Hellsing Fan Fiction ❯ Piss me off and Die ❯ Chapter 40 ( Chapter 38 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 40
(A/N: Sorry for such a late update, but I'm back!)
Disclaimer: I do not own Hellsing.
Lillian was dreaming, not the sweet dreams that give you a smile in the morning when you wake up, nor one of those hazy dreams that you don't remember, it's a jumbled mess, a dream that meant nothing. Was she actually dreaming a nightmare then? Perhaps you could call it that, depending on what you assume a nightmare to be or not that is.
Throughout this particular dream though, it was as if Lillian was merely the watcher. She always just stood out of it, observing it only as flashes of it went by. At first she only saw great battles that she couldn't even begin to name, those same battles being fought during an endless night, the full moon shinning high amongst the red sky. Land, castles, and territories all being fought over, the men, the soldiers, the warriors who wielded swords and shot arrows under their banner or king. It was death, destruction, fury and hell. But what stood out the most to Lillian was the blood. That rich crimson colour, the warm texture, simply luscious in flavor, why it just tormented her during the dream, she wanted it, no, she craved it. Watching how it spurted out of hot warm bodies as they fell in battle, seeing it slowly drizzle down the skin on others as they became more paler as time went on, why it was just utmost torture to Lillian!
The flashes of the battles and wars she witnessed of the past only seemed to excite her more, her mouth watering over it. The thrill that sent shivers down her spine, the death and the destruction she observed, why it was just glorious to behold. In those days only the strong survived and the weak perished. It was the law of nature, the cycle of life in which humans were not above it. If you were strong you lived. If you were weak you died. It was as simple as that. It was the Killing Dance, and oh how she reveled in it.
The monsters, wait monsters? The dream had suddenly changed. No longer were the warrior soldiers' human, but inhuman monsters, demons from hell. All Lillian could see now were these deformed monsters in the form of humans terrorizing the night. There being one demon in particular who stood out above the rest, however before Lillian could get a good look at him the dream suddenly had changed once more. Lillian was now in a room with stone walls. There was a huge four poster bed before her, the curtains closed. Lillian could see a woman now, on the bed offering herself to Lillian. It was then that Lillian realized that she was no longer the watcher but the person who was before the woman staring almost hungrily at her.
Lillian couldn't see the woman properly as the thin dark curtain that covered the bed posts prevented her from doing so. She could now hear whispers echoing throughout the room, though unable to actually hear what they were saying. Lillian was confused by this as she didn't know where the voices were coming from as there was no one else in the room besides herself and the woman on the bed. The voices, although she could not understand what they were saying, still it seemed as if they were pushing her forward encouragingly. Lillian could also hear music in the background but couldn't place it.
“Come to me…” the woman finally spoke. Lillian felt her arm lift up and reach for the woman by its own accord and her feet move without her own thought. It was then did Lillian realize that the arm wasn't hers, that her legs weren't her own. Her body was bigger, surrounded in heavy armor and most definitely male.
“Come to me…” the woman spoke out again, her voice heavy and almost sultry but also command like. All Lillian wanted to do then was move forward and push back the curtain, to claim the woman as hers. But instead Lillian hesitated instead. She wasn't sure for some reason, something was holding her back. It just didn't feel right. Sensing this, the woman hissed in anger before suddenly disappearing from the bed to appear before her. The woman then grabbed Lillian's head and exposed her neck, pulling it to the side fiercely.
“If you will not give it to me freely my little Prince, I will take it from you then!” she whispered harshly, smiling evilly. Lillian tried to scream but was cut short. Eyes. Lillian was looking into her eyes now, eyes that were black as night, no darker and deeper. They were obsidian black, far out matching her raven black hair. The eyes were cold though and reflected nothing, soulless and cruel. Lillian felt her hand caress her cheek, which felt ice cold before she then felt nothing. Lillian was being sucked into the woman's eyes, she could feel, but do nothing but stare into her eyes. The woman spoke again but Lillian could have sworn it was in her mind.
“Hmm…I will have you my Little Prince, you will belong and serve only I, your soul belonging to me.” She paused a moment, breathing in Lillian's scent it seemed. Lillian could only watch in horror as the woman's tongue become fork-like and her fangs lengthening, the woman continued on,
“We are so similarly alike, you and I. I will now bestow a great gift upon you that will complete your transformation and fulfill your destiny to forever serve me my…Little…Prince…” She struck.
Lillian screamed as the pain hit her, her whole world going black now, the room, the music, the voices, the woman, all disappearing. Lillian was falling, falling rapidly into the darkness, screaming as she fell. However when Lillian had finally realized she was falling, she suddenly stopped and hit the ground. She was now on the ground, in some place new. She got up and looked around, noticing she was herself again and not the male covered in armor.
Lillian walked forward a few steps before realizing just where she was. She was in the warehouse's hallway from before! But it was different, it seemed longer and darker. Lillian then heard something up ahead. Laughter, a child's laughter. Curious in just where it was coming from Lillian decided to follow it.
Lillian began walking down the hallway in search of the person who was laughing playfully when she paused and stopped as she noticed a doorless entryway. A scene was playing before her; it was of her with mother and father walking down a pathway of the Hellsing manor while the sun was actually out one day. She knew this; it was one of her fondest childhood memories. Lillian smiled at the memory before continuing on further down the hallway.
A minute later Lillian had reached another doorless doorway that seemed to contain another one of her fondest memories. This time it was of her fifth birthday party, the cake before her with the candle sparkling Five years on it. Lillian was just about to blow the candles out, making her birthday wish. She had remembered the party and the cake but not her wish, she had seemed to forgotten it over time. It was probably something stupid anyway. Lillian turned away and continued on.
Lillian reached another doorless doorway, another past memory. This next one contained the memory of Grace and their first meeting at a Royal banquet. It was quite funny really; Grace had hated Lillian for some quite time after as Lillian had accidentally spilled punch on her favorite dress. They had become the best of friends soon after though.
Another doorway, another memory. This continued on for some time as Lillian made her way through the vast hallway, Lillian always hearing the child's playful laughter in the distance. At a point though, the doorways seemed to suddenly stop when Lillian had reached the tenth doorway just after seeing her ninth childhood memory. There were no more doorways after her ninth, if the past doorways were following pattern, at the next doorway, her tenth in which she was standing before right now should be showing her a memory of when she was eleven years old. But all there was, was darkness. Lillian heard the laughter once again, this time more louder than before, she was close.
Lillian ignored and left the dark doorway and continued on towards the laughter; believing to soon reach her goal. Lillian sped up to a jogging pace, trying to find the elusive child, ignoring the next six doorless doorways that were filled of darkness as well.
When Lillian turned left at a turn she had reached a dead end so she stopped. A mirror was before her now, it was huge, the size of two doorways. Lillian heard the laughter once more. It was right in front of her, coming from the mirror itself! Lillian approached the mirror cautiously, only seeing herself reflected in its view; however her reflection was barely there. Her image was almost transparent and yet as Lillian approached it for a closer inspection Lillian noticed that the image projected of herself by the mirror just didn't look like her. Her eyes seemed to give off an empty and lifeless appeal to them. Her hair was dull and limp, her skin a sickly death pale colour.
What was wrong with her? It, it almost looked like she was dead or dying for that matter. Lillian still in disbelief of what she saw reached forward to touch the glass. Her fingertips were touching the cold glass for a briefest second before suddenly they went right through the mirror. Lillian was in shock that her fingers had gone through the surface, causing what seemed to be a ripple effect on the mirror itself. She didn't have any time to think on this before something then suddenly pulled the rest of her body fully into the mirror.
Lillian fell through the mirror and on to the other side, landing in a heap on the ground. She slowly looked up, only to see this huge expanse of space coloured grey, a misty grey it seemed, stretching out for miles. An endless nothingness. Lillian heard the laughter again and turned her head to its direction. There was a child, a young girl who seemed to be playing a game, laughing to herself in mirth. Her arms were extended out like she was reaching for something as she ran, like she was trying to catch something that eluded her, just out of reach. Lillian couldn't see the young girl's face but her hair was a platinum blonde.
Lillian went up to her elbows, her body seeming so very weak at the moment. She was about to call out to the girl, to question her, however suddenly another person appeared coming up behind the young girl; their own arms extended reaching for the child.
“Come here brat!” the second person growled out to the young girl. Lillian noticed it was an older girl, probably in her teenage years, no older then her own age. This girl also had platinum blonde hair. The older girl was almost upon the younger one.
“Behind you!” Lillian yelled out to the young girl. The young girl stopped and turned around to face Lillian, a confused look upon her face. When the girl had turned to face Lillian, Lillian gasped, taken back at what she saw. It was her! The little girl was her as a child. The next thing Lillian saw was the girl behind little Lillian finally catch her.
“Got ya!” She yelled in triumph. Lillian eyes widened in disbelief as she then witnessed the girl grab a hold of little Lillian's head and expose her neck to strike and strike she did. Little Lillian cried out in pain.
Vampire! Lillian screamed in her head. Lillian began crawling on her hands and knees to reach and try and save the young girl from the vampire, her own body to weak to get to her feet.
Lillian watched the whole scene play out before her very eyes, watering soon as tears began to fall as she saw little Lillian reaching out for her, mouthing the word,
`Help me,' as the vampire drank her down. Lillian suddenly finally finding the strength to rise to her feet began running towards the girl.
“Let her go!” she yelled out to the vampire. The vampire paused and looked up at the approaching Lillian. Lillian froze. Red eyes. She saw red eyes and something else, it, it, it was her! The vampire was her!
“No!” Lillian screamed in defiance.
Lillian woke up gasping for air, her body slick with sweat. The dream, no maybe the nightmare was disappearing fast from her mind. The battles, the woman with the black eyes, the hallway, the little girl and the vampire, all gone. Lillian tried to hold on to the dream, tried to remember it all, however it was like holding water, cupped in your hands. It just slowly but steadily disappeared. The more she tried to remember the dream, the more she couldn't, it was just a total blank.
Lillian threw off her covers and headed to the bathroom, glancing at her alarm clock before she got out of bed. It had read, 8:35 pm. That meant it was past dusk. She had way overslept; normally she was up by at least four at the latest.
Once in the bathroom Lillian walked up to the basin to wash her face. She looked up into the mirror, God she really looked like shit, she mused. Her hair was all over the place, her skin was looking paler than usual, it had a sort of grayish tint to it. However it was her eyes that shocked Lillian the most and that was what scared her. They had an almost frightened look to them. They were partially blood shot and were not as bright blue as they usually were.
Eyes… eyes…Lillian's mind reeled as she thought on. Eyes! She remembered eyes from her dream, black obsidian eyes that were cold and reflected nothing. NO! Red eyes. Lillian remembered red eyes also. Lillian's heart rate sped up. Red eyes. Her eyes darted again to the mirror, to her own eyes. Relief flooded through her system and Lillian was able to breathe again, expelling her held breath. They were blue, still blue. It was then however did Lillian realize something else. The lights. She hadn't turned on the lights of the bathroom when she had entered. How could she see anything in the dark? Fear came rushing back as her blood froze and her heart sped up once again.
“LIGHTS! On full, one hundred percent!” she cried out. A second later the bathroom was flooded with light so bright that Lillian had to close and shield her eyes from it, blinded.
“Good God! Fifty percent! Light's fifty percent damnit!' she screeched out. Lillian felt the lights ease and darken although she waited a few more seconds before daring to open her eyes once more. A minute had passed and Lillian began slowly to open her eyes, looking once again at her reflection in the mirror. Her reflection looked the same as it did before, when the lights were off. Her eyes were still blue though. Still blue. Lillian sighed in relief once more, not quite sure if she should laugh or cry. Lillian couldn't think on the subject any more, as suddenly Lillian heard her bedroom door burst open.
“Lillian!” Someone yelled out in a shrill voice as they entered her chambers.
“Lillian, you slack arse! Are you awake yet? I don't care what Vincent says. Now get up!” they hollered out, loud enough to wake the dead. Lillian stayed silent, a shiver running down her spine. It was Grace.
Shit! Lillian thought with feeling.
“Lillian! I know you're in here! Get up! A ha!” she continued on yelling. Lillian heard her sheets ruffling. “What the? Lillian? Where the devil is she?” Grace asked herself, perplexed to why Lillian wasn't in her bed.
Lillian just looked at herself in the mirror mouthing the words, `why me?' She sighed out loud, knowing she'd have to face the music, so to speak. Face Grace. Resigning herself to her fate Lillian walked out of the bathroom knowing it was no use hiding; Grace would have found her regardless.
“Here I am Grace, what's up?” Lillian answered as she walked out of the bathroom to find Grace still looking at her bed. When Grace had heard Lillian's voice she whirled around to face her and sighed,
“There you are Lillian, God good give me a fright will ya. Anyway we are already behind schedule; it's time for you to get ready.” Grace answered holding on to her chest as Lillian had scared her when a voice had come out of no where. Lillian walked a few more steps towards Grace, rubbing her temples as she felt another head ache forming.
“Behind schedule? Huh? Time to get ready for what Grace?” Lillian asked, her voice tired and confused, she didn't know what the hell Grace was going on about. Lillian saw Grace put her hands on her hips and tap her toe in annoyance.
“For tonight of course you dummy. My stupid `groundment', I still can't believe you did that to me by the way, is over and tonight you promised me we would be going out partying and hopefully, heavens forbid find you a guy.” Grace answered. Lillian's mind was reeling,
“W..what..?” Lillian asked. Lillian felt Grace moving towards her,
“What do you mean what Lillian, you promised me remember. What's up with you?” Grace questioned, annoyance thick in her voice.
“Jeez, give a girl a break Grace, I just woke up.” Lillian answered.
“Yeah well wake up time over, luv. How can you even see in this dark? System, lights, eighty percent.” Grace questioned before calling out for the lights to engage. Lillian had to shield her eyes again from the brightness, though glad Grace didn't ask for them to be on full.
“Jeez, give a bit of warning next time Grace!” Lillian called out. She felt movement in front of her with seconds later a hand resting on her shoulder.
“Are you alright Lillian? You don't look so good hon.” Grace asked worried. Lillian lowered her arm that was shielding her eyes and opened her eyes to see Graces looking back at her.
“Yeah, I'm fine.” Lillian answered, a weak smile on her face. Grace frowned.
“Fine, Lillian you look like shit! Just what the hell did you get up to last night?” Lillian's eyes widened in response as her mind reeled back to last night. Seras, the priest, oh god Alucard! Was he alright? Lillian didn't remember much of last night at all, it was just a haze. Finally things became a bit clearer but not by much. She remembered having to feed Alucard some of her blood as he was injured, but nothing really before apart from her and Seras trying to find Alucard and the female Priest Anderson, then finding and feeding Alucard, but that was about all. But she was here home and Vincent hadn't informed her yet of any bad news, perhaps everything was fine, she must have just collapsed from blood lost. How much did that vampire take then? Lillian turned to Grace,
“Grace have you seen Alucard at all tonight?” she questioned. Grace looked taken back,
“Hot Red? No, I haven't seen him around. Why?” Lillian felt her eyebrow rise,
“Hot Red?” she questioned slowly. Grace grinned,
“Alucard, it my pet name for him. Yeah well he's always wearing red and he's so totally gorgeous and so I got the name Hot red. What of it?” Grace defended herself.
“Why do you have such a infatuation with him anyway? He's like over twice your age.” Lillian questioned, still perplexed over her friend's attitude towards Alucard.
“How many times do I have to tell you, one he's gorgeous, two he's hot and three he has one of those cool demeanors that just wants to make you swoon, his voice…sigh. Anyway he so can't be twice my age, I'm eighteen and by the looks of him he only looks like he has just hit his late twenty's, if that! Besides, a woman like me needs a man with sophistication and maturity. I'm tired of dating such little boys. I need a man, not a boy.” Grace declared with flair.
“Right…” Lillian stated, nodding her head slowly. “Anyway, I'm gong to have a shower now, to try and wake up some more.”
“Good, that'll give me some time to get your outfit ready!” Grace answered as she clapped her hands and began to walk out of the room. Lillian stopped her,
“You just said I looked like shit, I could not be feeling well, hell I could be dying for all you could care and you would still drag me with you tonight wouldn't you?” she called out. Grace stopped and turned back to Lillian, eying her over.
“Well you don't look dead or dying to me and besides going out for some fresh air, dancing to get the blood pumping and a bit of oh my god socializing for once Lillian would do you more good than any medication, not that you would take it from a doctor anyway.” Grace murmured her last sentence.
“Hey!” Lillian called out in defense. Grace only smiled widely, stating before she closed the bedroom door.
“You better hurry up luv, we're running far too late as it is. I've got a big night planned.”
“Oh joy.” Lillian grumbled to herself while rolling her eyes. Lillian really felt like taking a shower right now but first things first. She had to talk with Alucard. Lillian looked down at her attire to find she was wearing a white singlet top with some short sleeping pants. Yep, definitely not the correct attire to address Alucard with. So she made her way over to the wardrobe and put a robe on, smirking to herself over Grace's new pet name for Alucard, Hot Red, right. After belting her blue robe tightly around herself, Lillian made her way over to her bed once more and sat down, opening up her mind ready to call for Alucard. She took a deep breath,
“Alucard.” She called out, knowing he would hear her and soon arrive. She didn't have to wait long before she heard his voice carry out around the room.
“Yes, my dear Lillian. You called?” Lillian didn't jump in shock at him appearing from the left side of her, she somehow knew this time he would appear there. Though her eyes still widened slightly as she noticed in his bowing form that he wasn't wearing his usual red coat, his glasses and hat also missing. After hearing no response from her he raised himself up to his full height and smirked,
“It's so good to see you finally decided to rise from your slumber, master.”
Lillian just continued to stare up at him. God did he look different without his red coat, you never really notice he had a black suit underneath. Lillian realized his red cravat was also missing. The look made his hair seem darker, Lillian noticed now the length more without his coat and his eyes seemed brighter, they being the only red on his persons now. Lillian was beginning to take into account what Grace had said, he did actually look quite good and now that Lillian really looked at him he did seem to be only in his twenties, not early, but defiantly not late or early thirties as she had always thought him to be. She could have sworn though that he normally looked older than what she saw today. Lillian finally caught herself staring and noticed his grin had widened, shaking her head quickly she finally responded.
“Well it seems all my worry was for naught. You seem to be in good spirits tonight Alucard and you don't seem to be injured either.”
“Yes well after your generous donation of delicious blood I feel, how do you human's say, quite dandy actually.” He smiled, his fangs just peeking through. Lillian's eyes tensed,
“That reminds me, just how much of my blood did you take Alucard because I feel and been told that look like shit, not to mention now because of my so called generous donation I also feel so weak and tired and on top of that I still have to go out with Grace tonight.” She growled. She saw Alucard's face frown,
“That's odd.” She heard him murmur.
“That's odd? This is what happens to humans when they have their blood drained! You of all people should know this Alucard, no wait my mistake, they are pretty much dead after you drain them, so this must be like a new experience for you.” Lillian stated sarcastically while rolling her eyes. Alucard looked thoughtful as Lillian finished while crossing her arms in front of her,
“The last thing I need right now is to be anemic Alucard.” Alucard moved up to Lillian and grabbed her chin gently but firmly and looked down at her, into her eyes before turning her head slowly left to right.
“Hey, what's the big idea?” Lillian demanded.
“You do look quite poor Lillian. But why?” Alucard murmured, quite perplexed.
“As I said before, this is what happens to humans and I am human Alucard.” Lillian stated. Alucard's eyebrow rose slightly,
“If you say so.” Lillian frowned. What did he mean by that? She wondered. She shook her head,
“I do say so Alucard, now unhand me.” She demanded. Alucard smiled once again and let go of her chin. However he did not step back to where he was standing before. One small move from Lillian would cause their legs to brush against one another and from this position Alucard was towering over her in her seated position. She looked up at him and wanted him to move because of his height if she continued to look up it would cause her to get a crick in her neck.
“Do you know the meaning of personal space Alucard? As you are currently invading mine.” She replied her voice tense. For some strange reason she could feel Alucard's aura more acutely and she suppressed the feeling to shiver from the sheer density of it.
“My apologies master.” Was his reply as he took a single step back, his usual smirk on his face though. Lillian let out the breath she was holding and relaxed a bit more however the feeling of his dark aura was still there but it was more bearable now.
“Sure you are.” Lillian mumbled as she rolled her shoulders and looked across at him. He only smiled however and surprisingly took a few steps back and faced the curtain drawn window, staring out into the night.
“There is something I've been meaning to discuss with you Lillian, something important.” Alucard stated becoming fully serious. Lillian eyes tensed in suspicion.
“Go on.” Alucard faced her now,
“It's about an ominous feeling I have been having recently. There is a presence concealing themselves from me.” Alucard attempted to explain.
“Vampire?” Lillian questioned.
“I don't know and that is what has been so frustrating! It's almost as it waiting for something, for a correct time.” Alucard paced in front of Lillian. He stopped and looked at Lillian once more. “I still believe it to be connected with that power wave we encountered earlier.” Lillian sighed and rolled her eyes at his last sentence,
“Alucard honestly, not this again; we've been through this. There has been no greater number of suspicious incidents happening since the power wave you speak of. Our research has brought up nothing and you know as well as I that all research is done by MI5 and not the Hellsing Organisation, our mission objective is to search and destroy. Heavens Alucard, if anything Freak attacks has decreased these last few weeks.” Lillian answered, tired of this line of conversation already.
“Is not that suspicious enough Lillian? You know as well as I that the freak chip has been enhanced and distributed widely as well as numerously. From your own previous reports, freak attacks have increased exorbitantly this past year and then to have them suddenly decreased since the power wave.” Alucard countered.
“Sheer coincidence Alucard. I for one would like to look on the brighter side of this good fortune, this means that we are doing our job and less families are being shattered from freak attacks. It could also be that the freaks have become wary due to yourself and Seras presence.” Lillian shot back.
“What about all those missing women in your human newspapers? Is not that suspicious as it happened the around the same time as the power wave?” Alucard further questioned. Lillian looked taken back,
“I didn't know you read the papers Alucard.” She stated.
“It's not something I do often, so don't get any ideas.” Alucard shot back crossing his arms in front of himself.
“Alucard the missing women could have absolutely nothing to do with this power wave of yours. Unfortunately people go missing everyday. It is the police who handle those types of situations not the Hellsing Organisation.” Lillian further stated, sighing out loud. Alucard gave Lillian a hard look,
“I know you too felt something that night Lillian.” He stated darkly. Lillian returned his stare with one of her own.
“Believe what you will, Alucard. Besides the reason I asked you here was for you to report on what actually happened last night. Not for the same old conversation we have been having lately, I have enough problems on my plate as it is. Now back to last night…” She paused for a second before continuing on, “My memory is a bit hazy, you could say.” This sparked Alucard's interest,
“What do you mean by `a bit hazy' master?” he questioned. Lillian looked to the other side of the room, avoiding his face.
“Well I don't remember much of the night's events, that's all.” She answered.
“How much do you remember then?” he questioned. She looked back up at him, her facial features expressing annoyance and in her eyes just a bit of worry.
“Well I remember Seras bursting into the manor saying you were attacked and the both of us driving to your rescue,”
“You drove?” Alucard interrupted. Lillian glared at him, knowing where this was going.
“Poor Police Girl, but what's one more mental scar.” He answered indifferently, shrugging.
“Shut Up. There is nothing wrong with my driving. I've passed my recent test with a score of 83 and we made it there in once piece and I didn't hit anything, alive or not, so there. You ungrateful bastard, I just should of left you there.” She mumbled off. Alucard laughed in response. Lillian's eye began twitching.
“Please do continue master.” Alucard stated when he had sobered up. Lillian decided to let it go, she was on a time period anyway. Grace would no doubt be returning so and Lillian didn't want her coming in with Alucard still here.
“Fine, but this is where it starts to get hazy. I remember the warehouse and its bloody long hallway but then it gets a bit weird.” Lillian paused as she tried to collect her thoughts and memories together. “I remember seeing the priest and you being crucified on the wall with most of your blood drained.” Lillian paused again. “Then I think I must have gotten hurt somehow because I remember pain in my shoulder and that's where I think you got most of my blood from and why it's healed today. But that's about all really.” Lillian finally concluded.
“How odd.” Was Alucard's answer. Lillian stared up at him,
“How odd? Is that all you can say about it Alucard? My guess is that is all your fault anyway from all the blood loss I suffered.” She replied curtly.
“Blood loss would not cause your memory loss Lillian. Granted it may have contributed any memory loss during the feeding or what happened after but you had fainted anyway.” Alucard theorized.
“Hey I did not faint! I loss consciousness due to the blood loss! Big difference you bloodsucking leech!” Lillian retorted.
“If that's what helps you sleep at night master.” Alucard replied, his mouth curving into a grin. Lillian's eye started to twitch again.
“Oh you'll get yours vampire, mark my words…” Lillian seethed. Alucard's grin widened.
“Did you know that your threats are beginning to become meaningless master.” Alucard laughed. Lillian stood and grabbed a pillow off her bed and threw it at Alucard.
“That's it! Get out! Get out! Get out, get out! You blood sucking bastard! And now because of your insolence I expect a full handwritten report of last night's events on my desk by the time I get home tonight or you will not go on a single mission for the next three months! Got that vampire! How do you like that threat!” she seethed, her shoulders moving up and down in breathlessness. Alucard took the pillow as he had caught it in his hands when she had thrown it.
“What, no bullets this time Lillian?” he asked quite pleasantly. Lillian's fists clenched tightly.
“Get…out…now.” Lillian said again darkly, her teeth clenched. Alucard threw the pillow back to Lillian saying,
“It would be difficult for me to write this report of yours master, as I too have a `hazy' recollection of the nights events due to my own blood loss, as it had caused me to drift in and out of consciousness.” Lillian caught the pillow and threw it back onto the bed.
“Well then write all that you can, and it is to be in English too!” Lillian answered, knowing Alucard he would probably write it in some other language she wouldn't have a clue to decipher Lillian theorized. Alucard looked taken back,
“In English?” he questioned.
“Yes English.” Lillian stated.
“Why, I haven't written in English, in centuries. I've had no use to; it's never been required of me.” Alucard stated trying to remember the last time he actually did write something in English.
“Well you speak it quite fluently.” Lillian retorted.
“Speaking a language and writing one is completely different Lillian.” Alucard replied. Lillian only smiled, although it was not a nice smile.
“Well this will be a exciting new experience for you then now wont it, no doubt taking you all night. Have fun. Now leave.” Was her only reply as she walked to her bathroom door. When she looked back, Alucard was nowhere to be seen. Lillian nodded her head saying to herself,
“Good, he's gone. Serves him right the bastard. I'm having my shower now.” As she wondered to herself whether Alucard would actually write the report or not.

After leaving Lillian Alucard went down to the kitchen to get some more blood as he was still hungry and wasn't happy about this report business. He found Vincent in there however and so he decided to try and scare the man in attempt to lift his mood. Appearing behind the man he asked,
“What are you doing Vincent?” He saw Vincent twitch but not jump and he heard his heart only skip one beat. Disappointing.
“It's extremely rude to sneak up behind people without their knowledge Alucard.” Vincent answered.
“Don't blame me for your own shortcomings Vincent. Walter always knew when I was behind him.” Alucard merely stated as he walked around the kitchen's small island to face Vincent, his trademark smile on his face. Vincent's face visually tightened as he looked at the vampire, remembering what had happened the previous night and the…kiss.
“Well I am not my Grandfather, Alucard so don't confuse the both of us.” Was his reply.
“Yes I guess you're right. Comparing you to Walter would insult his memory.” Alucard answered, waiting for Vincent's reaction as he baited the man. He watched the man tense even further, felt Vincent's anger but to his disappointment Vincent only took a deep breath and replied.
“I will not sink to your level and dignify that with a response Alucard.” And went back to mixing the drink in front of him. Alucard walked over to the fridge that contained the blood packs and took one out, returning back to the other side of the island.
“I'll ask again Vincent. What are you doing?” Alucard asked as he opened the blood packet not bothering to warm it up.
“If you must know Alucard, I'm preparing an energy drink for Lady Lillian. Miss Grace came to me before saying that Lillian looked under the weather, no doubt from the blood you took.” Vincent replied curtly.
“Trust the Police Girl to blab her mouth. Give the drink to me Vincent. I'll take it up to Lillian. I have to see her anyway.” Alucard stated.
“I will take it to Lillian Alucard. I have to check up on her and give her tonight's report.” Vincent answered not looking up.
“Don't make me repeat myself again…Vincent. You can report to Lillian later.” Alucard replied darkly. Vincent heard the threat in Alucard's voice, felt the air grow colder. Alucard was emphasizing his point and position. Vincent's memories of last night came flooding back and his jaw pained in sympathy, it still wasn't completely healed from Alucard's blow. Vincent's eyes flickered to Alucard,
“Very well then.” Vincent replied curtly, giving the drink one last stir and placed it in front of Alucard as he walked out the kitchen door.
Alucard looked down at the energy drink in question to find it a thick pale white colour. The smell to him was totally unappetizing as well. Looking down at the drink and the blood pact in his hand, he wondered. Grabbing the spoon Vincent had left Alucard began to stir in some of the blood from his blood pack into Lillian's drink.
A minute later Seras walked into the kitchen looking for Vincent, surprised to find Alucard instead and without his red coat on.
“What are you doing Master?” she questioned when she saw him. Alucard turned around slowly, blood pack in hand has he drank it down. He paused when he faced Seras; he began to walk up to her,
“Why I'm having a drink Police Girl.” He smiled as he put the blood pack in Seras's face. “Want some?” he asked seductively.
Seras stared at the crimson liquid in front of her, feeling her fangs extend slightly while her mouth water. Shaking herself out of it, she shook her hands in front of her stammering,
“Oh no thanks, master. I've had my blood for today. I'm actually looking for Vincent. Have you seen him?” she asked trying to change the subject. Alucard looked disappointed,
“He already left.” He answered.
“Damnit, so I've just missed him. Well, thanks master.” Seras replied and began to walk towards the door. Getting an idea Alucard called her back.
“Police Girl.” She turned back, still smiling although hesitantly.
“Ah, yes master, something else?” she questioned.
“Yes. You are required to hand write a report on last night's events.” He stated. Seras looked shocked.
“But I've already typed up and handed in a report master. Why would I need to do another one?” she asked. Alucard's eyebrow rose. Getting his meaning Sears quickly added,
“Minus a few things though.” Alucard nodded his head.
“Good, you wouldn't want me to get angry at you for telling of things that are not meant to be told. That new Butler knows too much already and your loose tongue is not helping the situation.” Alucard stated coerce. Seras's anger flared,
“I have not told Vincent anything of your continuous `donations' of blood to Lillian. He's pretty much guessed it himself. He's not stupid nor blind, master.” Alucard moved up to Seras and began to circle her,
“He could be…” Alucard murmured, smiling down at Seras. Seras tensed in response, almost trembling she replied,
“You wouldn't dare.” Alucard laughed,
“Very protective of your little pet aren't we Police Girl? Have you even tasted him yet?” he asked. Seras crossed her arms in front of her.
“No.” she answered.
“How disappointing. He tastes so tantalizing, why I'm tempted to taste him again.” He whispered in her ear.
“You're cruel master.” Seras replied, hoping that he was only saying that to rile her up. Alucard stepped away from her and headed back to the kitchen's island, drinking the rest of the blood pack, turning around to face her once more as he clenched the finished blood pack in his hand.
“I'm a vampire and it's about time you started to act like one. We now live in precarious times, a dangerous threat is amongst the air and I know you sense it too. Your current power status is far below your age and your abilities are of poor standards to what they should be. It's about time you wake up to yourself Seras and stop these stupid human delusions you have, I now grow tired of them.” Alucard walked up to Seras once more, caressing her cheek gently,
“You chose this life remember. You could have chosen to remain human and die a human but you chose to come with me instead.” Alucard's face replaced his hand as he whispered his next sentence. “You can't keep this up forever Seras, soon your vampiric nature will arise in you, you felt the stirrings of it last night, remember…” With that little food for thought Alucard disappeared and reappeared again at the kitchen island, as if he never had left. Seras stood there silent and unmoving.
“I need that handwritten report done by tonight. It is to be written as if the events were happening through my eyes and I was telling the story.” Alucard stated, his back to her. Seras shook herself from her thoughts, finally realizing what it was Alucard was asking.
“Oh I get it, Lillian asked you to write a report for her detailing what happened last night, but you're gonna get me to do it instead. Am I right?” She questioned not being able to hide the anger in her voice. Alucard turned his head towards her, his trademark smile on his face,
“Well then you best insure you do it the way Lillian wants it now shouldn't you.” Was his reply before he disappeared.
“Great, just bloody brilliant, oh how lucky me.” Was Seras reply to herself as she stormed out of the kitchen, although her mind still not stable from what Alucard had said.

“Ah that's feels better.” Lillian said to herself as she walked out of her bathroom, dressed with a towel around her body, a second towel she was using to dry her hair more.
“Delighted you're feeling better master.” A voice sounded in her room. Lillian stopped in her tracks, she knew that voice well and as sure as shit, there was Alucard sitting on her bed staring at her as she stared at him. Lillian slowly blinked. Yep he was still there. Ensuring her towel was secure; she curbed her anger and politely as possible asked,
“Alucard, what are you doing here? I thought I had told you to get out.” Alucard raised his hand showing a glass containing a pinkish liquid.
“Vincent asked me to give this to you. Your human told him you weren't feeling well so he made up an energy drink for you, new and improved. It should help rebuild the red blood cells you lost.” Lillian was suspicious.
“Why didn't Vincent give it to me then?” she questioned. Alucard gave a shrug.
“Vincent asked me to insure you drink every drop for you would need all your strength to face tonight. His words not mine. I suppose he thought that with me here you would get the drink down your throat regardless.” Alucard answered smiling.
“Awfully generous and helpful aren't we Alucard?” was Lillian's reply getting the point; she could have this drink willingly or forcefully, it was her choice. Alucard got up off the bed and walked over to her, holding out the drink.
“Any opportunity to `help' you my dear Lillian is an opportunity only a fool would pass up.” He replied smiling wickedly. Seeing the drink in front of her, Lillian shifted from foot to foot.
“I'm kinda busy here at the moment, come back at a later time Alucard.” She stated trying to get out of it, she really didn't like energy boosters, they always tasted disgusting to her.
“Busy, master?” Alucard asked. Lillian's shoulders sank.
“Yes Alucard, busy getting dressed. So come back later.” She replied sounding annoyed.
“I was told your human was dressing you for this evening.” Alucard answered. Lillian snorted.
“Like hell she is. Her tastes run into the bizarre.” Lillian retorted. Alucard smiled,
“Yes, human female fashion has changed much over the centuries. Why after seeing the fashion of when I was last awake, I expected to see the females walk around practically naked now.” Alucard stated, reminiscing the past fashions he had seen.
“Not in England pal, but still it's scarily close enough.” Was Lillian's reply. Alucard sighed.
“Shame, for I so do appreciate the human female body.” Alucard stated seductively, looking down at Lillian. Lillian blushed when he heard his sultry voice and saw the look in his eyes, purely male. She pushed him away from her and secured her towel more securely,
“Yeah well appreciate somewhere else!” she retorted. Alucard laughed as he let her shove him.
“What a great idea, I know that human of yours is just waiting for an opportunity to allow me to fully appreciate her body.” Alucard stated, his voice almost purring. Lillian froze, her face flaring up again as Alucard laughed. Pointing her finger up at him she stated,
“You are not to touch her in anyway, rule one remember.”
“That was only to see her master.” Alucard stated. Lillian clenched her fist in front of her,
“Well now it's to see and touch. Got it?” she demanded. Alucard nodded his head, his usual smile on his face.
“Good.” Lillian concluded, knowing that was the best she was going to get. Lillian then turned around and headed to her closet to grab another robe to fully cover her. When she had securely belted it she turned around to find Alucard at the window, staring up at the sky. The energy drink still in his hand though.
The moon must have parted some clouds because Lillian noticed moonlight shining through her window now, on to him and boy did he look good. For her side on view Lillian could see the length of his hair more properly, reaching his middle back. His hair wasn't curly but it wasn't straight either as it was wavy and only curled at the ends. His unruly raven black hair seemed to shine in the moonlight and looked oh so soft.
Although he still didn't have his red coat on, his black hair contrasted against the black of his suit. He skin looked like it actually softly glowed against the black of his hair and suit and his red crimsons eyes were the colour of rubies. He did look younger, Lillian thought, remembering her thoughts from earlier. When she had first met him, he looked like he was in his thirties possibly late. But now he looked like his was in his early twenties, years off form hitting thirty. Alucard turned to face her then, saying,
“It's a beautiful night, is it not?” Lillian frowned,
“I guess, but Alucard, why do you look so young?” she asked, she just had to know. Alucard actually blinked, taken back with her sudden question. He shrugged as he answered,
“With sufficient blood, a vampire can look what ever age they wish. However a lack of blood and cause what you saw me as when we first met. When a vampire starves themselves it causes them to age, take Seras for example, how old do you think she looks now?” he questioned. Lillian thought about that before she answered,
“About twenty-five-ish, possibly older, she has a baby face still.”
“She was nineteen when I turned her.” Alucard stated. Lillian's eyes widened in disbelief.
“You serious?” she asked. Alucard nodded his head.
“It's another reason why she continues to starve herself. She likes the idea of aging like humans do. Because of the blood I have received from you, why I probably now look the age I was when I died.” He replied as he looked out into the night sky again through the window. Lillian asked her second question she was dying to know,
“Why are you not wearing you red coat or cravat as well?” Alucard turned to her and smiled.
“Well it seems I have gained a certain pet name I am not quite fond of, so I have begun to take measures to insure it is not spoken of.” He answered. Lillian laughed.
“Smart vampire. But you know she'll only think of a new one. Maybe hot black now.” Lillian snickered. Alucard only raised his eyebrow,
“Speaking of your human, she will no doubt be returning very soon and you have yet to drink your drink master.” Alucard stated as he walked up to Lillian, holding out the drink in question. Lillian only looked at it in disgust. Alucard sighed,
“Lillian you have to drink it, I promise you it will make you feel better. Now your human returns soon and I will not be leaving until you have drunk every drop. If not then I'm sure you already have an excuse ready to tell her when she enters to find me here and while you dress?” he asked. Lillian glared up at him,
“That's blackmail! And that human you speak of has a name, it's Grace.” Lillian retorted.
“Whatever, now drink.” Alucard stated firmly putting the drink right in front of her.
“Yes, father.” Lillian grumbled sarcastically as she took the drink and took begrudgingly a gulp. She paused and tilted her head,
“Hmm, this actually tastes really good. New and improved you say? I think I like it.” She stated and started to drink the rest down. Alucard smiled only smiled.
When Lillian had finished the drink she handed it back to Alucard and felt a hell of a lot better. Alucard held Lillian's chin again and with his thumb wiped the corner of her mouth.
“Told you so. Good girl.” And with that said he disappeared back into the shadows. It was perfect timing too, because a few seconds later, true to Alucard's word, in came Grace without a warning.
“Lillian you done yet?” she asked as she opened the chamber doors. Lillian turned to Grace not caring about her abrupt entrance as she was still perplexed at Alucard's behavior just now. It had reminded her of what her father used to do when she was a child. Lillian turned to Grace and answered,
“Yeah.” However Lillian's eyes widened in fear when she saw what Grace held in her hands.
“I'm so not wearing that!” Lillian exclaimed, backing away from Grace slowly. Grace only smiled at her and it wasn't a nice smile,
“Oh yes you are…” Grace grinned and pounced.
(A/N: thanks for reading, if you are kind and like me story, please leave a review )