Hunter X Hunter Fan Fiction ❯ Assassin Siblings ❯ Chapter 1 ¡V Torture Session x Killua¡¦s Dream x The Mission ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Assassin Siblings

Assassin Siblings

By Gozilla

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Disclaimer: I don't own anything and I don't have anything. So don't sue me!

Please excuse my poor English. ^-^

Reviews are most welcomed!!

Enjoy!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*crap* - thoughts

"crap" - conversation

(crap) - author's note

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Ever wonder why Karuto (Killua's sister, who wore a kimono all the time) was treating Killua very differently from her other family members? She even saved Gon's life once from her family's hunting dog when Gon and the others were trying to take Killua away from his family mansion.

The following fic is a little imaginary story of what might had happened between the two siblings about two years before Killua decided he was not going to be an assassin and left the family that led to a dramatic change to the brother-sister relationship between Killua and Karuto in this chilly cold family.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 1 - Torture Session x Killua's Dream x The Mission

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Present~

~Outside of the Zoldyecks mansion~

"Ahhhh…" yelled a boy with spiky black hair. He was dangling over the edge of a huge cliff, with only one hand holding tightly to the cliff edge for his dear life.

To make things worse, there was a gigantic, monstrous hunting dog standing on the cliff, staring at the small boy as if it was deciding to eat the boy alive or to push him down the cliff.

Just before it could put its decision in actions, whatever it was, a sharp whistle came from the depth of the forest behind the cliff. The dog turned to the direction of the whistle, listening. The sharp whistle came again. The dog, though very reluctantly, left the boy and ran to the origin of the whistle.

"Gon!" shouted a blonde youth with a hunter running along beside him, "Are you alright?"

"Yes, I am OK." Gon answered, climbing up to the platform of the cliff, "Kurapika, what happened?"

Kurapika turned and looked to the direction where the huge hunting dog had disappeared among the forest, "I have no idea. I just heard a sharp whistle and the dog just went into the forest."

"Is that so..." Gon murmured, looking into the depth of the forest, "I wonder who have saved me..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Inside the forest~

The hunting dog obediently laid on the forest ground, looking at the small figure in front of it.

A small girl in kimono was gently stroking the hunting dog, her eyes staring at the direction of the cliff, "Oniisan's... friends?", her usual blank eyes waved with emotions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Two years ago~

~Inside dungeon of the Zoldyecks' Mansion~

Sounds of whip slashing through flesh echoed across the whole dungeon.

It was an old, dimmed dungeon. Smell of burning flesh and rotten bodies mangled in the air. Numerous torture equipments, anything from what you had seen, you expected, to something you couldn't had ever imagined, hanged along the wall. There were so many you would think you were walking in a museum.

Unfortunately, they were not for exhibition, but were used, everyone of them, onto a small body hanged mid-air in the middle of the dungeon.

There was another round of whippings echoed across the dungeon. When the whipping stopped, the only sound audible was a person's heavy panting.

A fat youth, with a ball-shape body, was holding a thorny whip, heavy panting. In front of him, was a small boy hanging in mid-air by chains attached to the ceiling of the dungeon. The boy had silvery white hair and his skin as pale as snow, if no included the wounds and bruises all over his thin body.

The white-hair boy did not make a sound, his body unmoving. He was nowhere near unconsciousness. Instead, his deadly black eyes stared right straight into the eyes of his torturer, the fat youth standing in front of him.

The fat youth sensed a chilly feeling going down along his spine. He tried to avoid the glare by hitting hard on the pale face with his whip. But the glare always turned back, deadlier every time as it returned.

"Damn!!" the fat youth shouted, "Stop staring at me with that look!" But no avail. "You asked for this!" the fat youth murmured to his victim. He turned to a microphone installed at a corner of the dungeon, "Switch on the electrocuter! At one million volts!"

A strong electrical current was transmitted to the small body through the chains. The small body was surrounded by electrical sparks. The boy's eyes were wide opened in pain. But still, no scream, not even a sound was made by the boy.

"K'so!" the fat youth cursed. He yelled, "Make it 2 million volts!"

An even stronger electrical current hit the small body. The boy closed his eyes tightly, fighting the urge to scream his lungs out in the extreme pain. He used all his remaining energy to keep his mouth from making any sound, but he couldn't stop his blood overflowing from his mouth.

"Enough, Milluki." a tall thin figure appeared at the door of the dungeon.

"But, Illumi." Milluki protested, "This brat is spoiled! We must teach him a lesson to respect his brothers."

Illumi ignored the protest and turned to the microphone and said, "Switch off the electrocuter."

The electrical current stopped, leaving a smoking body of the small boy. Near to black-out, the boy struggled to raise his head and looked at the door of the dungeon. Beside the tall figure, a woman and small girl stood, watching.

"Killua! You have done a great job!!" the woman squeaked, "You can now withstand electrical current at 2 million volts without making a noise or blacking out! Mama is so proud of you!!"

The ten years old Killua ignored the squeaking of his mother and turned to look at the little girl standing beside her. *Karuto...* Killua thought as his sister looked at him with a pair of beautiful, but yet, unconcerned eyes.

Killua felt that exhaustion was overcoming him, threatening a black-out. Although having black-outs for various reasons, poison, torture or extreme exhaustion, was a daily ritual for the young assassin, he never like it as he felt vulnerable when he was unconscious.

He could not remember how he got unchained, left the dungeon and went to his room by himself. All he remembered was the beautiful eyes of his sister before he was dragged into darkness at the very second he hit his bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~In Killua's dream~

~Killua's POV~

It was like yesterday when my sister was born.

I was four years old when Karuto was born. She was the most beautiful thing I had even seen. I liked my sister, her smile, her cry, her every move. I almost felt like I... loved my sister.

No, this was forbidden in the Zoldyecks family. Even saying that little word would lead to severe punishments. The Zoldyecks family, as the famous assassin family, should be cold as ice and emotionless.

But I was different. Although I was considered to be the heir of the Zoldyecks family and the most talented assassin in the family's history, I did not want to suppress my emotions. I did not want to be a killing puppet. I wanted to be myself, to be Killua Zoldyecks, not someone's emotionless shadow.

I paid high price for being myself. My father, Sillva, and my oldest brother, Illumi, had been trying very hard to put out the emotions within me. Ten years of endless torture, threats, hypnosis, even locking me in a cell full of dead bodies for a month when I was nine, all these still couldn't extinguish the my fire of emotions in my heart.

I remembered I spent a lot of my free time between training sessions with Karuto before she turned four. It was the happiest time in my life. I played with her, talked to her, and care for her. I knew she was happy too. She smiled, she laughed, and she cried. She always came to me whenever she was happy, angry, and sad.

Until... until the day she turned five. I remembered the day when my mum took her away from me, saying something about it was time for Karuto to start her training and I was spoiling her for showing her too much emotion. I remembered it was the last time I saw her eyes filled with emotions, anger, sad and concern.

It was one whole year after her fifth birthday before I saw her again. But since then, her eyes were blank, emotionless like all the others.

At first, I tried very hard to revive her heart by talking to her and accompanying her. After 6 months of endless efforts, I found it was impossible to find my lovely sister anymore.

I gave up on the attempt to revive her emotions. But I didn't give up on her. I will love her my own way, regardless if it will be only a one-way giving...

~End of Killua's POV~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sound of an intercom phone rang across Killua's room.

Reluctantly, Killua woke up and reached for the phone. Every muscle of his body ached. He made his movements as slowly and smoothly as possible in order to minimise the number of wounds, which were all over his body, to be re-opened.

"What is it?" Killua murmured to the phone.

"Master Killua." came the voice of a servant, "Sorry for interrupting your rest. Master Sillva and Master Illumi would like to see you in the conference room and they are waiting for you in the room."

"Got it." Killua murmured before hanging up the phone. He laid on the bed for a few extra seconds before started moving again very reluctantly.

"Damn it!" he cursed as several just-closed wounds re-opened when he slowly got off his bed. He would love to pay a million dollars for a few more minutes on his bed. But he knew too well that his father and brother would not be happy to wait and the consequences of getting them upset could be very serious.

He slowly changed his clothes, which were all tore and soaked with his blood. He didn't even bother to bandage the wounds as he would go through another round of whipping and torturing training tomorrow.

Silently, he walked out of his room and went towards the conference room where his father and brother were waiting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~The conference room~

Sillva and Illumi were sitting on the sofa placed at the far end of the room, watching the flame burning in the fireplace. Karuto was standing in front of them, reflection of the flame flashed in her soul-less eyes.

The door of the room slowly opened, a white-hair boy stood at the door.

"Father, you want to see me?" Killua said quietly, head lowered.

Sillva looked at the young boy, "Yes, Killua. Come in."

Killua closed the door and walked towards the two men. He couldn't stop but looked at the back of his sister, who stood very still, not even turning to acknowledge the arrival of her brother.

Killua stood beside his sister, both facing their father and brother.

Sillva looked at his two children standing in front of him for a while, "Killua, Karuto, I want you both to go with Illumi for his next mission."

Killua frowned slightly in disbelieve. He was surprised not about the assignment to him, as he had been assigned to go on to missions with Illumi since the age of four, but to Karuto, *She is only six and she is a girl. Why is father assigning her to her first mission so soon?* (A/N: No, no, I am not implying sexual discrimination. I am a female myself. But I always believed that the training for the female Zoldyecks would be less tough than for the boys.)

Sillva continued, "Your mission is to help Illumi to kill a politician in Yorkshin. It should be an easy mission. You will leave the mansion three days later. Get yourself prepared by then." He turned and looked at Killua, "Killua, your training sessions for the next two days will be cancelled. Go and treat your wounds. I want you to be at your top conditions for the mission."

"Yes father." Killua said as he watched his sister silently turned to leave the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Three days later~

Illumi stood beside a warship which was parked in front of the mansion, "Killua, Kurato, are you ready? We are leaving now."

"Yes, Illumi, we are ready." said the young assassins in unison.

Karuto walked towards the warship with Killua beside her. Killua looked at his sister, "Karuto, are you alright? It is your first ever mission. No matter what, just stay close to me or Illumi, OK?"

Karuto did not even turn to look at her younger brother, but walking straight to the warship, and said in a ice-cold tone, "I will be fine, Killua."

Killua looked at his sister, sensing totally nothing but coldness from his sister. He sighed and followed Illumi to board the warship to Yorkshin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Two days later, near mid-night~

~The forest outside of a mansion in the outskirt of Yorkshin~

Three pairs of dark eyes shone in the darkness, watching every movement inside the mansion through the thick leaves of a tree on the edge of the forest.

The three Zoldyecks assassins were hiding outside of the mansion, waiting for their only opportunity to accomplish their mission.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Flashback~

~Three hour ago~

Illumi, Killua and Karuto formed a circle in the middle of the forest outside of the mansion. Illumi held a map in his hand, showing it to the two young assassins.

"This is where we are." he pointed to the map, "And this is the mansion where our target is living. According to the information provided by the client, he rarely leaves the highly secured mansion as he knew he has too many enemies waiting to kill him. However, he will leave the place today as he was invited by the mayor of Yorkshin for a dinner at 8pm."

Illumi looked at his younger brother and sister with his blank eyes, "We will wait at the edge of the forest in front of the mansion." He turned to Killua, "Killua, you will help me to kill off the security guards when I will kill the target. Understand?"

"Yes, Illumi." the white-hair assassin replied.

He then looked at Karuto, "Karuto, you will observe how we defend off the security and kill the target. So keep yourself well hidden. Got it?"

"Yes, Illumi." answered the girl in kimono.

*Seems that it will be an easy mission as father said.* Killua thought as he took a glimpse at his sister, he found no trace of emotion on her face.

Illumi stood up, "Alright, let's get working."

The three disappeared from the spot at a blink of eye.

~End of flashback~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Outside of the mansion~

The assassins watched as a large group of heavily armed security guards left the mansion building area, with a fat short man in the middle of the group.

*That's him.* the three assassins thought in unison.

With a silent nod, Illumi and Killua left the tree and charged to the fat man with lightning speed, leaving Karuto hidden behind the thick leaves.

Killua manipulated his hands, revealing razor-sharp nails, and killed two of the guards by slashing their throats before they could even see his face.

Illumi, on the other hand, threw a handful of pins at the group of guards, killing a dozen of them before they could make a sound.

Guns began to fire as the other guards finally realised that it was an assassination. Killua and Illumi avoided the bullets with phantom moves and killed more guards on their way to the fat man.

"Protect me!!" yelled the fat man in the middle, "You useless group of rubbish!! Protect me!! Where is my army? Protect me!!"

Suddenly, a heavily armed army appeared at the gate of the mansion.

"Nani?" Killua murmured.

Illumi looked at the army at the front gate, still no emotion shown in his eyes, *Well, I didn't expect this. I guess the information we got is wrong again, as usual. We have underestimated this mission. This pig is really heavily armed. I'd better finish him off as soon as possible.* he thought as he killed another dozen of guards with his pins.

The soldiers of the army spread across the open area between the mansion and the forest, surrounding the two assassins. Killua and Illumi stood in the middle of the circle, back-to-back.

"Hah!" laughed the fat man, "You two are dead men! Who are you? Tell me who sent you here and I may consider sparing your pity lives!"

"No need to tell a dead man." Illumi said before he and Killua charged at opposite directions, starting fighting and killing the soldiers around them.

They were having a hard-battle as there were simply too many guards and soldiers, especially for young Killua. He dodged bullets flying all around him and he had a hard time fighting some of the strongest soldiers in the army.

Killua was so focused with all the killings before he heard someone yelled, "Look! There is a strange looking girl hidden in the tree!! She must be one of them!"

Sounds of gunfire echoed around the edge of the forest.

"Karuto!!" Killua yelled as he saw his sister leapt from the tree, barely dodging bullets fired at the spot she was hiding. A small group of soldiers went after her.

As a six years old child, Karuto showed incredible speed and reflections. However, she had not yet been trained to attack nor she had any weapons with her. So all she could do was dodging and avoiding the bullets and attacks of the enemy.

"Get out of my way!" Killua yelled as he slashed his nails through another soldier's throat. He knew his sister was in a very dangerous situation and tried to get close to her to protect her, "Illumi! Help Karuto! She can't fight!"

Illumi half-turned to look at his younger brother and sister, who were struggling to stay alive. His face and eyes blank, "I will finish off the target first. You two just hang on." and he continued to make his bloody way towards the fat man.

"K'so!" Killua cursed at his brother's coldness. "Karuto, hang on!" he yelled through the chaos, hoping to give some confidence to his sister before he could get to her.

Another round of gunfire. Karuto got hit in her right leg. Killua watched in horror as she kneeled beside a tree with one hand covering the wound, trying to slow down the blood loss. A group of soldier closed in for the kill. Karuto could do nothing but looked at the soldiers approaching her, fear filled with her eyes.

"Die, little monster!" the approaching soldiers yelled, guns aimed and fired at the little girl paralysed on the ground, her eyes tightly closed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

End of Chapter 1

I hope you enjoyed the chapter! Please review and comment!

The second half of the story will be posted soon. Stay tuned!