarks and move; I've got to get to my desk drawers.” Lillian answered rolling her eyes in the process.
 
“With the garb you are wearing my dear master I believe it would stop any man's heart.” Alucard grinned as he pushed himself back out of her way but only enough that she still would have to brush by him but still access her drawers. Lillian saw this and shook her head.
 
“You're a pain in the ass you know that.” She stated before shoving past him. Alucard only laughed enjoying the sensation of her bare legs brushing passed him.
 
“You are however, revealing a lot of skin Lillian and that that ah, undergarment you are wearing for a blouse is how shall I say it, showing off a lot of your…ah assets.” Alucard almost grumbled. Lillian paused in mid motion, and then shrugged.
 
“Really Alucard, you think so? I mean we were going to put me in a smaller size for my top to further show off these `assets' as you put them of mine. Grace almost talked me into going for the shorter skirt too.” Lillian stated nonchalantly before turning to face him fully. Lillian then started to straighten the skirt in front of him.
 
“Do you think this skirt is too long Alucard?” Lillian questioned sweetly. Alucard merely stared at her, his eyes moving from her boots to her face before he raised an eyebrow before stating,
 
“Any shorter and it would have to named under underwear Lillian. You are not serious are you master?” Lillian gave him a smile before she scoffed at him,
 
“Of course not Alucard! You think me mad? I am not that decadent thank you very much.”
 
“Yes, that is relieving to hear. However, in your current attire I have no doubt that filthy human males will attempt to take advantage of you Lillian. Has Vincent seen your attire? No you must change to something more suitable Lillian.” Alucard stated as a matter of fact. It was Lillian's turn to raise an eyebrow at Alucard as she put her hands on her hips.
 
“Vincent is smart enough not to ask and Alucard, who wears the pants in our relationship here?”
 
“Clearly I do currently Lillian.” Alucard replied taking her words literally.
 
“No, I mean, who is the boss here Alucard. I will wear what I want thank you very much. You are not my father, thank god for small mercies and as you will see currently I will be going in prepared and armed.”
Lillian turned her back to him and opened the drawer at her desk and got to work pulling out an array of weapons. After observing this Alucard asked,
 
“Tell me master, just where on that barely covered, petite body of yours are you going to put such weapons?” Lillian frowned and looked down at her weapons that comprised of switchblade knives, handguns, a derringer, holy water vials and her short sword. Lillian didn't even bother getting out her favorite shotgun; she at least knew that was out of the question. Lillian crossed her arms in front of her,
 
“That's what I'm trying to figure out now.” Lillian mumbled in answer.
 
“Good luck.” Alucard merely stated. Lillian glanced at him, her annoyance clear in the lines of her face.
 
“Thanks.” Was her sarcastic reply. Lillian looked at the weapons arranged in front of her, crossing her arms in front of her again in thought.
 
Five minutes later her decision was made. Obviously her short sword was also out of question and so Lillian was able to conceal two switchblade knives, one in each boot, a couple of holy water vials in her skirt and finally to her own amazement Lillian was able to fit one of her smaller hand guns in her small `evening' bag instead of a flimsy derringer. It only held eight rounds and no doubt would be a bitch to get out of the bag if she needed a quick draw but she would just have to chance that and hope that she wouldn't need such a weapon tonight.
 
“You cease to amaze me master.” Alucard stated after observing the finished result. Lillian turned back t face him,
 
“And don't you forget it!” she laughed pointing her index finger at him. Lillian took one last look at herself before heading out of the office.
 
“Well I better go to meet Grace before she starts looking for me.” Lillian mumbled and left to head down the main staircase.
 
She found Grace waiting at the front entrance with Vincent, her arms crossed, tapping her left foot. When Lillian finally joined them grace demanded,
 
“Just where the hell have you been Lillian? We are running late!”
 
“I had to fix a few business matters before I left that's all. All done now, lets go shall we. What car are we taking by the way?” Lillian asked.
 
“No car, I've already got Vincent to prep and ready your bike. It's waiting out the front for us.” Grace answered.
 
“We are riding my bike?” Lillian asked, directing the question at Vincent with raised eyebrows.
 
“Yes, we are so let's go already.” Grace answered growing even further impatient.
 
“Alright, alright we're going, we're going.” Lillian answered to smooth Grace's temper, she was really irritable as a red head Lillian mused to herself and smiled sheepishly.
 
“Wait you do have your bike license don't ya?” Grace suddenly asked Lillian. Lillian grinned broadly,
 
“Yeah I do, I got it not long ago actually, passed with ninety-one percent, the lady told me to stay on the bikes and avoid driving the cars.” Lillian answered.
 
“Well with what Vincent's been telling me, I'd say that would be some sound advice Lillian.” Grace joked. Lillian's head shot to Vincent as she asked darkly to Grace,
 
“And just what has Vincent been saying about my driving hmm?” Vincent's face visually paled and Grace decided to save him as it was her who got him into trouble.
 
“Well then like I said before time is a wasting so lets go shall we?” Grace stated more like and walked over to Vincent to give him a quick hug and a chaste kiss on the cheek.
 
“Fine.” Lillian grumbled and did the same as Grace, whispering in Vincent's ear as she kissed him,
 
“We will talk about this later.” Vincent gulped and nodded his head solemnly.
 
“What, leaving with telling me goodbye?” A voice questioned out at the bottom of the stairs. Lillian's shoulders twitched, she knew that voice all too well. Alucard came over to the little group, his wicked grin in place just for Lillian.
 
“Oh, Alucard! We're so sorry!” Grace pinned and made her way over to him, always ready to make time for the man. Alucard looked down at the young woman and smiled again, actually opening his arms wide to receive a hug from her, which she gladly returned.
 
“Why that's quite alright Miss. Grace, I'm just glad I was just able to make it to wish a safe night and good times on this memorable event.” Alucard stated. Lillian's eye was twitching in irritation as she witness the scene before her.
 
“Memorable event?” Grace questioned still in his arms.
 
“Why yes, Lillian actually going out of the manor for fun and not for…business.” Alucard answered her.
“Oh, okay then.” Grace answered as she stood on her tippy-toes of her high-heeled red leather boots waiting for Alucard to bend down to receive her kiss on the cheek. Alucard did this of course his eyes, without his glasses present; never leaving Lillian's glaring ones.
 
“Have a good night.” Alucard stated to Grace. Grace giggled,
 
“Thanks Alucard, see you later.” Grace answered as she let go of him and wondered back over to Lillian.
 
“Yes, goodbye Alucard, we'll see you later.” Lillian curtly added thinking in her head of ways to punish him for breaking rule number one. God she didn't really know why she attempted to bother though.
 
“Aren't you going to hug and kiss Alucard Lillian? You are relatives as you say.” Grace asked still suspicious with the relationship Alucard and her best friend shared. Lillian closed her eyes and sighed out loud suddenly so tired.
 
“Fine then.” She answered and made her way over to Alucard's waiting embrace. For some strange reason she felt like this embrace, this hug and simple kiss means so much more, that this would set in motion future events where it could be brought back to this moment in time. Lillian's arms surrounded Alucard's, his own embracing her back and Lillian felt surprisingly comfortable and calm. It was Alucard instead however that bent down and gave her a chaste kiss on the cheek, through their mind link he whispered softly through her mind,
 
Have a good night my little master. Be careful though Lillian and stay safe, I feel a ominous presence and it's very strong now. Don't hesitate to call me; I won't be far from you, always.
 
Alucard finished and let her go. Lillian could not see his face after that as he turned around and started walking to the lower stairs that would lead him to the dungeons.
 
“Enjoy yourselves tonight ladies, after all the full moon is especially bright tonight.” With that parting comment he disappeared down the stairs.
 
Lillian was having mixed feelings after that, confusion lined her face and though it was faint, she could've sworn she heard someone laughing in her head, positive that it had nothing to do with Alucard.
 
“Let's go! Girls night out!” Grace yahooed at the door. Lillian turned back to her and smiled a small wistful smile.
 
“Yeah let's go.”
 
*
 
The club was packed, the music loud, the body heat tremendous with most of the bodies dancing slick with sweat. Lillian thought they had entered another world.
 
“It is time to party girlfriend!” Grace squealed in Lillian's ear.
 
“Yeah, party, whoo ho…” Lillian grumbled in return, really not wanting to be here. Lillian surveyed the club more intently, seeing nothing but a mass of moving bodies in which she noticed first that they, or really the whole club stunk to high heaven.
 
“God this place stinks!” Lillian gagged. Grace turned to Lillian, confused she asked,
 
“What are you talking about, it's not that bad?” Lillian only raised her eyebrow,
 
“Then be glad you sense of smell is fairly limited then Grace.”
 
“You are such a spoil sport Lillian! Come on lets go grab that table by the bar.” Grace stuck her tongue at Lillian before grabbing her arm and dragging her over to said table. Lillian took the opposite seat to Grace and from this view she could actually see the club better which to her only looked like a abandoned warehouse done up with extra lights, sound equipment, dance floor, table and chairs, although not many, and lastly the bar.
Grace was looking over at the bar before she shook her head bent down close to Lillian and said,
 
“Whatever you do luv, don't touch any of the drinks here, it seems the bartender is pretty shifty making most of the drinks spiked.”
 
“What!” Lillian stated in disbelief. Grace only smiled before standing suddenly,
 
“Come on Lillian, let's dance!” Lillian only shook her head violently and grabbed Grace's arm to pull her back down to her level,
 
“Grace, is this place legit?” Lillian asked darkly. Grace only smiled tensely,
 
“As legit as a not legit place can be.” She whispered hesitantly. Lillian's eyes widened in disbelief,
 
“Do you mean to tell me that you've taken me to one of those clubs run by the human gang's of London?” Lillian asked harshly, realizing now why there were no scanners that picked up her concealed weapons. Looking at Grace's face, Lillian already knew the answer.
 
“I can't believe you took me to such a place Grace, if I got caught here, do you know what it would do to my reputation!” Lillian growled at her, thinking about the round table and the queen, knowing that this would be enough to expel her.
 
“What reputation Lillian? You only run some sort of business with Alucard right?” Grace asked annoyed. Lillian swore under her breath, Grace knew nothing of Hellsing or the round table.
 
“Look, everything is fine okay; everything will go fine tonight, just chill. Now I'm going dancing, you coming or not?” Grace asked crossing her arms in front of her chest. Lillian only sighed shook her head while rubbing her temple in utter dejection to her current situation.
 
“No you go ahead; I'll just sit here and watch.” She answered.
 
“Fine.” Grace answered and left for the dance floor leaving Lillian to her misery. Of course it didn't take long before a group of three males approached Lillian's table and with what Lillian was wearing, got all the wrong ideas.
 
“Hey babe. What you doing all on your lonesome? How about I buy you a drink? A pretty girl like you should be with me, wanna dance instead?” The obviously boss of the trio asked, leaning on Lillian's table posing. Lillian looked up to see who had interrupted her brooding.
 
“Excuse me?” Lillian asked annoyed. The guy merely repeated his previous statement.
 
“No I heard you the first time; I just can't believe you would suggest such a thing to me. But I'll tell you what, you'll be the first guy I ask if I ever get that, really, really desperate ok.” Lillian stated before turning away to look to the dance floor for Grace. The guy's face darkened at the insult and he banged his fist on the table, his `boys' moving closer at the same time.
 
“I don't think you know who you're talking to missy. Now what I say goes around here and what I say right now is that you're coming with me you little slut.” The man growled at her.
 
“Slut! How dare you!” Lillian stood ready to beat the living shit out of the men in front of her.” It was then that a voice called out moving in front of both parties,
 
“Goodevnin, is there a problem here?” Lillian head shot to the interruption to find another male about seventeen to nineteen years old, tall (hair colour?), with amber yellow eyes believe it or not, wearing a tan vest with dark green trim, a light coloured T-shirt and dark shorts that went just below the knee.
The jerk that was harassing Lillian only sniffed at the shorter man in front of him and said,
 
“Piss off pip-squeak. You are way out of your league here.” Dismissing the new guy as no threat. It was then that Lillian's eyes widened in disbelief as she watched the guy's eyes tense in annoyance before his lips became a sadistic grin as he quick as a snake reached up to the jerk's shoulder and press something hard on the back of the neck, making the jerk crumple to the floor.
 
“Thought there wasn't.” the guy stated still smiling, although now down at the jerk who was still slightly twitching. The two guys who was with the jerk moved forward to attack the intruder who had just taken out their boss,
 
“Why you little!” one growled. However the man only now smiled up at them, totally calm as he slowly pulled out a big bowie knife from his back and to Lillian's even further disbelief; he began to clean his fingernails with said big knife.
At the sight of the knife the men backed off, grabbing the crumpled body of the jerk and then while leaving snarled back at him,
 
“You'll pay for this.”
 
“Anytime, anyplace boys.” The guy replied using his knife to wave them goodbye.
This whole scene had happened in mere seconds in which no one in the club seemed to notice either. The guy put his knife back in its holder and walked over to Lillian, who was still processing what had just happened.
 
“`R' you alright?” he asked her. The man then leant forward to smell the air around Lillian, he moved back and asked, “Why didn'tcha shoot him, ye got a gun, or stab him with one of them boot knives?” However his expression then changed to that of sheepish as he grinned and scratched the back of his head to smile and say, “Ah, where have my manners gone,” As he extended his right hand towards Lillian, “My name's Luke.”
 
Lillian, who had not even gotten the chance to reply during his somewhat abrupt introduction, closed her mouth and schooled her current confused look on her face to that of placid to somewhat reluctantly take the offered hand to introduce herself to the strange man now revealed to be called `Luke.'
 
“My name is Lillian, a pleasure to meet you sir I'm sure.” Luke nodded and smiled a boyish grin in response. Lillian then just had to ask, “How do you know about my concealed weapons?”
 
Luke had to laugh at that before he answered, still grinning of course, “That always disconcerts people. I smelled the cordite in the bullets, n' as for the knives, well part of the handle is stikin out of one of yer boots and t'other one's visible as a big bulge on the side. You're not really good at the concealing part `r ya little lady?” Luke goofed.
 
Lillian felt her cheeks redden with not only embarrassment but anger as well. She wanted to let out a snappy retort that she had never felt the need to conceal the weapons before in her life, (this was her first attempt on the matter) she was after all trained soldier and what the hell did he know about it. However she decided to hold her tongue, yes miracle it was and merely observed the man in front of her. Although he was quite thin, well lean more like it, Lillian still noticed his muscles and strong physique that emanated from him. He had also noticed and smelled the cordite in her bullets. Perhaps he was a trained soldier then? Lillian considered, his accent definitely wasn't English and so that also was puzzling her, American perhaps? He certainly wasn't a normal human teenage boy that's for sure.
 
“Do ye mind me sittin' at yer table? There's ah, none left.” Luke finally asked as she had said nothing for some time, she was just giving him some weird look.
 
Lillian waking up from her thoughts nodded her head in approval. He did after all help her out of a sticky situation even though he was unasked. Luke smiled and sat down. Lillian also took her seat once more, her curiosity of this man was getting the better of her and she really wanted to know just who he was. Her gaze however fell back onto the `dance floor' for a moment to see if she could see if Grace was near by.
 
“Hey Lillian, you got a look on yer face like a wet cat, whats wrong-did a friend drag you out to `socialize'?” Luke asked. Lillian had to let out a small laugh, Luke had said the word `socialize' in such a way that it made the word sound evil to be followed by a unconscious finch. “At least that's why I'm here.” He groaned as he finished and pulled out a small copy of “The Art of War” beginning to read from where he had previously left off.
 
As she now continued to stare at Luke, Lillian couldn't help herself, she had to ask. “Are you a soldier?” Being tactful was not one of her strong suits.
 
Luke stopped reading and shook his head confused, “Excuse me?” he wasn't sure if he had heard her properly over the sound of the music.
 
Lillian let out a sigh of annoyance. “Are you a soldier? Or at least military trained?” She asked again.
 
“What makes you say that?” Luke asked evading the question.
 
“Well your knowledge and ability to smell cordite over the stench of this godforsaken place for one. The bowie knife you carry for two and lastly what skill you had used on that jerk to take him down in one hit.” Lillian answered like it was the obvious thing in the world.
 
Luke began to laugh once more, smiling sheepishly he answered, “Well my dad is Ex-marine so that explains the cordite. The knife is for show to ward off would be thugs and as for the third…well believe it or not I'm a trained masseuse and so I know about the nerve at the back of the neck by the shoulder blade that is able to take down a person if hit correctly.” Luke explained, his eyes were closed so she could not look into them as he scratched the back of his head like most people do when they are nervous.
 
“I see.” Lillian wasn't convinced, this boy was undeniably lying, that much she could tell. He was definitely hiding something from her. “Where do you come from?” she suddenly asked changing the topic.
 
“Well I'm from Texas, America.” He stated quite proudly she noticed.
 
“What are you doing in England then?” She asked after he answered.
 
Luke closed and marked his book once more to turn and face Lillian more fully. “You sure do ask a lot of questions. I didn't know asking for a seat at your table would involve an interrogation; otherwise I wouldn't have bothered asking.”
 
Lillian opened her mouth and the closed it once more. It did seem like she was interrogating him, interpersonal skills were another strong suit she lacked. However she did not miss the fact that he had skillfully evaded her question yet again.
 
“Let me ask you a question now.” Luke began, as no answer had come from her. His tone was fully serious now. “Why is such a pretty girl like yourself packing so much weaponry for just a simple night out?”
 
Lillian opened her mouth, paused and then closed it once more, not sure how to answer. Man she felt like a goldfish tonight. “Well a girl can never be too careful.” She finally answered.
 
“Sure…” Luke slowly answered before he faced back away and began to read his book once again.
 
Great, Lillian thought not only was she a goldfish tonight, but totally transparent she huffed. What a night this was turning out to be, could it get any worse? She thought, her attitude dismal.
 
Lillian's eyes shifted to the dance floor again and finally spotted Grace, only to see her holding the hand of some random guy heading to the outside exit. Rage spurred up in her, Grace had left her and gone off with some guy after promising she wouldn't. Lillian had enough of this clubbing scene and ass grabbing hormonal guys and decided it was time to leave. She smiled up at Luke,
 
“Look, thanks for the rescue but it looks like I have to rescue my friend now from making a big mistake with some random guy. I knew she had too much to drink tonight.” Lillian sighed.
 
“Do you need a hand?” Luke looked up form his book sounding a bit concerned.
 
“No thanks, I should be right. After I give her a swift kick up the bum we are going home, maybe that will help start her thinking with her head and not her neither regions.” Lillian grumbled. Luke Laughed,
 
“Well good luck to you and I hope to see you again sometime Lillian.” he answered.
 
“Yeah I hope so too Luke. It was good meeting you.” Lillian really smiled before shaking her hand once more with Luke's and began moving across the dance floor to the exit Grace and obviously Mr. horny had left through.
 
After many `excuses me's from her, `hey babe, what you doing?' from guys and scarily enough girls as well with of course the occasional ass pinch or `accidental' bump across her cleavage Lillian finally made it to the door and to the fresh outside air, her ears thankful to escape the banging of the loud music.
 
Lillian looked around the alley she found herself in for any sign of Grace or her so called companion. Lillian walked a few steps deeper into the dark alley, not surprised in the slightest that it stunk to high heaven. A few steps later Lillian then heard voices not far up ahead, first there was playful laughter however that soon changed when the voice became tense and anxious,
 
“Hey, what are you doing? Stop that now, hey stop it! Stop!” Lillian froze; it was Grace's voice. When she heard Grace scream Lillian snapped out of her daze of shock and pulled her bag off her shoulder, grabbed the gun out of it, wishing instead it was one of her twin pistols and came out of the shadows her gun pointed and froze once again. Her heart felt like it had stopped as she witness Grace pushed up against the wall, her skirt lifted almost past her waist as a male hand caressed her thigh, his other keeping the both of Grace's hands above her head as he drank from her throat.
 
“Get the fuck off her!” Lillian screamed in a fit of rage as she shot a warning shot next to his head. She would have shot him immediately but she did not want to risk Grace. The vampire stopped drinking and slowing turned his head in the direction of Lillian, his lips curving into a grin as his obscenely long tongue licked the remaining blood from his lips.
 
“Hmm, so you finally decided to show little Hellsing? We were becoming anxious for your arrival. I was beginning to think that you didn't notice the disappearance of you little human.” He smirked as his eyes glinted with an inhuman light.
 
Lillian could only stare at those eyes, eyes that were crimson red. Freaks didn't have red eyes and the only vampires she knew that had red eyes were Alucard and Seras. She stared at her opponent as her stomach tightened with fear, the enemy in front of her was a true undead a true nosferatu.
 
Lillian squared her shoulders and concentrated on the other matter at hand, he had said `we', her eyes flicked in all directions to see if there was anybody else in the alley, she saw no one. She looked back at the vampire in front of her; he had shoulder length blonde hair that seemed almost golden and shown in the darkness of the alley. He supported broad shoulders and was fairly tall, six foot one she would pin him for. A dog's collar, black with spikes was around his neck accompanied by numerous what seemed like silver chains loosely around his neck. Black plain short sleeved top that exposed his pale hairless chest and opened up at the button to show off his abs. Black leather pants that looked painted on covered his legs with more chains attached and black boots finished his look.
 
“Let go of her or I'll shoot and this time I won't miss.” Lillian answered darkly as she readjusted her aim and readied to fire. The male vampire laughed a laugh that sent shiver down Lillian's spine before he pulled Grace closer to his body and examined Grace's face as he held her chin up to face him before turning it to face Lillian,
 
“And risk shooting your precious little human? I think not.” He grinned evilly. Lillian watched as Grace regained consciousness once more. Fear showed through Grace's eyes as they widened,
 
“Lillian? What's happening? Oh my God, why do you have a gun?” she whispered out.
 
“It's okay Grace, just hold on for a minute, everything is going to be fine, just stay calm.” Lillian answered.
 
“Yes, just hold on little Grace as the big bad vampire hunter Lillian Hellsing will save the day!” the vampire mocked.
 
“Vampire hunter?” Grace asked confused. The vampire pulled Grace closer to him as he spun her to face him once again. Grace whimpered from the pain in her neck, Lillian could see the sick enjoyment the vampire took from too as his mouth spread into a toothy grin.
 
“What don't you know?” he asked shocked but excited to Grace.
 
“Shut up!” Lillian bellowed immediately. The vampire glanced over to Lillian, his smile widening.
 
“Oooh, she doesn't know then. Well please allow me to enlighten you my little piece of meat. I am a vampire, a real vampire of the legends that takes pretty young maidens and drains them of their sweet precious blood. You little friend over there is a vampire hunter of a very prestigious name. Yes the Hellsings' have hunted my kind for generations.” The vampire declared.
 
“I have no idea what you're hitting up right now mate, but you lie pal, me and Lillian have been best friends since we were five and she would have told me of such things. Lillian would never in a million years lie to me isn't that right Lillian?” Grace answered with confidence as she turned her head to face Lillian's for confirmation not believing a word the `vampire' spoke. Lillian had to look away as she couldn't face Grace, her stomach turning in regret.
 
“Lillian…?” Grace slowly questioned, her voice soft. Lillian still didn't look at Grace but only whispered out,
 
“I'm sorry Grace.”
 
“Oh my God…” Grace answered as the shock froze her mind. The male vampire began laughing sadistically.
 
“Oh, isn't this precious! Simply precious!” Grace's attention turned back to the vampire,
 
“That means, what you did to my neck, you…you…get off me! Let me go you, you, you freak! Let me go!” Grace began to fight as she hit his chest repeatedly.
 
“Ohh, let me go!' the vampire mocked as he took his `beating'.
 
“Yes let her go now!” Lillian ordered, pointing her gun up at the vampire again. Grace's head whipped back to Lillian's,
 
“Lillian, I don't want your help! How could you!? How could you lie to me! Me! Your best friend!” tears formed in Grace's eyes and it hurt Lillian's heart.
 
“Grace I'll explain everything later, just calm down and we'll get through this, don't do anything rash.” Lillian attempted to settle Grace down. Instead Grace seemed even more angrier and started fight the vampire who held her even more fiercely.
 
“Grace!” Lillian yelled.
 
“Shut up Lillian, I don't want to talk to you!” Grace answered in her own loud voice. Grace wiggled even further, positioned herself and then kneed the vampire in the balls. The vampire yelled and let her go immediately as he clutched himself. As he let her go so suddenly Grace stumbled back as she attempted to gain her balance. The vampire shot his head in her direction and yelled,
 
“You little bitch!” before he straightened and backhanded her across the face sending Grace flying towards the alley wall. Her head met brick and she slowly slid down to her knees before collapsing to the floor.
 
“GRACE!” Lillian shouted and she began to move forward to help her friend. The vampire blocked her,
 
“Ah, ah, ahh, you ain't going any where near that little slut.” He stated. Lillian moved back a few steps not wanting to be anywhere near him and prayed that her friend was all right.
 
“Ha, ha, ha! That was your own fault Darien, you deserved what you got.” A male voice sounded in the distance but got closer. A chorus of laughter followed in agreement. Three more vampires entered the alley and Lillian felt her heart skip a beat. Shit, how long had they been here? Was the thought running through her head. The odds was not in her favor now, it was four to one and all Lillian hand was the gun in her hand that only had seven more shots left and two folding knives, in each boot, which would not be helpful as she doubted she could get to them in time. Cursing herself numerous times and wishing for her usual weapons Lillian tried to think up of a plan.
 
“Shut up Samuel!” the blonde male vampire apparently named Darien shot back.
 
“Ohh, touchy!” one of the other vampire's stated. The one named `Samuel' laughed again, a long deep laugh before saying,
 
“Heh, for all that so called power of yours Darien you still can go down when a pathetic human woman takes a shot at your balls.” Darien's attitude visually darkened, or lightened was more like it. His face became more illuminated as his skin appeared to glow almost. However, somehow the alleyway still seemed to darken with Darien becoming like a light in the dark.
 
“You and your cronies best remember your place or do you want me to show you again first hand of that so called power of mine Samuel?” the vampire named Samuel visibly cringed and the others backed off. As Lillian observed this she knew immediately that they were of a much lower class. Lillian's mind flew back to the conversation she had with Alucard awhile back,
 
“There are different types of true vampires Lillian that were not made by humans. There is the first class like myself, a true nosferatu, No-life king, those turned by our creator who shall remain nameless. The vampires bitten and turned by the first class vampires are the second class, like Seras, powerful but not as powerful as the first. From the second class comes the third class and so forth and so on. With each new class the abilities and power of that vampire diminishes. However if memory serves me correctly by the time of the seventh class they can not turn humans into vampires, only mindless uncontrollable zombies. The lower class vampires are nothing but slaves to the high class and forever will be. However it is doubtful that you should encounter any of these classes as your ancestors and other vampire hunters have insured the vampire race into almost extinction.”
 
Yes well Lillian was facing these so called classes of vampires now and only hoped that the vampires still died like the freaks did or she was totally screwed.
 
The vampire named Samuel dropped down to one knee and looked at the floor as he answered tensely,
 
“I meant no offense Lord Darien. Please I beg of your forgiveness.” The other two behind him knelt as well. Lillian had had enough of this, she had to help Grace.
 
“Look, obliviously this was planned to get me here. Well now I'm here, so what the hell do you want, you're wasting my time and I'm already sick and tired of all this vampire macho bullshit.” Lillian demanded, as she readjusted her stance, even if you held a gun with both hands, you couldn't stand in the same position for too long, your hands would begin to shake, your legs start to ache and Lillian did not need that right now. Darien turned to face Lillian once again, his demeanor now changed back to his sadistic cheerful mocking attitude.
 
“Why how rude of me, so sorry.” Darien bowed mockingly.
 
“Just answer the bloody question fangface.” Lillian stated. Darien grinned, his fangs peeking out even more.
 
“Why a meeting with one of the great vampire hunters of Hellsing's and living to tell the tale is a great boast to tell these days.” Darien stated still bowing.
 
“Well hi, you've now met me. Now if you all turn around and leave you'll be able to tell the tale and we can both be on our merry little ways.” Lillian answered. Straightening up Darien laughed sending even more shivers up Lillian's' spine like a dark caress in which she fought the urge to flinch.
 
“You would like that now wouldn't you little Hellsing? But just meeting you is not enough. However if we were to fight, why a battle with you and living to tell the tale, well now wouldn't that be such a boast, don't you think?” he questioned politely as if they were just talking about tomorrows weather.
 
“You could always just lie and exaggerate.” Lillian answered, putting on one of her best innocent, cute smiles as she really did not want to get involved in a battle. Suddenly Darien's attitude changed, he was no longer in a joking mood, his eyes tightened and the atmosphere grew tense.
 
“There is no honor in that and we do not boast selfless pride. Lying and exaggeration is dishonorable. Do not lower us amongst your human scum.” Darien spat out. Lillian knew she had just pissed him off and right at this moment it wasn't a good thing. She had been secretly sending alert emotions to Alucard via their mind link for quite some time now however she did not use words as she afraid that they would be heard by the other vampires. She just needed some more time to buy so Alucard could arrive.
 
“Forgive my disrespect then, when one battles with chipped human freaks for so long, the line between vampire and freak becomes blurred somewhat.” Lillian answered, lowering her head just slightly. Darien laughed once again,
 
“A Hellsing asking for my forgiveness! Well I though I'd never see the night when a hunter would say that and lower their head! Pray tell, you must now tell me why.” Lillian shrugged in answer as she spoke,
 
“If there is one thing I do know about true vampires is that they are very honorable creatures. A vampire's pride and personal honor is very important to them and once broken can never be fixed, they become outcast and shamed. A human freak would lie, exaggerate and boast falsely, your answer earlier showed me of your character. I apologized even though we are enemies; I believe it to be proper etiquette to respect your opponent. However if you still wish to do battle with me, where is the honor in four against one? There is also the fact that you used my `human' as a shield, do you need a human to protect you then?” Lillian queried, showing off her own smile. Darien nodded at her answer before he laughed again,
 
“You will not rile me up with those insults to cloud my judgment little Hellsing. After all the same could be said for yourself, do you need a vampire to protect you?” he asked. Lillian's smile never faltered as she spread her arms wide,
 
“Do you see him here? No, my servant is no where in sight.” Lillian answered. Darien grinned, nodding his head,
 
“Really? Is that a fact? I bet he'd like to be.” he smiled darkly. Lillian wondered over that smile, just where was Alucard anyway? He should have been here long ago. Lillian was getting worried. Did Darien know more than she? Lillian let none of these thoughts faze her as she proposed her next statement.
 
“Well then let me propose an honorable battle then. Just you and me Blondie, one on one, with no interference. If I win and defeat you, I get my freedom and my human back with your three cronies over there leaving us in peace.”
 
“And if I win, I get you right.” Darien stated. Lillian slowly nodded her head,
 
“Yes you get me and the boast that you defeated the last Hellsing in battle. Now what say you to that?” Lillian finished.
 
“Oh what a prize, what a boast that would be.” Darien stated, his face contorting into a very sadistic grin.
 
“Although you know that I wouldn't kill you immediately. They say that a Hellsing's blood is oh so sweet; some of the best bloods that a vampire can taste and since you are still a virgin, yes I can smell it. Delicious, yes you would taste even sweeter.” Darien finished his eyes in a flutter.
 
“Do they now? Well I wouldn't know that now would I? No vampire can ever boast that they've drunk my blood in battle and lived to tell the tale.” Lillian grinned back.
 
“Hmm, well such a battle with you in which I know without a doubt I would win, would be such a wondrous event. Yes I can see it now; I would win and make you my slave, my drink, my pleasure.” Darien went on dreamily as he imagined no doubt sick thoughts surrounding Lillian.
 
“Remember our orders Darien.” Samuel spoke out. Lillian blinked, she had totally forgotten about the other vampires who had remained motionless this whole time. You would not have even known they existed unless you had been looking directly at them. Darien's face sobered up,
 
“Yes, such a wish I am not granted at this moment in time. We did not devise this trap to battle you little Hellsing.” Darien stated, his smile back on his face which told Lillian that whatever he was going to say next, that whatever was going to happen next she was not going to like one bit. Lillian unconsciously lowered her weapon in her confusion.
 
“What…?” she questioned.
 
A very dark aura covered the alley as the shadows grew larger and sound disappeared. Lillian eyes widened in fear as the feeling of the utmost dread washed over her. A woman's laughter echoed in the alley that caused Lillian's blood to turn cold, so cold that she didn't remember what the feeling of warmth was. Lillian recognized that voice, that sadistically sweet laughter, some how she did. It was a laugh that had haunted her dreams lately. Darien's voice rang out just audible over the dark laughter,
 
“Presenting our dark mistress, Queen of the Seven Hells, consort to the Great Dark Lord Himself and Mother of all vampires, Lilith the betrayer of Adam!”
 
Lillian felt her heart stop.