Immortal Rain Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction / Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ Zeke's Adventures in Blue Space ❯ Part 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“She's coming to . . .”

Zeke groaned as consciousness began to wash over her. Around her, she heard voices. Male voices but none that were familiar to her. Her eyes fluttered open to see four men standing around her, their expressions curious yet wary, though one wore a look of cool disdain.

At first, she paid no heed to their appearances. She was used to the strange appearances of others, most of her friends having natural hair colours of red, pink, blue, and green. Her hair happened to be blue. However, upon further inspection, she noticed that two of the males gazing at her not only had silver hair . . . but golden eyes. The one regarding her with disdain had elongated ears and two russet stripes on each of his cheeks, a blue crescent moon in the center of his forehead. The other male had puppy ears. They were not normal, even by what she saw on a daily basis. Zeke's eyes widened and she bolted forward, trying to scramble away.

“Who the hell are you?” she squeaked out. “What the hell are you?”
 
She then glanced around and saw that she wasn't where she remembered being. Around her were tall, lush trees with oversized leaves. Underneath her was the softest grass imaginable. It was so soft, Zeke had believed she'd been sleeping on her own bed for a moment. Then there had been the sky itself. It was the deepest blue she had ever seen . . . almost like the blue of the oceans when she'd viewed the Earth from space. Wherever she was, it wasn't home. It wasn't where she belonged.

“Where am I?” she whispered, feeling her heart sink low in her chest. One of the men, a man with spiky blonde hair and bright blue eyes, took a step forward, a bright, cheery smile on his face.

“We're not exactly sure where we're at,” he replied. “We were hoping that you could tell us.”

“What?” Zeke felt her jaw dropping.

“We don't know where we're at,” the puppy-eared male snapped, his golden eyes flashing. “How hard is that to figure out?”

Zeke just gazed at them, her chest rising up and down as she took deep breath after deep breath. It seemed absolutely . . . surreal, her current situation. She was certain that she'd wake up and that it would all be just some terrible dream. All she had to do was close her eyes and will herself to wake up. As soon as she opened them again, she'd be in her home, in her room with her parents hovering over her. Zeke took a deep breath then closed her eyes, ready to wake up.

However, as she soon found out, she wasn't dreaming. The moment she opened her eyes, she saw the same thing as she did before. Strange blue sky, four strange men staring at her. Zeke let out a weary sigh.

“I think we need to start from the beginning,” she murmured. “And I do mean the very beginning.”

“It is a waste of time,” the one silver-haired man intoned.

“Like we're able to go anywhere right this moment, aniki,” came the retort from the shorter of the two males. Zeke now saw that, though the two silver-haired males shared similar traits, one was a good foot or two shorter than the other and seemed to have a lighter frame. “We can't go home. We have no idea of where we're at or how to escape. Might as well try to sit down and figure things out. What else have we got to lose?”

For a moment, no one said anything as the two brothers (Zeke had recognized the formal use of the Japanese word) glared at each other, the air becoming charged. No one even dared to breathe. The other two men had backed away, as if they knew what was to come. Then, without warning, both looked away, as if coming to some kind of a silent agreement.

“Very well. This Sesshomaru shall listen to what everyone else has to say.”

“Arrogant bastard,” came the soft mutter. The blonde-haired man closest to her offered her an apologetic smile.

“They've been like this since we've met them,” he explained lamely, sitting next to her.

“Since you've met them?” Zeke echoed. “What exactly happened to you guys?”

“It's a long story,” came the quiet reply. “And since we have a bit of time . . .”

The other three males sat down in a circle around her, the two brothers keeping a small distance from each other and each began to tell her a tale unlike anything she'd ever heard before . . .

* * *

“Sir?”

“What is it?” came the bored drawl.

“We have a problem . . .”

“Really? What kind of a problem?”

“We have an unknown energy signature in Blue Space.”

“An unknown? What kind of unknown?”

“Your daughter.”