Immortal Rain Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction / Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ Zeke's Adventures in Blue Space ❯ Part 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I've always been an unusual child. I've always been able to see things, hear things, and to do things that other people can't. Maybe that's why it doesn't surprise me that I'm in this kind of a situation. Heh. Yeah. I'm really not surprised at all.

What's that? What am I talking about? Oh. Right. You don't even know who I am or even what's going. Perhaps I should start from the beginning. My name is Zeke and I'm in the middle of a rather unusual adventure. It's rather quiet right now so I'm taking the time to get everything recorded. I don't know why I feel the need to do this. Maybe it's because everything is so unusual and no one would ever believe me if I were to tell the tale. Somehow, though, that reason doesn't seem right . . . because I know I'm not going home. I could very well live through this . . . but I can't leave these guys. Not after everything we've been through . . .

As I was saying before, I've always been an unusual child. I've always been able to see the colours that surround people and hear the laughter and sadness in their minds . . . and be able to escape when I've needed to . . . and maybe that's why I'm here right now. To take care of these goofs that I've been traveling.

The story of my adventure began about seven months ago . . .

* * *

“Hurry up, Zeke! We're going to be late! Again!”

A sigh escaped the dark blue-haired girl as she paused to smooth out a wrinkle in her mirco-skirt then scurried after the tall, blonde-haired guy who had called out to her. They had plenty of time to get to their class. She could stop to keep her skirt from hitching up and wrinkling.

“I'm coming, Zak!” she retorted as she caught up to him. “Geeze, can't a girl take a moment to breathe?”

“Nope,” Zak teased with a wink. “Breathing is not allowed, especially for someone who's habitually late. You should know that by now.”

“Whatever,” Zeke shook her head. “Let's just go.”

“Something the matter, Zeke?” her friend frowned as he followed her into their class. “You're not your usual bouncy, perky, smiling self today.”

“I'm fine,” she shook her head. “It's nothing to worry about.”

“You sure?”

“Yeah,” Zeke smiled. “I'm sure. Now let's go before you're the one who makes us late!”
 
“No fair!” Zak whined mockingly. “Using my one line against me!”
 
“All's fair in love and war . . . or so it's said,” Zeke shrugged.
 
“Like we really have to worry about that!” the boy chuckled and shook his head.
 
“Yeah . . .”

They entered their next class - Twentieth Century Literature - and took their assigned seats. The robo teacher marked them as being there. Once the class had filled, the day began yet Zeke couldn't help but feel that there was something terribly wrong as she gazed out the window at the red-hued sky.
 
* * *
 
“There he is!” a voice shouted.

“After him!” a second chimed in.
Blast after blast whizzed by, nearly singing the fur off his ears. Being hunted for what he was didn't surprise him, had long ago ceased to surprise him, and he'd accepted that's just how humans and demons were. He was a half-demon, after all. That's just how his life had been. This, however, wasn't the typical chase-the-hanyou-out-of-our-village hunt or the let's-torment-the-hanyou-then-kill-him hunt. The humans (and they were humans. He could smell it) who were chasing after him wanted him . . . and they had the weaponry to prove it. One blast from their unusual looking guns had dropped his older half-brother . . . and Sesshomaru could take just about anything anyone handed him then give it back tenfold.

'This isn't looking too good,' Inuyasha thought, trying to avoid being hit and staying ahead of his pursuers. 'They've got the advantage here . . . I can smell them . . . but I can't see them . . . Dammit, I've got to keep away from them!'

He dodged through trees and bushes, keeping to the ground. His pursuers had a hard time firing at him if he remained low to the ground but he knew it was only a matter of time before he'd have to stop and rest. He couldn't keep running forever or at the pace he kept.

'But I can do this,' Inuyasha affirmed to himself. 'Just a little farther . . . there's got to be a place where I can hide.'
 
The thought died as quickly as it had entered his mind. Pain blossomed for a brief moment in his side then it disappeared. He felt himself falling forward. He tried to hold his arms out, to break his fall but to no avail. His vision started to blur and his tongue began to fill his mouth. Darkness threatened to overwhelm him as did a strange sensation of numbness.

Just before he hit the ground, something -- a net, he believed -- rose up to meet him, catching him halfway on his descent. It wrapped around him quickly. He half-fancied that he floated several feet above the ground but figured that it couldn't be. He was no priestess or magic-user, after all.
“Radio back to home base. We got him.”

* * *

“I swear, that class just gets more and more boring with each passing day!” Zak complained. “I could fall asleep and still ace it!”

“Right. Suuuure you could, Zak,” someone teased. “You're just upset because they have a robo teacher for the class and not one of the super model teachers.”

“That isn't it at all!” Zak protested, eliciting a round of laughter from the small circle of people. The conversation continued but Zeke lost track of it as she gazed at the violet-hued sky. Something . . . was coming.