Hot Gimmick Fan Fiction ❯ The Small Things ❯ Superstar ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Title: “The Simple Things”
LJ Author: pikapicokitt
Theme: Superstar
Fandom: Hot Gimmick
Pairing: Shinogu x Hatsumi
Rating: G
Disclaimer: Hot Gimmick is property of its original creator; I can only be credited for the story idea.
 
Hatsumi sighed, staring at the cover of the new `Revolver' issue and the super sexiness of Azusa's face that adorned it. It was only right to find him overly attractive and wonderful, even after everything… wasn't it? He was what all the girl's at school were still talking about. Most days she wanted to stand up and say `Yea, I know him! We were good friends'. That `were' hit her like a ton of bricks every time. Had it even been `were'? Had she ever really been Azusa's friend? She had to believe at some point in their childhood she had been, but some days it was hard to believe even that. As if having a crush on a super model wasn't hard enough, try having one on someone that hated you.
 
Shinogu frowned; staring over her shoulder at the `babe' she was being dreamy over. Jealousy flared within him for a second before he smiled at her questioning face. “Mom wants you to take out the garbage, if you do it now I can help you; there's a lot” He blinked as she jumped up, grinning widely and going to gather as much as she could carry of the garbage. He shook his head, following after her with only a short glance back at the magazine. Would she react to him the same way if he happened to be famous? Probably not, to her he was simply her older brother…they could never be more. It was a little depressing, but he'd made a promise to God and he was intending to keep it…or so he hoped. He'd done well so far.
 
“Thanks for helping, Shinogu. It probably would have taken me a few trips and I would have been late for school.” She grinned, tossing her backpack over her shoulder, blinking when Shinogu continued to follow. “I thought I'd walk you to school since I'm down here; I have nothing better to do” He smiled at her bright `mmkay!' in response, ignoring the instinct to toss his arm around her shoulder. When they arrived at the school gates he gave her a small wave, frowning when her back was turned to him. Hatsumi happened to turn in time to see this and the worried sister within her came out. She didn't have time to really ask as the first bell rang and she ran up to him, leaving a kiss on his cheek and engaging the thought to ask him about it later in her mind as she ran off to catch her first class. Shinogu stood there for a long moment, a small blush splashed along his nose and his hand to his cheek where her lips had touched. Sometimes it was the little things that got him through the day.