Immortal Rain Fan Fiction ❯ Devil's Game ❯ Devil's Game 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Immortal Rain, I wish I did, but there are no profits being made off of this fic. This disclaimer goes for this and all chapters.

CHAPTER ONE: Devil's Game

Machika's POV

Tears were coming to my eyes. The family that had been charitable enough to take me in for the night was mourning the slow death of their grandfather. I sat there in the bedroom looking and the two youngest weeping at the his bedside. This recalled many memories about my grandfather. I still cried for him, wishing that he was still here to be my support; I still had so much to learn. I couldn't be Zol if I didn't know what to do!!! I wiped the liquid from my eyes and escaped from the room and my own sad past for the time being.

Looking out to the desert from the rooftop I went through what I was to do. Tomorrow I would meet Rain at Bengel City. There we'd be researching the newer developments involving immortality. Lately scientists had out done themselves. They'd somehow managed to evolve living Angel specimens. The power seekers in our world, mostly Sharem, had all begun to harbor these 'demons' as they are called. I remember what Rain told me after he had first uncovered information about them.

"Rain, what is it?" I asked him. He'd just burst through the door of the motel and lay there soaking and obviously tired most of all. I noticed a large cut on his arm, blood had soaked his black jacket.

"I found... there is new information... demons..." Rain then passed out. He was so tired. From what I did not know, but there was something in his words.

'Found what? Demons? What are demons?' I thought. I did my best and was able to lift him onto the bed and take his jacket off. First I toweled him dry and then tended to his arm. It wasn't spilling blood anymore, but he had lost a lot of it, whether it mattered or not. Even though he was immortal, I still worried and cared for him; he knew that.

I grazed his wound harshly with the bandage, and suddenly I felt a hand gripping my arm. Looking through his bangs I could see Rain's eyes become less tense and his hand relaxed. "Machika. I'm sorry..." He said laying his head back on the soft pillow.

"Rain," I began, once again tying the bandage onto his arm. "tell me about these demons you said you'd found." I listened intently.

"I was back at the Ovana ruins. It turns out, Sharem has been there for months and only now did I see her lab. It makes me mad that we hadn't seen it before." He said, his anger rising a bit.

"It seems there are no ruins that are safe from her. These were so secret, no one in the world knew about them, and yet she managed to find them. And all the secrets they held. Go on, Rain."

"Well, I was heading back here, when I saw a holding cell. Inside it, through the paralization liquid, I could see something like no other angel. It looked different. It was dark, tainted, the color of blood. I'd never seen anything like it before." He paused. "I was so mesmerized by the sight that I didn't notice troops behind me. They took me down the stairs to Sharem, who'd been in the room I was over looking. She stood next to a smaller version of the giant I still stared at....

Rain's Flashback

"Rain, so nice to see you again. How long has it been?" Rain didn't answer her. He still looked at the giant as tall as the laboratory they were in. "I see you have noticed our new creation. Well, I was going to find some human to harvest blood from, but you are the perfect specimen." She walked closer to Rain. "You have Angel's blood running through you and yet you have yet to evolve." She took a knife and opened Rain's arm up with it, letting the blood rush all over her hands.

Walking to the smaller form, still writhing within the restraints that held it, Sharem held her hand up to it's chest and pressed it against it. The creature let out a spine tingling scream as the blood leaked through it like acid. Steam rose off as the thing was burned by Rain's blood. "You see, Rain, these are my new creations. These are
my demons... They can't stand Angel's blood, but they can still function without a head or heart..."

Rain had heard enough. He beat down the guards around him and leapt to the upstairs, not caring if they chased him. Sharem had told her guards not to bother, she had what she needed. 'Run Rain. Run back to your little grim reaper, I will find her soon.'

End Flashback

"So," I said, "they can't be killed by talking off the head or destroying the heart?" Rain shook his head assuring her they couldn't.

"The only thing that can kill them is Angel's blood. It makes some reaction between their blood and the Angel's." I couldn't stand seeing Rain looking so frustrated and sad that I just hugged him, wishing that no one had ever created these 'demons'.

End Machika's POV

'These Demons, if they even touch Angel's blood, then it burns their skin continuously until there is nothing left of them.' It had been almost a month since Rain had told her about the Demons. The morning after that, Machika woke to find an empty motel room. Everything looked in place, but Rain had left her with nothing but a note on the pillow next to her.

Machika,

Gon too Mauruas Laned, meeat yoo at Bengel Citi in 1 munth. Yoo goe too Suumas too loke fore infoe on demonds.

Rain.

Machika smiled remembering the note. Rain had learned to write, but now if he could learn to spell... "Machika, Gone to Maurus Land, meet you at Bengel in a month. You go to Sumas to look for info about Demons. Rain." Machika said it aloud. Atleast he had learned to spell their names right.

It was almost dark, the sunset was just now disappearing behind the mountains which stretched passed the desert that surrounded them. But wait, there was something coming over the horizon. Machika couldn't tell what it was from there, she only knew that it was big and not something that she wanted to encounter right now...Then she could start to make out its features. It was... an Angel!!! Wait, no. It was dark, morbid looking, unlike any Angel she'd ever seen. It was huge and blood colored. 'Blood colored...? A.. Demon?' Machika jumped from the rooftop and hurried into the house. She told everyone to get into the basement. Opening the wooden door on the floor, Machika ushered them each into the basement and then closed and locked the door. Then, she went out to face it. Machika knew that she couldn't beat it. If this was a Demon, then it could only be harmed by Angel's blood, something she didn't have. 'Oh well... I’m not sure what it is exactly, but there’s still a chance that if it is only an Angel, then I hope I can save this city. It looks like it’s coming straight for it!'

She stood on the roof again, wind blowing and tousling dust and weeds around her. The Demon had reached the village of houses, and it could destroy any of them with the long reach of its arms. Determined to lead it from the village, Machika leapt off of the roof and landed a hit on its armor with her scythe. As she expected, her blade could not penetrate its 'skin'. 'But at least I have its attention!'

She ran, and it followed.

Soon, though, Machika was out of breath and her legs burned, pleading to not run any more. But she had to keep going. Machika came to a halt, barely stopping herself from going over the cliff she had reached. 'Now what?' She turned to face the Demon which was so large, it had walked over the desert, taking steps miles long. It was about to reach out for Machika, but she moved away, and when she did, the Demon moved towards her more. Then, she just covered her eyes and was going to take what blow the Demon would inflict when she felt a liquid on her, but when she opened her eyes she saw blood, but felt no pain.

Opening her eyes all the way, she saw a man covering her. The Demon had cut his arm badly and blood was pouring over their clothes. Then, the figure jumped up and rushed towards the Demon. "No, don't!!! You can't kill it!!! It's-" Machika stopped. The man came in contact with the Demon and smeared his blood all over the Demon before jumping back and landing on the ground perfectly. Whoever this guy was, he was no average Joe; he was very powerful. Turning her gaze back to the Demon, Machika saw it writhing and gasping as its chest was smoking, being burned by the man's blood. It burned a hole through the chest and then, it crumbled and eventually turned into dust, which the wind blew away.

"What... what just happened?" Machika asked herself.

"That was a Demon." Machika remembered that she was not alone and looked up to see the man's clean hand reaching to help her up. Taking his hand she nodded.

"I know, I've heard about them, but until now I haven't come in contact with one." She brushed herself off. "Oh! I'm sorry. I'm Machika." She bowed.

"Machika...? I like it. I am Auron. Nice to meet you." Machika looked him over. He was tall, not as tall as Rain, but still tall. He had shaggy brown hair that blew in the wind and these eyes that were like emeralds.

'Handsome...' Machika thought. "Wait a second...! You killed that Demon."

"I know..." He looked at her a little weird.

"Are you... an...?"

"Angel."

End Chapter One.

............................................................. ...........................................................

Tsuyok u: Well, thank you for reading. Review and I might write more. lol. I will. Anyways. this was mostly just a introduction to the story and a little background. Rain will come in chappy 2 and things will unfold. the plot, a little romance triangle, and everything else!!!