Hunter X Hunter Fan Fiction ❯ Assassin Siblings ❯ Chapter 2 ¡V Why? x Sacrifice x Siblings ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Assassin Siblings

 

By Gozilla

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Disclaimer: I don't own anything and I don't have anything. So don't sue me!

 

Please excuse my poor English. ^-^

 

Reviews are most welcomed!!

 

Enjoy!!

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

*crap* - thoughts

 

"crap" - conversation

 

(crap) - author's note

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Chapter 2 - Why? x Sacrifice x Siblings

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Die, little monster!" the approaching soldiers yelled, guns aimed and fired at the little girl paralysed on the ground, her eyes tightly closed.

 

The bullets never hit the little girl. She disappeared from the sight of the soldiers in a flash of white and black shadow.

 

Karuto felt someone had lifted her up and moved around at very high speed. She slowly opened her eyes and saw her rescuer, "Killua!"

 

The next thing she noticed was a large deep red stain on his shirt around his right chest. She looked at the stain and realised in shock that he was hit right through the chest by one of the bullets aimed at her.

 

With his sister in his arms, Killua could not attack those soldiers and guards. He could only dodge and avoid bullets and assaults from all directions. He knew very well that he would not last long but he had no choice, he would not leave his sister to die.

 

Ignoring the excruciating pain from his chest, he moved around in his top speed, but he was slowing down due to the massive blood loss from his chest. He found it more and more difficult to breathe and his vision began to blur.

 

The soldiers and guards took advantage of Killua's weakened form and his inability to counter-attack, they attacked him with intensive gunfire.

 

Karuto watched as the red stain around her brother chest extended in an alarming rate and she could feel his breathing became very rough, "Killua!! Put me down and run for your life!"

 

The white-hair assassin took a glimpse of his sister's face, determined, "I will not let you die. I will protect you whatever it costs."

 

A weird sensation surged from Karuto's heart, a long-lost feeling of ... emotion? Her tears started running down her cheeks, pleading, "Killua, please put me down. Why are you doing this? Why? I am not your priority. This is not what father and mother taught us..."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

~Flashback~

 

~Inside a training room of the Zoldyecks mansion~

 

Killua and Karuto stood in front of their father and mother, who were sitting in a sofa.

 

"Now." Sillva said in his deep authoritative voice, "I am going to teach you the very basic, yet the most important principle of being a successful Zoldyecks assassin. Which is, the priority of matters."

 

Sillva looked at his two children, observing any movement or gesture of the two small figures. He found nothing but concentration, impressed, "For every mission, our very first priority will be the accomplishment of the mission. No matter how and what it costs, including your own life, you must accomplish the mission assigned to you."

 

Sillva continued, "Under the condition that you can accomplish the mission assigned to you, the second priority will be your own life. You will save your life, if possible, for the next mission."

 

"Lastly, if the first two priorities are fulfilled, your third priority will be your partner's life. Only when you knew the first two priorities are secured, then you can take your partner's life into accounts. Do you understand?"

 

"Yes, father." said the two children in unison and total obedience.

 

~End of flashback~

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Karuto looked at her brother in total confusion, waiting for his answer.

 

Killua didn't turn as he was too busy dodging bullets and assaults, out of breath, "I don't give a damn shit of that priority thing! I only know that you are my sister. I love you and I am going to protect you to my last breath!"

 

Karuto's eyes wide opened at her brother's confession. Long-suppressed emotions flooded to her heart, threatening to drown her.

 

In shock, the two young assassins faced the most intensive round of gunfire. Killua found himself trapped in a deadly shower of bullets and there was no way they could avoid all of the bullets and escape intact.

 

Killua grinded his teeth in determination. He turned his back to the deadly bullet shower, using every inch of his own body to cover the little girl in his embrace.

 

Sickening sounds of metal hitting flesh was audible. Over a dozen bullets ran mercilessly through the small body of the young white-hair assassin. His eyes widened in pain. He made no sound, years of inhuman training had kept him from crying his lungs out under the excruciating pain.

 

The white-hair assassin slowly closed his eyes and limped to the ground, together with the unmoving little girl in his embrace, and lied in the pool of his own blood.

 

The soldiers and guards approached the two small bodies cautiously. One of them asked, "Are they dead?"

 

Another soldier kicked boy's battered body lightly, no movement, "Of course they are. Who can survive under such an intensive round of gunfire?" He scanned the boy's body, counting the bullet holes on it, "Let alone he has taken at least a dozen bullets. He looks like a honeycomb..."

 

The soldier could barely finish the sentence before his head was twisted to a very odd angle, over 90 degrees to his neck. He fell silently to the ground, dead. Illumi stood behind the body, his hands full of the blood of the politician.

 

"Uh, oh." he said, looking at the two bloodied small bodies of his siblings on the ground and scratched the back of his head, his face totally emotionless, "I suppose I am a bit too late."

 

The other soldiers and guards turned around, only to see all the others, including their boss, were lying on the ground, dead. They were so scared that they lost all their will to fight and fled the scene, leaving the assassins.

 

Illumi kneeled beside the two bodies and pulled the boy's body away from the smaller body beneath it. "Karuto." Illumi murmured, inspecting the girl's body, which was soaked in her brother's blood. She was unconscious as a result of shock. He found no obvious wound on her, *She will be alright.*

 

Illumi then turned to look at the white-hair assassin, who was lying very still beside his sister. He inspected the boy's body and found that his brother was hit by 15 bullets, most of them at his back. He put his hand on the boy's neck and felt a faint pulse.

 

"Good work, Killua." Illumi murmured to his young brother, unconcerned if it would be heard, "You have managed to survive under such fierce attacks. All you have to do now is to stay alive until we get home."

 

Illumi stood, holding his two siblings on his sides, and ran towards the depth of the forest in lightning speed.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

~One day later~

 

~Inside the Zoldyecks mansion~

 

A small girl tossed and turned in a gigantic bed placed in the middle of a beautifully decorated room. She was having a nightmare. A dream which numerous guns were firing at her and all she could see was red, everywhere.

 

Abruptly, she woke up with her whole body covered with sweat. A trace of fear could still be seen in her eyes. She sat up, panting heavily and disorientated.

 

"Mistress Karuto, you are awake." said a servant standing in the far corner of the room, "Would you like to have some food or drinks? You have been sleeping for a whole day already."

 

Karuto looked around and realised that she was in her bedroom. "What happened?" she murmured to herself, searching her memories. Her eyes wide-opened as she remembered the mission, the fight, the gunfire, the blood, and ...

 

"Killua!!" she shouted in shock. She turned to the servant, "Where is Killua? How is he?"

 

"Master Killua is resting in his bedroom." said the servant half-bowing, in the usual monotone, "Your mother said you should stay in your room to rest and there is no need to worry about anything."

 

Without a word, Karuto got out of the bed and ran towards the door. She was stopped by the servant, who stood in front of the door. "Mistress Karuto," said the servant anxiously, "Your mother had ordered you to stay in your bedroom and rest. So please return to your bed and get some sleep."

 

Karuto looked at the servant, her eyes totally black and deadly, "Get out of my way."

 

The servant felt a train of chilly feeling went through her spine, knowing exactly what would happen if she did not obey, "Ye... yes, Mistress Karuto." as she moved away from the door, "But... but please return soon. Otherwise, your mother will not be pleased."

 

Karuto left the room and ran at her top speed towards her brother's bedroom. She rushed into Killua's bedroom and stood near the door.

 

It was quiet in Killua's room, very quiet. Karuto remembered about a year and a half ago, before she started her training with her mother, she loved to come to this room, as it is the most lively area in the whole mansion.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

~Flashback~

 

"Oniisan!" an excited four years old Karuto rushed through the door and entered into Killua's room.

 

The room was fully of all kind of sounds, a hi-fi was playing some rock music, a television was switched on playing some cartoons, while another television was on with a boy sitting in front of it.

 

"Karuto," said the eight years old Killua, a big cheerful smile on his face, "Come in! Hurry! I have got a new video game! It is really good! You want to try? Let's play it together!"

 

~End of flashback~

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Karuto stood at the door and looked inside his brother's room. Apart from the curtains by the window, which was blown gently in the wind, the room was still and quiet, too quiet.

 

Karuto then changed her focus to the gigantic bed placed in the middle of the room, between her and the window. There was a small figure lying on the bed, unmoving.

 

She walked closer to the bed. An unconscious, heavily bandaged white-hair boy came to her sight.

 

The white-hair assassin was lying still on his bed, very still. His face was paper-white due to his massive blood loss. His whole body was so heavily bandaged that he looked like a mummy. Except that there were bloodstains everywhere on the snow-white bandage, as blood was still leaking from the wounds.

 

"Killua..." murmured the little girl, "Why did you do that? Why did you protect me while you can save yourself? Why did you use your life to protect me?"

 

*I am not letting you die. I will protect you whatever it costs.* the last words of Killua before being hit by the bullet shower echoed in Karuto's mind, * I only know that you are my sister. I love you and I am going to protect you to my last breath...*

 

A single tear rolled down Karuto's cheek. Her long-suppressed emotions flooded her heart, melting every inch of ice her mother had built around her heart and soul.

 

Karuto gently held her brother's hand, her head lowered, "Oniisan... Thank you."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

For the next few days, Killua remained unconscious. He developed a high fever due to his injuries. Doctors and nurses hired by the family came and went as they tried very hard to keep the white-hair assassin alive.

 

Karuto stayed in her brother's bedroom since the day she woke up from the nightmares. She watched in silence as the people took care of her brother, but none of the other Zoldyecks' family members ever showed up.

 

When no one was in the room, Karuto would sit on the side of the bed, held her brother's hand, and prayed for his awakening.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Killua slowly opened his eyes. He looked at the familiar ceiling, "So... I am home." he murmured, "What happened?"

 

He thought for while before he slowly remembered the mission. His clouded mind became clear as the memory of the bullet show finally came to the picture, "Karuto!" he shouted weakly. He struggled to get up but he was stopped halfway by the excruciating pain from all the wounds on his body.

 

He winced in pain and started falling back to his bed. Out of nowhere, a pair of small and gentle arms caught him before he hit the bed.

 

Surprised, Killua turned to look at the owner of the arms. He saw no one but a girl wearing kimono, "Karuto..."

 

The girl nodded, her face blank, but her eyes filled with waves of happiness. She gently put her brother on the bed, "Everything will be fine. I will go and fetch the doctors. Please rest... Oniisan." and she left the room.

 

Killua looked at the back of his sister. A small warm smile slowly spread across his pale face before he closed his eyes as exhaustion dragged him into a dreamless sleep.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

It was the last time Karuto had visited Killua's bedroom. As their training sessions became more and more intensive, they saw each other less and less frequent.

 

But it did not matter anymore. As both of them, against all odds in this chilly cold assassin family, deep inside their hearts, had found a safe harbour inside each other's heart.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

~Present~

 

~Inside the forest~

 

"Karuto! Where are you?" squeaked an over-dressed, face bandaged woman.

 

"Yes, mother, I am here." The little girl stood up and waved at the gigantic hunting dog, signalling its dismissal.

 

She ran to her mother in extraordinary speed. She stood in front of her mother, "Mother, you want to see me?"

 

"Yes, Karuto." squeaked the woman, "It is not safe to go to the forest when some strangers are wandering around. Now, come home with me. I need to run a lecture with Killua after your brother Milluki finishes his whipping and electrocution session with Killua." she said as she turned and walked towards the mansion.

 

Un-noticed by the woman, a flash of emotions waved across the little girl's eyes at the mentioning of the name of the white-hair assassin, before they returned to their usual blankness.

 

"Yes, mother." said Karuto as she walked after her mother towards the Zoldyecks mansion, disappearing into the depth of the forest.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The End

 

Thank you for reading the story to the end! I hope you enjoyed it!

 

Please review and comment on the storyline so that I can improve my writing skills in the next fic. Thank you!!

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

I am currently looking for some ideas for the next fic. If you have any ideas regarding HxH or YYH (especially about Killua or Hiei), please feel free to tell me! I need inspiration!! ^-^

 

Thank you and Ja ne!