House Fan Fiction ❯ Let Us Do This Together ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I'm dying. My liver's finally failing. She's dying, too. The kid ripped up her insides. There's nothing left for both of us but a slow painful death.
I don't want to go first and leave her to suffer by herself. I don't want to suffer by myself if she goes first. This brings me to the needle in my hand and the papers just signed on my desk.
Getting to her room is easy. Everyone knows she's gone and wants to be left alone. She gives ne a small smile that doesn't reach her eyes. I give one back.
As I get closer, she scoots forward a bit so I can sit behind her. She's careful of my thigh. I want to tell her it doesn't matter but there is to be no talking. We already know all we need to.
I settle against the pillows and she leans against me. I wrap my arms around her. We sit like that for what seems like a lifetime. She plays with the hairs on my arm while I bury my face in her hair.
She finds the needles in my hand and takes one. She holds it above her arm ready to inject herself. I take her hand and move it over my arm. I swear I could feel her smile. I take the other needle and place it over her other arm. We poison each other at the same time. I can feel my heart slowing, my breathing becoming more shallow.
She turned around and we share one last . . .
 
“Were the hell is House?” Foreman asked the new ducklings. The ducklings plus Cameron, Chase and Wilson were gathered around House's desk. Chase was holding a crying Cameron and looked like was about to cry any minute. Wilson and Taub looked lost. Thirteen handed Foreman two pieces of paper.
The first one read Acute Liver Failure, Kidneys already shutting down. Then in the margin in House's hand was “Probably 3 days at max.” The other piece of paper was a DNR for both Gregory House and Lisa Cuddy. Foreman ran out of the room with Thirteen and Wilson close behind.
He stopped Cuddy's room in the ICU. There was Cuddy with her arms around House's neck. House had his arms wrapped around her waist. Their lips barely touching. They looked to the world to be asleep. But Foreman saw the needles on the bedding and knew better.