Hellsing Fan Fiction ❯ Spoils of War ❯ Part I ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

a/n: This story was originally posted on AFF. Since it is my first continuation fic, I decided to post it there first because I rather larger fanbase that I knew would be honest with me as well. Spoilers (um. Sort of) up to chapter 70 of the manga.
 
Disclaimer: These characters are not mine, they belong to Kohta Hirano. Who is not me. Obviously. Please don't sue as I am quite poor.



”Spoils of War”

Part I



Memory teased her brain, too fresh, still a gaping wound in her psyche. Once more Integra Hellsing beheld the compound in ruin. She stepped over a ruined body that had once been one of Pip's Wild Geese.

There was blood soaking the carpets, splashed darkly across the walls. All she could think of that this mess would be dealt with by her own hands. She would have to bury the bodies of the dead; she would have to fill in the bullet scars and holes left in the walls and ceiling. Perhaps Seras and Alucard would help, or perhaps they would just sit back and watch her cope with the horrors of warfare, the gross aftermath.

For the first time in her life, she was at a loss. Most of England, as well as other parts of The United Kingdom and Europe, were completely wasted. London had been wiped off the face of the earth. There was nothing left to Hellsing aside from herself and the vampires who served her.

“And so it goes,” Integra murmured, “Monster triumphs over his master at last.” She had never truly believed that it would come down to this, had always imagined that some manner of reality would intervene. Yet it stared her in the face, the truth of her emotions and the inevitability of her downfall.

Soft footsteps from behind made her stiffen even if she knew who it was. Integra was both disgusted and surprised over her fear.

“I suppose that you're quite pleased with yourself,” Integra spoke without turning.

“Aren't you?” Alucard asked, voice rich with amusement, quite suddenly close to her. His breath whispered her temple and she hated the mingling of excitement and desire that his nearness could create in her.

She laughed in quiet bitterness, “I think that if I am honest with myself, I can admit that I would have eventually made the decision to follow you into my death. It seems that somewhere along the line, I fell in love with you, although I'm not entirely sure why.” Integra turned at last to face him, gestured with open palms at the destruction all around them, “but I never wanted this.”

His lips curled into something soft and unusually sane, very nearly a smile but somehow it faltered as such. “You needed to lose everything in order to realize what you couldn't live without.”

“Hellsing was my life's work, Alucard,” Integra shook her head, “Without it….” She broke off with a small sigh as she stepped away from him, “but it's more than that. All of England is in chaos, and somehow I can't help but to feel responsible. I fear if the queen is still alive, the blame will be placed upon my head.”

“Hm…no. I don't think that you fear it. It would make you very angry, I imagine.”

“Angry? What right would I have? They weren't really attacking England; it was all about the organization.” Integra scowled, “All this destruction just to be rid of Hellsing. God damn them….”

“They're all dead,” Alucard assured her, “and this time they'll stay that way. It's no use thinking on what has happened; you'll only drive yourself mad.”

Integra looked at him, studied his features before sighing low and wearily. So my future is to be dead, in one form or another, she thought bitterly. Is this self-destruction or selfishness? Can't I just move on, leave Seras and Alucard to their own unlives and pursue something…more mundane? Integra tried to picture herself with a normal life, and it was more difficult that she cared to admit. She much preferred the idea of staying with Alucard and Seras, even if it meant the loss of her humanity.

Anyway, it would be completely mad to unleash Alucard, free him upon an unsuspecting world. Even if becoming a vampire broke the bonds of master and servant, she knew that she would still be able to control and soothe him.

“If this is to happen,” Integra looked him in the eye without fear, “Either do it quick or make it horrible.”

Alucard smiled, amused, “You would seek to decide how you die?”

“I think I have that right,” Integra replied softly but firmly. “I won't be seduced like some cheap little trollop in a bad Gothic romance. Kill me and turn me; I doesn't matter to me how. Kill me the way you killed Seras, for all I care.”

His lips twisted faintly with disdain, “Seras got a dog's death. Perhaps it was fitting at the time, but there was no grace to it. I would not subject you to such a thing. You, my master, deserve something far sweeter. Not seduction, I agree with you on that, but I want you to know the intimacy of death.”

Integra scowled, “Must you be so romantic about it?”

Alucard laughed, cupped her cheek with surprising tenderness. She didn't know why the gesture startled her. He had always been somewhat gentle with her. “I have been waiting so very long for this. Won't you indulge me just this once?”

For a long moment, Integra stared into his eyes. She wanted to fight him but in the end she realized it really didn't matter. The result would be the same.

“Understand,” Integra murmured, “That I will never call you master.”

He kissed her once, softly on the mouth. His lips curved into a small smile. “I wouldn't dream of it.”


*~*~*~*

Alucard had fantasized about Integra's death the way some men fantasized about bedding a lover for the first time. He had pictured dozens of scenarios, some highly sadistic and complex, others darkly seductive, still more absurdly simplistic.

Despite his protests, he was strongly considering adhering to her need to get it over with. He had waited for far too long and it would be so easy to shoot her somewhere vital, watch her bleed until the sight of her blood overwhelmed him, and then take her quickly and mercilessly. Yet such a turning seemed akin to a bodice-ripping love scene in those romance novels Integra so hated.

For a long time, he studied her as they stood in the darkness of her bedroom. There was no electricity running through the compound even though it had a back-up generator. He supposed that it had either been destroyed during the conflict or had run itself into death.

Alucard watch her squint her eyes behind her glasses. Soon she would no long need to wear them.

“What are you waiting for, Alucard?” Integra snapped. He could practically smell the anxiety coming off her like a heady perfume.

Alucard regarded her carefully, her stiff spine and slightly wide eyes. Was she actually afraid? He couldn't really fault her. Death was a mortal dread and even a strong will and fearless disposition couldn't always fight that instinct of fear.

“Undress…please,” he entreated in his softest, most reasonable voice.

Integra scowled of course, “no sex games, Alucard. I told you I wouldn't stand for it.”

“It has nothing to do with sex,” he replied smoothly and with a small smirk, “I wouldn't want to get such a nice suit all bloody.”

Integra snorted but seemed to see his point. Ah vanity thy name is woman, he mused with some amusement. She undressed, all business, never teasing, but he enjoyed it all the same.

When she was standing nude before him at the foot of her bed, he openly admired her body. She was a bit thinner than he would have liked, stress having made her hipbones slightly sharper and ribs press a bit more prominently against her flesh. Yet she would always be lovely to him, and perhaps she looked a little bit more feral now. Her breasts were full, tipped with dusky rose-coloured nipples. He was tantalized, touched by longing.

Days of feasting on blood provided him with an eager, insistent erection as his eyes swept over her tawny skin, down to the virgin cleft of her sex. The soft outer lips of her labia were lightly dusted with flaxen gold hair, not shaven but perhaps regularly trimmed. In that moment he realized how desperately he wanted her in a purely carnal way.

“I hope that you don't expect me to lie down on the bed,” Integra told him scornfully, no doubt reading into his lustful expression.

Oh yes, he wanted her to lie down on the bed, but that would come later. Instead, driven by impulsive desire, he took out his Casul and aimed at his master's midsection.

As it often was, Integra had quite the valuable point.

The sound of the gunshot echoed throughout the room like a clap of thunder. It was fortunate that he had remembered to instruct Seras to leave them be no matter what she heard. The force of the bullet hitting her in the stomach knocked her back and she sprawled limply onto the bed. Though the wound was massive, he'd carefully shot a tiny bit closer to her lungs to ensure that the round didn't sever her spine. Even the power of his blood couldn't have saved her from that kind of injury.

He calmly put away his gun and walked across the room to stand over her. Alucard stared at her as she lay bleeding, obviously suffering, and watched as her life slowly ebbed away. He was pleased that she did not weep or cry out as she died. Robbed of her speech, she moaned softly, eyes blazing dully with some unnamed emotion.

Alucard leaned down and delicately lapped at the blood that bubbled copiously from the wound and shuddered with pleasure. She still had the sweetest blood he'd ever tasted. He gazed affectionately as great crimson rivulets dripped down her thighs, stained the pale curls that framed her sex.

Beautiful, he thought.

She slowly moved her head to the side and coughed violently. A bright streak of blood streaked across the silk comforter. When she looked back at him with eyes bright as stars, he exhaled a pointless gasp of wonder. The last spark of life was breathtakingly gorgeous on her.

“Finish…it….” Integra hissed, her voice wavering and weak. He didn't hold it against her.

Alucard sat on the bed and gathered her into his arms. She was so light, seemingly boneless. He kissed her once, licked the blood at the corner of her mouth, and then bowed to sink his fangs into her neck.


*~*~*~*

She was kissing him and his tongue was in her mouth. It was bloody, fluid thick and cold, running down her throat. She swallowed without question, even as she exhaled her final breath.





to be continued….