Hellsing Fan Fiction ❯ Prelude to Eternity ❯ Seras' day off ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Not this time.” Trees blur past Seras as she picks up speed. “I can, I will…” Blood pounds in her veins and breath she does not need comes out in short pants. Dodging to the left and then right, she closes in on her victim. Tensing herself, she strikes with all her might.
Crash. Stopping stock still she breathes hard, listening with satisfaction to the tearing sounds behind her. When all is silent she turns and grins. “Yes.” Her victim this time is an unfortunate tree at the back of the Hellsing grounds.
After yesterday, she had been surprised to say the least when Sir Integra had given her the night off. She had truly expected some reprimand for not finding her target, but this, she had not expected.
“Officer Victoria. I have sent Alucard on a mission and I don't expect him to return until late tonight. You may have tonight off but you will stay away from the other troops. Understand?”
A small frown flits across Seras' face. Okay, so she had been given the night off, but Integra needn't have said anything like that. It wasn't as if she was going to go nuts with her training and actually hurt anyone. Storming towards her fallen target, she kicks the tree trunk, shifting the heavy flora a metre or so with the malicious prod. It brings a smile back to her face. “Well, if nothing else at least I'm improving.” With a grin she glances up at the sky, noting the light beginning to stretch across it. `Better get inside.'
A silent shadow follows the fledgling as she heads back to the mansion. It regards the fallen tree warily, her growing strength something that he is not looking forward to reporting to his Master. Suddenly, Seras turns, eyes narrowed as she searches behind her. “Is someone there?” she calls uncertainly and the shadow forces its self to fade a little, despite the drain the growing sunlight puts on its power. “Master, is that you?” The fledgling is moving towards him now, his precautions taken too late and he realises that she knows he's there. “Master, this isn't funny. If you have something to say then come out!” She is now annoyed. The infuriating man making her itch for something to strike. “Master I,” She stops, uncertainty growing. But usually she can smell him, that give-away scent unique to her Master isn't present. “Master?” She is frowning deeply and it disturbs her follower that she is staring straight at him. Anger pulses through him. Insolent child. How dare she think to question him!
“Go back to the mansion fool.” The growl takes Seras by surprise and she starts a little. The deep voice had sounded almost in her head. The tone in the velvety voice is clearly dangerous, a warning she should heed. “Ah, but I…” A strong grip takes her arm and she feels herself wrenched toward the mansion. “Ow, Master, you're hurting me!” A low growl cuts off her complaint and she pales, finally getting the hint. She feels him lean close to her and his breath travels over her neck, sending shivers down her spine. His fangs trail over the mark on her neck and she feels it burn at his touch. Something doesn't feel right to Seras, this isn't his usual teasing. The pain in her arm grows and she feels something fracture, faults running along the bones already stressed by Alucard's earlier reprimand. Beginning to feel frightened, she struggles against her captor. “Such strength little one.” he purrs. All of a sudden, she feels a clear picture of his intentions and panic courses through her as his elongated fangs scrape painfully against her. “Master, stop, please!” Her struggles grow and she knows that he is doing it on purpose. The mark of her sire flames angrily against her skin and she sees red. “NO!” Tearing herself free, she feels her arm shatter, his teeth drawing blood as she pushes away from him. He watches as her eyes turn a deep crimson, body readying itself for attack. “Dammit, I said NO!” Her angry words fly unanswered and she suddenly realises that he is gone. Baring her teeth, she growls angrily into the morning, “Bastard.”

“More of them Alucard?” He nods, ever-present grin barely ghosting his lips. Integra frowns, anxiety growing in the staid woman. Alucard can sense his Master's discomfort, an unusual feeling in her, a feeling which, almost instantly, becomes anger. “Dammit. They'll pay.” He grins, he would be disappointed if she had reacted any other way. Tauntingly, he reaches into her mind, pushing images of the crime scene to the forefront. “All of them official forces Master. I believe there was even a detective of Scotland Yard among them.” The young knight growls at her subordinate and threatens, “Get out of my head Alucard, I have seen the reports.” He grins as he fades, already tiring of the teasing. “As you wish, my master.”

Pain explodes through her body. “Master!” He cackles at her cries. “Master, why?” She tries desperately to keep him in front of her, but he is stalking her, moving lightly through the shadows of the halls. Seras fights to quell the panic that is beginning to overwhelm her, the psychotic glint in his eyes the only giveaway in the inky darkness of her surrounds. “Master, stop this, pl…” She is cut off as he materializes behind her, one hand gripping her by the hair and the other pulling painfully at her limb, twisting her injured arm. He tears her head to the side, exposing her neck to him and she can just see his eyes darken, “Please Master, no…” Her voice is a whimper, all hope escaping her and she feels his mark burning against her skin. He bends his head forward and she braces herself for the searing agony, the agony she knows now that he can inflict with his bite. “Please no…” Her whimpers fall on deaf ears as he sinks his incisors deep into her flesh. “Master!”
`Master!' Alucard's head snaps up at his fledgling's agonized call, his peaceful sleep now shattered. Growling, he materializes his cloak and hat with a offhand thought. What trouble has his childe found at this time of the day?
Alucard steps through a dark portico into his fledgling's chambers, on guard for any sort of attack. The room is empty save the desperate sounds that emanate from her coffin and the smell of fresh blood. He probes her mind as he approaches the coffin, curiosity overcoming his irritation at being woken so early. The confused chaos of her thoughts stings him and he pushes harder, the need to understand angering him. Mental barriers like shards of glass haphazardly erect themselves before his intrusion, not strong enough to keep him out, but vicious and desperate, a deterrent to his prodding. With a growl he reaches her coffin and slams back the lid, tearing it from it's runners, to reveal his thrashing fledgling. The smell of her blood rages in his heightened senses. Her eyes open instantly and she screams, the high pitched audio assault of a desperate draculina and he actually takes a step back as she flings herself from the coffin. She darts quickly to the back wall of her room, his body blocking the direct path to the door and she regards him with frantic eyes, a trapped animal.
Her hair is mussed and he notes that she nurses her arm almost imperceptibly. A tear in her flesh, right over his brand, trickles hot blood down the collar of her crumpled uniform. “Police Girl. What's going on?” His voice is smooth, almost concerned at her appearance. She hisses sharply at him and he knows that her instincts are running high, a definitive sign of her distress. “Answer me!” His voice rises with the demand, patience thin at such an hour, he is having trouble holding onto concern for his disobedient fledgling. When she doesn't answer he takes swift action, moving blindingly fast to pin her against the wall of her room.
“Seras Victoria, you will obey your Master!” Something shatters in her eyes and he watches his fledging break in front of him, a strange sight for the fiery young lady, never has she shown him such a face. Her entire body grows limp in his grasp and her head drops forward, almost making contact with his shoulder. Her voice is strained. “I am sorry Master.” He relaxes his grip and steps away from her, eyes never leaving hers. “Police Girl, you are injured.” He states it, not entirely looking for an explanation. Whatever she was dreaming about has left her terrified, not an emotion he sees often in his stubborn midian. Without further words, he sweeps her up into his arms and deposits her on her bed, ignoring the way she shies herself from his touch. Standing before her, he reaches for the arm she is nursing and she makes to pull away from him. With a low growl he claims the limb, long slender fingers pressing into and exploring it deftly. “A greenstick fracture.” She watches him timidly and the combination of her fear and fresh blood frustrates him no end. “This should have healed Police Girl, you have not been drinking.” He is not accusing her, though his voice holds a little malice. As he releases her arm, she stands obediently and moves to the table in the center of the room. He watches silently as she picks up the defrosted blood pack and simply consumes it. No mess. No fuss. No arguments. The enigma deepens. He frowns and approaches her, his fledgling's strange behavior becoming more of a concern each passing moment. She flinches away as he takes her, almost tenderly, by the shoulders. `Relax Police Girl.' His velvet baritone sounds in her head and her body wilts. Catching her carefully in his grasp, her Master carries her back to her bed and deposits her sleeping form. With a frown of concentration, he reexamines her arm. `It is mending. Good.' He studies her sleeping face for a moment. Never, not even in Cheddar, has he seen his fledgling display such desperation. Leaning low over her, he laps at the blood staining her neck, sealing the wound gently with firm swipes of his tongue. He straightens with a scowl on his face. She carries the scent of scum.

That's chapter three. I hope I haven't confused anyone, but this story is getting more complex. I blame the characters. As always, read and review. You have the power to make my day :3 lol
Disclaimer: Nope, not mine.