Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni Fan Fiction ❯ Shiori (Part one in the Rejected Rei Arc series) ❯ Broken Friendships ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2: Broken Friendship
 
Uhh…Shion breaks character BADLY from now on…just a small warning…=P
Chie leapt from her chair, her novel in one hand.
 
“Cliffhanger! Gotta get the next book! Uhh…s-study hall! Lunch! Just do something productive!” she yelled at her students, running out the door.
 
“We-well…this girl sure is a friendly one…” Mion growled through clenched teeth, “Who is she?”
 
The girl broke away from Keiichi and stood.
 
“Sorry for not introducing myself!” she said in a cute voice, “My name's Shiori Aoyama! I came here from Kei-Kei's old school! I'm his girlfriend!”
 
All the club members stared in surprise at Keiichi.
 
“She's yer WHAT?!” Mion growled.
 
“Yes, Kei-chan. Elaborate.” Shion grinned.
 
“Ni-pah~!” Rika smiled.
 
“We-well, I-I had a life before I moved here!” Keiichi half-yelled in his defense, “We were friends since first grade and-“
 
Shiori latched onto Keiichi's arm.
 
“We became real close in third grade, remember, Kei-Kei?” she interrupted, “We were on the class field trip to the mountains and we got lost. It started to pour buckets and you found that abandoned house for shelter…you said we should sleep in the buff together to keep warm!”
 
“Oh, Keiichi-kun…” Rena gasped.
 
Keiichi could have sworn he saw fire leap from Mion's body.
 
“We started officially dating in eighth grade!” Shiori continued happily, “And about one year ago, you took me to your house, Kei-Kei. Your parents were out of town and I gave up my-!”
 
Keiichi clamped a hand over her mouth.
 
“Ok! They don't need to know any more!” he said quickly.
 
Shiori's face fell. She slowly released Keiichi's arm and made herself look as small and cute as possible.
 
“Ok, Kei-Kei…Shiori will be a good girl and do whatever Kei-Kei says…” she whimpered.
 
The only one that was unfazed by this whole situation was Shion, who was currently trying her hardest not to erupt into laughter. The rest of the school day was pretty awkward for Keiichi. Shiori was constantly by his side, hanging onto his arm. It was just like in his old school, only Keiichi wasn't as happy. Yeah sure, he had his gorgeous hourglass-shaped girl back, but he'd give the world to just have Mion look at him again. She was real pissed, and chose to do something else every time he tried to talk to her.
So, when the end of the school day came, Satoko and Rika left for home as usual, leaving Keiichi, Mion, Shion, Rena, and Shiori to walk home together. There was no club that day. No one questioned why, in fears of being eaten by Mion. Then, for the first time all day, Shiori released Keiichi's arm.
 
“Kei-Kei, I have to get home early. See-ya later, ok?” she smiled.
 
Shiori gave Keiichi a quick kiss, then skipped happily away. The whole walk was silent, save for the small snickers that escaped Shion. They reached the water mill which separated the Sonozaki twins way home. Keiichi tried to say good-bye to Mion. He was answered with an icy glare.
Shion couldn't hold it in anymore. If she didn't ask, she would explode!
 
“You boned Shiori, didn't you?” she grinned.
 
Everybody froze in place. Keiichi's face turned red. He stared at the ground. Shion lit up like a Christmas tree.
 
“You did! You did, didn't you?? You just admitted it!” she exclaimed, “Hey hey hey hey. Tell me: was the sex good???”
 
Her rapid questioning was cut short. Mion had grabbed the back of her younger sisters shirt and began to, quite literally, drag her home.
 
“Hey! I'm not done questioning him about his sex life!!” Shion whined.
 
“I-I'm going treasure hunting…” Rena said quietly.
 
She took off as fast as she could away from Keiichi. Keiichi tried to call out, but it was too late. He sighed. Two of his friendships just ended. He headed back home to ponder the situation, and try to think of a way he can regain his friends. When he got home, a piece of paper greeted him. On it was his father's sloppy, quick handwriting.
 
Keiichi, had to go to Kyoto on business. Be back in a few weeks. Don't burn down the house. Heres the hotel number. We're in room 231.
~Dad
Keiichi yanked off the paper and entered his home. If he didn't know better, Keiichi could swear his father was running away from what was currently happening. But these business trips did randomly pop up. To clear his mind for a bit, Keiichi plopped down on his couch and flipped on his television. Oh good. His favorite game show was starting. He propped his chin on the palm of his hand. Suddenly, two objects clamped onto the spot between his shoulders and neck.
 
“Kei-Kei, you're so tense!” a girls voice said.
 
Keiichi spun his head around. Shiori sat next o him, leaned over slightly, giving him a backrub.
 
“I can help loosen you up…” Shiori half-whispered.
 
Keiichi freed himself.
 
“What are you doing here??” he asked, still in shock.
 
“Daddy said I have to stay here cause we don't have a house…” Shiori explained her voice hurt.
 
Keiichi shook his head to clear it.
 
“Well…whatever…” he mumbled.
 
Great. His problem was living with him. All of Keiichi's plans were ruined. He had planned to go out somewhere with Mion today. Now he couldn't show off his prize-grabber skills…He needed answers. Keiichi pulled out the note his father left him and dialed the 6-digit number into his phone. His father answered.
 
“Dad? Why is Shiori in our house?” he asked, annoyed.
 
“Umm…we-well…Their house burnt down!” Mr. Maebara replied quickly.
 
It killed him slightly to lie to his son, but lying was one hell of a lot better than the truth in this situation.
 
“Are you sure…?” Keiichi asked skeptically.
 
“Oh would you look at that! People want my autograph! Talk later Keiichi!” Mr. Maebara said quickly.
 
There was a click, followed by dial tone. Keiichi set the receiver back. Ok then. He could live without answers…for now. Keiichi was taken by surprise when Shiori had decided to hug him from behind.
 
“It's just like before, Kei-Kei!” she smiled, “Wanna repeat last time…?”
 
Shiori started to play with the collar of his shirt and blew gently on his ear.
 
“S-s-stop it, Shiori.” Keiichi stuttered, getting himself free.
 
“But you used to love it when I did that…” Shiori said sadly.
 
“Y-yeah…well…” Keiichi started.
 
“Ooh! It's almost 6! Gotta start dinner!”
 
With that, Shiori skipped off to the Maebara kitchen, humming a happy tune. This experience was definitely going to be interesting.
***************************************************************** *************
 
At the Sonozaki estate, Mion sat at her desk in her room. The clock read 2:33 am. A notebook lay open in front of her. Words—some boxed and some scratched out—were scribbled across the pages. She copied the boxed words onto a ladder game she had Shion draw out earlier. Mion traced the lines with her finger, crossing out all her options until one was left. She stared at he final option. That one shouldn't be to hard…