Hellsing Fan Fiction ❯ The Student ❯ The beginning ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Alucard walked down the street in his normal attire minus his hat the sun would be coming up soon, he could stand under the sun he just hated it. He had been free for about a year now, Integra didn't take well to be a vampire after he turned her, and Seras finally became a no-life king and wondered off to be her own vampire. Now he was, well he rather bored, and that was never a good thing. Sure every once in a while he'd get a call from Walter, who took over as the head of Hellsing, because he needed him to do a job, but that wasn't often.
 
Alucard had notice a girl walking not too far up a head, and she was a vampire, looked to be about twenty. She was fairly new though, no big power coming from her, but she was a genuine vampire not some human made freak. She had headphones on and she was singing along with it.
 
What Alucard noticed most though was her attire. She wore fairly baggie black pants, and a blood red button up top that was open and came up in the light wind to show off a tight black top and what looked to be a sheath that was probably holding a short sword. Sure he had seen Seras clothing and he had been around for a long enough time to easily see changes without much surprise, but Seras was like a daughter figure, and there was something different about the way this girl carried herself. Not overly confident but not shy, laid back was more the word for it.
 
 
The name of the girl that Alucard was so intently watching was Ember. She knew he was back there, but didn't really care. Ember also new who he was, he was Alucard the former dog of Hellsing. But he was getting annoying, sure she might have only become a no-life king around five years ago, a mere child to him, but enough was enough, she'd let him know that she was aware of him.
 
Ember watched a head of her a few seconds more to make sure that no one would run into her if they weren't watching, before she stopped and looked back at him over her shoulder.
 
He averted his eyes from her hips to her face to see what she hoped was a bored look and not a “what the hell do you want” look. She for the most part succeeded, and Alucard stopped walking, a heavy air hanging between them as they watched for a challenge most people avoided being directly in the way of the two, on some level knowing that if one were to attack they'd have no qualms with going through anything in their way.
 
When no challenge was made apparent Ember went back to walking until she heard a growl coming from Alucard. She stopped immediately and turned all the way around to look at him. She noticed that he wasn't holding a weapon; for the most part he looked exactly like he did a second ago except that he was looking at her over his yellow/orange glasses expectantly.
 
Then it clicked in Ember's head he wanted her to ask if she could leave. Ember gave him an apologetic smile earning her a smirk from Alucard, before her smile turned into a smirk of her own and she flipped him off. Ember took a second to register the utterly shocked look on his face before she turned around and started to walk away again.
 
Ember could tell he was pissed, to say the least, but she just reached in her pocket and turned up the music to help her ignore the feeling she's getting.
 
“That wasn't very smart…” drifted through her head, over powering the music.
 
“Screw off; I don't need to take orders from a dog.” Ember thought to him before pushing him out of her mind and throwing up her walls to insure that he for the most part staid out.
 
Ember turned off the CD player slipping the small headphones into her pocket before she ran down an alleyway. He wouldn't follow her, or at least she hoped he had to have better things to do then to chase down vampire he didn't even know the name of.
 
She came to a dead-end but merely used the two walls to get over, pushing off of one jumping to the other and then up to the top and over landing safely on her feet in a crouching position. Ember looked in front of her only to be greeted by black pants, boots, and a red duster.
 
“Come on you have to do better then that to beat this dog.” Alucard said venomously.
 
Ember fell on to her butt looking up at him and said, “I don't suppose it's too late to ask you to forget all that and I just be on my merry way.”
 
“Oh, but it is to late Ember…” Alucard said as he kneeled down in front of her. She was stronger then he thought, just untrained, if you wanted to call it that. He had gotten through her barrier with a little prying she just wouldn't listen to him.
 
Ember growled, “Get out of my head…”
 
“Or what you'll cut off my head?” Alucard laughed darkly. “That doesn't work with me, nor would you ever be able get your hand back far enough to get that sword you have conveniently placed on your back.”
 
Ember sank back lower against the wall behind her as she said nervously, “I don't suppose I could just do you a favor and we call it even?”
 
“And what exactly could you offer me?” Alucard asked as he watched her carefully to make sure she didn't decide to phase through the wall, assuming that she could.
 
Ember shrugged sheepishly, saying, “I'm not sure but I can sure as hell try something, because I really want to leave here with all my body parts intact.”
 
Alucard looked her over and then stood up and away from her. “You're untrained you couldn't be of any use to me when I needed it.”
 
“Hey I'm just as good as anyone!” Ember said as she got up glaring at him. “But hey excuse me for not meeting your all masterful ones standards.”
 
“Are you kidding?” Alucard said a slight chuckle escaping him. “My last fledgling had more training then you and she absolutely refused to drink blood for a good portion of the time that I knew her.”
 
Ember had half a mind to tackle him, and then chop off everything she could get her hands on. “Fine then kill me and get it over with, I have no wish to be mocked by the likes of you.”
 
Alucard merely shrugged at this and said a satisfied smirk on his face, “I could always train you.”
 
Ember had turned around expecting to be killed, but then she flipped around half yelling in joy, half in suspicion, “You'd do that!?”
 
“I have nothing better to do…” Alucard said watching Ember with an amused look in his eye, “I need something to do to pass some of my eternity away.”
 
Ember, forgetting herself, tackled him in a hug cheering, “Yes! Someone's finally going to teach me something useful!”
 
“Happy aren't we?” Alucard asked eyeing the girl as she shied away from him with a nervous laugh.
 
“I spent most of my time as a fledgling seducing food, can you really blame me?” Ember said with a shrug. “It was tedious after a while, and do you know how awkward it is to try and seduce the same gender?”
 
“So I take it your master was a man.” Alucard said as he started walking away.
 
Ember followed after him with an answer, “Yeah, the most perverted man I've ever met at that.”
 
“Right.” Alucard said looking over his shoulder at her. “Will you walk next to me, you might not be as highly skilled as me, but you're no fledgling.”
 
Ember matched his pace at his side as she watched were he was taking her. “Where are we going?” Ember asked after getting impatient.
 
Alucard smirked and said, “Oh well you see if I told you then it wouldn't be as fun.”
 
“If were going to the Hellsing manner don't waist my time just stake me now.” Ember said glaring at him.
 
“No, I wouldn't take you there, that would be a tragedy just waiting to happen.” Alucard said shaking his head. “And as much as I love chaos I don't need to loose my new student not twenty-four after I met you.”
 
“Some how I think you're insulting me…” Ember said wearily.
 
Alucard chuckled darkly at this. “You'll do well, I can tell.”
 
“So you were insulting me…” Ember sighed.
 
“Kind of, well actually yes. But put it this way I'm insulting you to make you better.” Alucard said watching her carefully. “I wouldn't take you to Hellsing because it would end in your death…not to mention that place provides my fun every once in a while.”
 
“Wondrous…” Ember said sarcastically.
 
~
 
“This place is…big…” Ember said not sure where to start. Big was an understatement, and it was well furnished though a little extravagant for Embers taste.
 
“It's home…” Alucard said with a shrug.
 
“You seemed so attached…” Ember said sarcastically. “It must mean so much to you.”
 
“Really I think Walter gave it to me so I'd move out of the basement in the Hellsing manner and stop messing with the soldier's heads.” Alucard said as he lead her up stairs.
“You made them think you were eating them, didn't you?” Ember asked as she followed after him.
 
“Among other things.” Alucard said with a leer. “But what else was I supposed to do, they were all so annoying, most of them deserved it.”
 
“Say's you…” Ember said shaking her head. “They probably looked at you the wrong way, or some small thing like that.”
 
“Actually yes.” Alucard said it so truthfully that it freaked Ember out. “But you'd know all about that wouldn't you.”
 
“Technically I don't think I pissed you off until I flipped you off.” Ember said in an “as a matter of fact” way.
 
“Technically you haven't pissed me off as of yet.” Alucard said looking over his shoulder at her as they walked down the hallway. “I wouldn't have agreed to be your teacher if you had.”
 
After they passed about three doors Alucard opened one and walked in after ushering her in. “This will be your room, assuming you don't already have a place, but the sun should be coming up soon, and unless you can walk in sunlight which I doubt you can, I suggest you stay here.”
 
“I rather stay here anyway, if that's ok with you.” Ember said as she walked over to the bed looking around before sitting on it. “Don't answer that, you wouldn't have offered me the room if you didn't expect me to stay in it.”
 
“Very good.” Alucard said as he headed back for the door.
 
“When do we start?” Ember asked before he walked out of the room.
 
“You'll know.” Alucard said looking back at her. “Also don't go in any room that has a locked door. It's locked for a reason.”