Hikaru No Go Fan Fiction ❯ Don't run away! Let's play Go! ❯ Scene 1 - 2 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Don't Run Away! Let's Play Go!

Kal Kally

 

Disclaimer: Hikaru no Go is not mine.

Summary: How Kaga Tetsuo and Ko Yongha *managed* to get together, and how others reacted to it.

Warning: The names maybe not all first names, or family names. I couldn't get used to calling Kaga by Tetsuo all the time, but I like to call Hikaru and Akira by their first names, and somehow calling Ko Yongha by Ko seems too weird -- In the end, I decided to use whatever name I'm familiar with.

 

A/N: Italic words means they're spoken in Korean.

Normal words means they're spoken in Japanese.

Bold words means they're spoken in English.

 

 

Scene 1: It all begins with a simple request

Finally the long-awaited day had come. It was the first day of the Hokuto Cup. The Go world held its breath at this day with the hope that this event would mark the beginning of a new era of Japanese Go.

However, the main characters of that event didn't seem to acknowledge their important roles. In the hallway of the hotel where the participants stayed, a small chaos was taking place. Shindou Hikaru was trying to push and Yashiro Kiyoharu was trying to pull a person named Kaga Tetsuo towards Hikaru's room.

"You have to help me!!!" Hikaru cried.

"You have to help him!!!" Yashiro agreed.

"Why me???" Kaga protested.

"I need to bring someone here immediately! It's very important." Hikaru explained.

"It's none of my business."

"It is!"

"Oh, how come?"

"Because you came at the right time to the right place-ow!!"

Satisfied with Hikaru's cry of pain, Kaga open the fan he had just hit Hikaru's head with. "Non-sense. My part time job is here."

"Kaga, come on. It's not that bad, isn't it? You just need to act as me for a while!" Hikaru begged. Finally he had managed to push Kaga into his room. Kaga eyed him from head to toes, then turned to the large mirror on the wall, eyeing himself from toes to head.

"No one, even fool would buy it!" He growled. "You're just a brat, but I'm such a super handsome and incredibly cool man. How could they mistake you for me?"

"They would!" Hikaru yelled. "Just add some yellow and everything would be fine!" Yashiro!"

"Here?" Yashiro passed Hikaru a bottle with some strange yellow fluid in it.

After some decoration and much protest, they had finished. Yashiro pushed Kaga away and stared at him, admiring his own work, then turned to Hikaru. "People will really buy this?"

"Of course!" Hikaru answered. He ran to the door and waved his hands. "Help me, ne! You just need to play some Go if being asked, and they will believe, even though I know you'll lose for sure. Bye!"

In the room, Kaga muttered. "Fool."

Yashiro also muttered. "Fool. Why asking such an ugly person to help? That boy's taste is bad." He immediately received a punch to his head.

"What did you just say???" Kaga screamed.

"Why did you hit me???" Yashiro screamed back. He never stepped back from challenge.

So, as a well-known phrase of the Go world said, one battle ended, another battle began.

 

 

Scene 2: Where there is Go, there is passion.

After defeating Yashiro with a big KO, Kaga got out of the room and walked to the lobby of the hotel. Unfortunately, no sooner, no later, the Korean Team chose that time to arrive. Hon Suyon let out an excited cry and ran to him. "Shindou!"

Kaga looked down at the boy in front of him in disbelief. He must be really stupid to fall into this trick.

Hon Suyon stared at him from head to toes. "Oh, we haven't met for just several years, and you have grown up into such a disgusting monster!"

If Tetsuo hadn't suddenly remember that he was acting as Hikaru, he would have killed that moron right there, but he forced himself to smile, which looked more like a snarl.

"Long time no see. You have grown up to. But... er... who're you anyway?"

"What???" Suyon cried. "You promised me you would remember my name!"

"Oh, I did? But promise or not is just the same." Kaga shrugged. "I wouldn't have been able to pronounce your name anyway, much less remember. Foreign language is for losers."

"You're a stupid, low life bastard that worth nothing but trash!" Hon Suyon screamed. He pulled out a Goban from nowhere and slammed it onto the floor. "Let's decide who's better right now and right here! I'll crave my name into your memory with your lost!"

"Who will lose?" Kaga growled, angered by the boy's words. "If you're stupid enough to challenge me, then later don't run away with your tail between your legs!"

10 minutes later, the result had been obvious, Kaga lost badly.

"Know who wins?" Suyon said smugly. "Now listen carefully, my name is Hon--"

"Who cares about your name?!?" Kaga kicked the Goban board away. He pulled out a Shougi board and slammed it down, and then he dug into his pocket for the Shougi pieces.

Suyon blinked at the Shougi Board. Ko Yongha, who had been standing behind him, blinked too.

"What is that?" Confusion was painted clearly on Suyon's face.

"Shougi, of course."

"What?!?" Suyon stared at Kaga in disbelief.

Ko Yongha frowned. "So this is the Shindou Hikaru you're always talking about? His strength is terrible, and what did he pull out?"

"Shougi." Suyon answered.

"What?!?"

"You heard it."

"But why?"

"Right. But why?" Suyon repeated in Japanese.

"I quit Go a long time ago." Kaga waved his fan arrogantly.

"What did he say?" Ko Yongha asked.

"He said he quit Go."

"Then what's he doing here?"

"Good question." Suyon nodded, then repeated. "Then what're you doing here?"

"Good question. I want to know it too. What am I doing here?" Kaga thought for several seconds, then his face brightened. "To play Shougi, of course!"

At that moment, Ko Yongha was bending down, examining the Shougi pieces. He picked one up with two fingers and viewed it with open disgust. "What the hell is this? Don't know." He decided, then dropped the Shougi piece to the garbage. Then he took out a handkerchief to wipe his fingers.

... and immediately received the garbage to his head.

"What are you doing?!?" Yongha screamed. He picked up the Go bowl and threw the stones at Kaga.

"You dare to challenge me?!?" Kaga sprang to his feet with a handful of Shougi pieces on his hand. He threw them at Ko Yongha.

On the ground, Suyon remained sitting, his head tossing from Yongha to Kaga, then from Kaga to Yongha. Go stones and Shougi pieces was falling down on his head like rain.

A journalist applauded. "So incredible is the power of youth! I'm so happy that these players are so young, yet they can play Go with such passion."

TBC...

 

 

Next scene: Hikaru and Akira returned.