Here Is Greenwood Fan Fiction ❯ Winter Blackout Sleepover ❯ Winter Blackout Sleepover ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Winter Blackout Sleepover
By Sankekorafi
Chapter 1
“Suka… Suka… Suka!”
Hasukawa Kazuya opened his eyes blearily, vaguely aware that he had been dreaming about being out in the snow… or something. “What IS it?” he asked his roommate, annoyed.
He had been asleep, for the first time in a while. Shinobu was occasionally late to the dorm several nights at a time, and had to be let in via the window. Kazuya didn't feel comfortable with this happening without his supervision. Shinobu was the only person Hasukawa would allow to do this, of course. Except maybe Mitsuru.
“I'm cold. Go turn the heat on.”
“Why do I have to?”
“You're the Dorm President.”
Oh… yeah. And now that he was awake, he realized it was cold. Probably why he had been dreaming of snow….
What time is it? he wondered.
He glanced behind him at the electric clock, expecting to read its red numbers. Instead he was presented with its black face. “Shun…” he asked. “What time is it?” The longhaired boy had a similar clock. One of the clocks had to work, right?
“I dunno… my clock is dead.”
Hasukawa sighed. “There must be a power outage.”
“Okay… why don't you go check the fuse box.”
The redhead, still half awake, jumped out of his bed, landing on the floor somewhat off balance, but still on his feet. His toes almost froze to the floor, and he could see a thick layer of ice over the window. Putting on his slippers, he exited the room… then realized he had no idea where the fuse box was. Muttering to himself about longhaired roommates that woke you up in the middle of the night, he walked next door, where the former Dorm President resided.
He opened the door, for once uncaring how impolite this visit was, and opened the top bunk curtain, to see Mitsuru's bed. “Mitsuru, I…”
But there was no one there. Panicking, he looked around the room, but then heard a calm voice from the bottom bunk. “What do you need, Suka?”
“I need to talk to Mitsuru… I think we blew a fuse and…”
“There's a Tokyo-wide power outage. Nothing you can do about it now. Go back to sleep.”
“Well I'd still feel better if I talked to Mitsuru. Where is he?”
“Don't worry, he's safe.”
Right. Like he was going to trust Shinobu. Right now, though, it would be a far more polite and informative conversation if he could talk to the boy face to face. Irrationally, he was too tired to think, Suka opened the lower curtain… and let out a surprised yelp.
Shinobu was looking at him from close to the edge of the bed. Next to him was… a very asleep Mitsuru. That wasn't the weird thing though; Mitsuru appeared to have a death-grip around Shinobu's chest. “What…?” Suka asked, not even able to formulate a question.
“It's cold. Mitsuru is a heat magnet. I will not let my roommate freeze. You should do the same. Now, if you'll excuse us,” Shinobu, face still completely without emotion, shut the curtain in Suka's face.
After a few seconds, the Dorm President turned around and went back to his own room. “Suka? Is the heat coming back on?”
“No, Tokyo's completely blacked out.”
There was a sigh. Then, “Please don't go back to your bed. I'm cold. We might as well share body heat.”
It was a sad day when Shinobu and Shun were in complete agreement, Hasukawa thought to himself. But he was too tired for this.
“Sure.”
Oyasumi Minna-San!