Hikaru No Go Fan Fiction ❯ Arranged Marriage ❯ The News Part I ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: An Arrange Marriage
 
Summary: Arrange marriages for political reasons suck, especially if you're a guy and your fiancée happens to be another guy. Akira X Hikaru (Alternate Universe)
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Hikaru no Go. ===============================================================
 
Akira walked on when suddenly his kneels failed him and buckled down into the pavement, wet from the rain. Akira smiled at the fortunate turn of weather for it was the perfect cover for his tears. He pulled himself up and continued to walk, tears mingling with the frigid rain.
 
Strangers watched curiously at the strange sight; one of said strangers rushed toward him and offered an umbrella. He had ebony hair adorned with bleach bangs and a soft smile gathered on his lips.
 
“Um…excuse me sir, here,” he extracted an umbrella toward the drenched figure and blushed as emerald eyes stared at him. “Um…you're wet.” The young man mentally kicked himself at the obvious statement. “I though you might need it. So, um…here!” He grabbed Akira's wet hand forcing the cold flesh to wrap itself on the handle of the umbrella and was soon gone, running against the rain.
 
“Weird kid,” Akira whispered and suddenly found his lip creeping up a smile and the tears slowly receding away. He walked on, the umbrella covering his already drenched figure, the creeping smile turning into a rare grin. `I never thought it was possible; there are angels in this earth.'
 
===============================================================
 
Hikaru rushed against the rain, smiling as he ignored the crazy looks targeted on him. He took no notice of his drenched state as he continued his way toward his home. Suddenly, a dark silhouette blocked his spot and walking closer, he grimaced.
 
“Hello.”
 
“Young Master! What in heavens happened to your umbrella; you're drenched!” The figure rushed toward the scowling figure and dragged Hikaru inside automobile behind him. Closing the door, he walked into the driver's seat and after securing himself with a seatbelt; he started the automobile and drove away.
 
“So, young Master, what in hell happened with your umbrella?”
 
“I forgot it at the last store I was in, Steve.”
 
He nodded, accepting his answer even though the answer was ludicrous. He doubted anyone would absentmindedly forget an umbrella after taking a look at the weather, but he was not in the mood to interrogate his young Master; it was too bothersome.
 
“Steve?”
 
“Yes young Master?”
 
“What have you heard about the arrangement with the Touya family, Steve?”
 
“Young Master, I don't believe it is in my position to tell you the news.”
 
“I see, so with you're lack of answer I would guess they've decided on an arrange marriage?”
 
“Yes, young Master, but you didn't hear it from me.”
 
“Of course I didn't—I'll hear it from my dear parents.”
 
“You know that they are only doing this for your own good, young Master.”
 
“Yeah, whatever.”
 
The conversation ended with a pouting Hikaru; the kind deed already forgotten from his mind replaced with deep anger thrown toward a faceless figure—his future wife.
 
===============================================================
 
Touya walked toward his 2 stories, 16 master bedroom, 12 bathrooms, 2 kitchens, one living room house. He stuffed his free hand inside his drenched pocket and retrieved a key, unlocking the one of the two adjoining oak doors. Turning the bronze knob, he walked inside the warmly lit house.
 
“I'm home.”
 
A young servant around his age suddenly greeted the drenched figure, a smile featured on his lips.
 
“Young Master, welcome home. Your parents are waiting for you r appearance at the living room.”
 
Akira nodded and answered, “Please informed them that I would be coming soon after finishing a short shower.”
 
The servant bowed and with a “Yes, young Master,” he left toward the living room area.
 
Akira ventured toward his room, located on the second story and forgetting to dislodge his soaking shoes. As he proceeded to ascend the stair, he managed to create small, dirt prints of his shoes, managing to make one more job for their many servants.
 
After passing three adjoining rooms, he entered the forth, into his own room. He smirked at finding his hand still had a hold on the soaking umbrella. Shaking his head at his absurdity, he closed the umbrella and rested the object on his veranda along with his own shoes.
 
Closing the glass doors separating the veranda from his own room, he walked into his bathroom, removing his drench clothes from his cold body. He entered the shower, closing the glass screen behind him.
 
After a half an hour, he managed to dress himself into red, silk matching pajama and shirt. He soon walked off from his room, down the staircase, and into the living room where his parents were patiently waiting for his arrival.
 
He smiled to them, “Sorry for making you wait, Father, Mother.”
 
His mother's face lit up at his son, who had grown into a beautiful young man with silky, black tresses that reached his shoulders, bright emerald eyes, and attractively pale skin. She walked toward him and rushed him into a warm hug, surprising Akira; retracting away, she wiped away tears from her eyes.
 
“My young son, all grown up.”
 
Akira answered this with a raised brow, questioning his mother's strange actions.
 
“Ah, Akira, you might be wondering why we've called you.”
 
“Yes, Father, I have.”
 
“Well, do you the Shindou family, Akira.”
 
“Yes, Father. The Shindou family is one of the strongest corporations in Japan along with us. We have been in competition with them for around two decades and our rivalry has still yet to stop. I think it's quite bothersome.”
 
“Yes, it is quite bothersome, and our company is very tired of our constant rivalry. As you know, since I am the head of the company, it is my duty to solve any problems that our company has and this rivalry has turned into a problem.”
 
“…..” Akira did not reply, allowing his father to continue.
 
“Well, to solve this problem, we had come to terms that we need to form an alliance. The head of Shindou family had agreed to the idea, but we had excluded the idea of signing a treaty for such an alliance. We need a stronger form of an alliance, enough to rival the deep hatred between the two families and thus we decided on a marriage.”
 
Akira nodded knowing the rest. `So, a marriage…'
 
“We know that your relationship with Emi would have to be terminated…”
 
“No need Father, our relationship ended today.”
 
“Oh,” whispered his mother sadly.
 
“Well,” answered his Father at the news, “maybe its fate that you will end up with—”
 
He was cut off, “I don't believe in fate Father, I only believe in free will. Father, could I go to sleep now, I'm awfully tired.”
 
“Of course you can, Akira,” answered his mother. “Were sorry for this, but even I know it has to be done.”
 
“I know Mother. Goodnight Father.”
 
As Akira walked off into his room once again, his face formed a scowl and said scowl was thrown toward the faceless figure in his head - his soon to be wife.
 
===============================================================
 
Author's Note: Yes, another Hikaru no Go alternate universe fanfic.