Hikaru No Go Fan Fiction ❯ Loved ❯ One-Shot

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Loved

Author: Kameko-chan

Pairings: Kaga/Tsutsui

Warnings: Yaoi (duh!) Probably OOC all around, but I can never really tell.

Notes: Kaga's POV. Sequel to `Skipping'

----------------------------

I wince as I pull the shougi pieces out from behind my back. "We should've found a more comfortable spot to do this, babe." Tsutsui glares and throws a rook at me, which hits me square on the forehead. "Ouch!" I cry, rubbing the spot, "What was that for?"

"YOU were the one who had to get your stupid board, and YOU were the one who decided you couldn't wait the whole fifteen minutes it takes to walk to your house, so quit complaining." He tries to look at me sternly, then laughs and lies down beside me. "I can't stay mad at you."

I grin and grab my cigs from my shirt pocket. "Besides, it's not like it wasn't still enjoyable. VERY enjoyable." I go to light up and notice the disapproving look Tsutsui's giving me. "But babe," I plead, "it's just one..." He's still glaring. I sigh and put the cigarette away. "You win."

Tsutsui smiles and clings to my chest. "Thank-you, Kaga."

I feel him shiver, so I draw him closer and wrap my arms around his bare shoulders. We lay in a comfortable silence for several minutes, until...

"Kaga, when did you fall in love with me?"

The sudden question catches me off guard, and it takes me a couple minutes to answer.

"I've always loved you," I finally reply. Which is true... ever since I met him, I loved him, first as a friend, then as something more.

Tsutsui rolls his eyes. "Not as a friend, Kaga. When did you realize that you love me the way you do now?"

I think back. Was there any one moment that made me love Tsutsui as more than a friend? Looking back, it seems to me as though it was a gradual thing, creeping into my life inch by inch. The way I'd feel when he'd look at me a certain way, the shock that went through me when he'd touch me... little things that made my feelings for him change.

But, there was one moment when I knew for sure that I loved him.

"The day we graduated from the junior high."

Tsutsui looks shocked. "The day you first kissed me is the same day you fell in love with me?"

"The day I realized I loved you," I correct him, "I'd loved you like that for awhile, I just didn't quite realize it. And yeah, it was the same day." I shrug. "I'm not a patient person, you know that."

"What made you realize it?"

"When we passed the Go club room, the look on your face nearly broke my heart. I knew that I never wanted you to feel like that again." I blush lightly and turn my head. "That's when I knew I loved you. Now, can we PLEASE change the subject to something less mush--MMPH!" I am cut off mid-sentence as Tsutsui pounces on me and covers my lips with his own.

He pulls away for a moment. "You are the sweetest guy ever, Kaga."

"Sexiest, too," I reply before pulling his head down for another soul-searing kiss.

It looks like I'm going to end up with shougi pieces stuck in my back again.

Oh well.

END

I know it's short. I can't write long stuff. Sorry.