Hunter X Hunter Fan Fiction / Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ A Dream That Never Meant To End ❯ Everlasting Pain ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: POT doesn't and will never belong to me.
 
Chapter 2: everlasting pain
 
A crystal glass hit the wall and smashed into a million pieces. He smiled painfully at the shattered glass. How similar it seems, to my heart and my life, he mused.
 
He sat back against the plush armchair. Clenching and unclenching his fists over and over again, he sought to bring his emotions back in check. He failed, as miserably as before. Tears ran unchecked down his lean countenance. All the pain and sorrow shimmered with agony within the crystal-clear tears.
 
As if the tears scalded him with their hot anguish, he wiped them away almost angrily. Choking back the sobs that threatened to engulf him, he hugged his middle. He never thought love would hurt so much, never knew that love could extinguish as quickly and as surely as pinching out a flame.
 
The words that came out from the person he had loved the most shocked and later disgusted him. And now, all there was left was a gapping pit within his soul.
 
All the loving words he used to say to his love came back like a gushing wave to mock him. They mocked him mercilessly, they mocked him of his stupidity, they laughed at his naivety and they made a joke of his love.
 
NO! GO AWAY! GO away… his inner scream ended in a sob, a sob he never allowed to surface. Just like all the questions he never allowed himself to ask the person he loved the most and hurt him the deepest.
 
The room he was in, used to smell like Fuji, it used to fill with Fuji's love and care, now all that was left was an echoing shout of abandonment and the mess he had made. Everything that had Fuji's personal touch was torn or broken or simply kept away.
 
He could no longer look at the smiling pictures of both him and Fuji. He couldn't bear to see his open happiness shown in the pieces of him locked in eternity within the pictures. He couldn't bear to see how much of a fool he was.
 
Ne, Kuni-chan, look over here, ha, you looked great!
 
Saa, Tezuka, look at that rose, isn't it beautiful? Next time we shall adopt a daughter and name her Rose.
 
Tezuka…
Kuni-chan…ha…
I love you…
I will miss you…
I love you so much…I will always be here!
The remains of Fuji lingered like a thick fog around him. No matter where he turned to, no matter how he ran, no matter how much he drank, it seemed as if he could never escape Fuji. He was like a butterfly caught within the webs of Fuji Syuusuke. Helpless and defenseless against the memories Fuji had burned into his mind, he was a moth to Fuji's light.
 
A fool, more likely, a fool who always knew that no one could ever love him, a fool who believed in miracles, he was the greatest fool on Earth. And this greatest fool had made the acquaintance of the master in lies, now he was more so a fool.
 
Staring unseeingly at the lavish carpet which his grandmother had adored now stained with the deep burgundy color of the wine. It would take a lot to take out the stain, maybe it would be impossible. Just like forgiving Fuji was impossible now, after helping him making the impossible possible, he…
 
Nothing is impossible…
I will do whatever I could…
Don't worry, my love, I promise…
 
His shoulders shook with hysterical laughter. There it was again, the evidence of how much a fool he was really. His laughter rang through the house; all the servants cringed in pain at the obvious torture their young master was going through. All wanted to help, but the one who could heal the tormented soul of their young master had left for Paris this morning.
 
A few minutes later, the laughter ebbed and the house fell into a deep silence. The servants crawled around, fearful of making any sudden noise. At midnight, the lights in the young master's room still burnt with vigor.
 
The distinguish butler of the house drew his tall frame even straighter and proceed to the young master's room, intending to beard the lion at its den. He knocked and went in without permission. He had practically raised the young master, so he assumed that he had some authority over the young Sama.
 
But when he went in, he was shocked at the cleanliness of the room. The destruction which they knew was going on with all the crashing and splintering of wood was nothing but a shadow within the room.
 
“Kuni-Sama,” the butler began. But he was stalled by the light snoring he heard.
 
The young Sama was asleep under the canopy towering over the bed.
 
The butler turned and left, switching off the lights as he went. He closed the door without a noise.
 
As soon as the door clicked shut, Tezuka opened his eyes. He stared into the dark and shivered. The deprivation of the lights seemed to scare him. He didn't want to be alone within the cold room. He wanted Fuji back. He wanted his love back.
 
In the darkness and stillness of the night, with the help of the intoxicating wine, he finally admitted that even if Fuji had betrayed him, his love remained unchanged. He still loved Fuji and that love would never change.
 
“Fuji…Syuu…come back…I…I need you…so much…I love…I love you too much…come back…come back…” sobs racked through his body and he buried deeper within the bed covers, trying to escape from the night that threatened to swallow him whole.
 
Halfway to Paris: on the plane.
Fuji jerked awake. He thought that he had heard Tezuka's voice. When he realized that he was on a plane to Paris and why, his heart plunged to the bottom and his eyes dulled with anguish.
 
If only he had left a letter explaining the truth, mayhap Tezuka would one day understand and forgive him. If only…
 
He shook himself. He had stepped onto this path with his eyes open. He knew how much he will lose when everything ended, but the chance of loving Tezuka, even for a little while, was worth all the risk in the world.
 
At the very least, that was what he thought then, but now, when he finally came to the end of their journey of love. He realized how much he wanted to protect Tezuka from the pain and the truth.
 
How many times he had faltered, how many times had the truth lodged in his throat, just a spurt of selfishness and he would have say it out loud. He couldn't say it, not when it meant that Tezuka might get hurt because of it.
 
If only you knew, if only you knew how much I wanted to stay and love you. If only that person wasn't your father and possibly mine as well.