Hellsing Fan Fiction ❯ The Student ❯ Which One ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ember lazily walked downstairs sometime around three o'clock to be greeted by an empty living room. This didn't bother her she had expected as much at this time of day, the sun wouldn't set for a few more hours; she walked over and sat down on the couch. She noticed the windows had pitch black drapes covering them. Not a single ray of sun would be getting through those things.
 
Ember looked around finding a book sitting on a side table. She leaned over and grabbed it before sitting back and looking it over. It didn't look like a regular book it looked like a journal. She opened to the first page to see it was empty and she opened to a random page and noticed it had writing not type confirming her suspicions that it was a journal.
 
Ember snapped it close she wasn't about to read something that might get the Jackal pointed at her by an angry Alucard. She put the book back and leaned on the armrest of the chair glaring at it for not being a regular book. She had heard the saying curiosity killed the cat more then once, but those times she had always said back only if the cat gets caught being curios.
 
“No…” Ember growled to herself moving over to the other side of the couch. Alucard would know, especially if he had written it. She'd just stay there and ignore the book.
 
~
 
“Ember wake up.” Alucard said dropping her sword in her lap.
 
“I'm up…” Ember growled lightly not moving from her spot on the couch. Little did she know that was not the right thing to do.
 
Alucard sighed at this and glared down at the girl, for someone who had been so happy when he said he would teach her she sure did loose her enthusiasm. “You have one more chance to move your ass before you regret not listening to me…So move it!” All this got from Ember was a fiercer growl. “Fine.” Alucard said calmly as he moved her sword off her lap and then grabbed the front of her shirt jerking her off the couch.
 
Ember's hands shot to Alucard's wrist holding her self up. “I'm up!” Ember yelped.
 
“I can see that…” Alucard said smugly, setting her down on her feet. “Grab your sword it's time for day two.”
 
~
 
“Alucard seriously don't you at least want something to block me with?” Ember asked as she fell into stance with her sword out in front of her.
 
“You won't be able to kill me, and the odds are slim that you'll even scratch me.” Alucard said, calmly standing a few feet in front of her.
 
“Fine…” Ember lightly growled. “Tell me when.”
 
“Remember your goal is to hit me, go all out and don't be afraid to cut off a few of my body parts I'll just regenerate.” Alucard said as he watched Ember shift her wait slightly. “Go ahead.”
 
Ember ran at him with inhuman speed, but even so Alucard easily moved out of the way. Ember spun around just barely missing the back of Alucard's head. “I'm going to hit him at least once even if it kills me…” Ember thought as she tried again.
 
~
 
“Some how I think you cheated…” Ember growled as she glared at Alucard. “I've been going at this for over a half hour. Oh and also you haven't taught me anything…well fazing, that worked, but I just don't see any point in this lesson…”
 
Alucard simply shrugged a grin set on his features. “I didn't cheat. You're just not as experienced as me.”
 
“Yeah, yeah oh masterful one…” Ember said sarcastically as she sheathed her sword on her back.
 
“A new fledgling so soon Alucard?” Walter questioned as he walked up to the pair where they were standing in the open field they had been using the night before. “Miss having someone to boss around that much?”
 
“Ah, Walter good timing.” Alucard said walking over and greeting his old friend. “But, no, Ember isn't my fledgling, just my student.”
 
“He's taught me one thing…” Ember said walking over to greet the older man. “And wasted my time…”
 
“I don't have to teach you anything.” Alucard growled down at Ember. “So shut up and show him some respect.”
 
“Sorry…” Ember grumbled looking off to the side.
 
Alucard glared at her for a moment more before looking over at Walter asking, “Is there something you need, or did someone call about two vampires playing with sharp objects?”
 
Ember went to say something but Alucard's voice rang through her head, “Say one word on the subject and I'll shoot you in the leg…arm and gut.
 
“I came here to ask if you could take down a freak club.” Walter said with a nod. “The men are willing to go but I'm afraid we'd loose too many.”
 
“Which one?” Ember asked, mostly without realizing it.
 
“What do you mean which one?” Alucard said looking down at Ember with an amused glint in his eye. “Do you of more then one?”
 
“My old master was addicted to them…He insisted that he drag me around to quite a few…” Ember said as she moved over about a foot, so she wasn't right next to Alucard.
 
“Well then, Walter, tell us the one you're talking about and we'll take care of a few others.” Alucard said as he started leading the way back to the road.
 
Ember stood still a while before running up beside Alucard yelping, “We?! Did you say we!”
 
“I also said us but you have the drift.” Alucard grinned more to himself then her. “You insisted that I wasn't teaching you anything, so I'm sure this will be a lovely learning experience.”
 
“Do you know how big those things are?! Do you have any idea how many things go to those places? They're not just freaks, fucking werewolves, regular vampires, and demons.” Ember growled naming off things with her fingers.
 
“You'll be fine.” Alucard said patting her head.
 
Ember fell back a little and started grumbling, “I'm going to be killed, not just killed brutalized, bled out to within an inch of my undead life, tortured, and then killed.”
 
“Stop complaining!” Alucard shouted back at her.