Initial D Fan Fiction ❯ Initial D: From around the wrold prolouge ❯ chapter 1 - getting started ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Prequel chapter 1 - getting started...

Attempt to rewrite my Initial D fan-ficion From around the world, took a lot of suggestions by Ko-Chan, at this point, it's not that I'm willing to follow anything but from what he said it makes sense to rewrite this, hopefully someone will take a good look at this, it's an honest effort (so was the one before, just misguided for too many reasons...), I dunno if this should be the main or sidestory since I really want to start concentrating on later events but I'll have to think about it more... and now the usual copyrights...

Initial D copyright Shigeno, also US distributor Tokyopop (despite how unless I got something wrong a lot of people seam to hate them...), then comes the car disclaimers that tip off everything. Toyota, Subaru, Nissan, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Honda, Daihaisu, Tomi-Karia, Chevrolet, Ford, Dodge, Shelby, Sallen, TVR, BMW, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche, Lotus, Opel, Mercedes, etc.

Fan-characters and teams are mine, most to all others obviously copyrighted their respective owners, besides that some other notes...

1...I'll try and do my best with the characters, I'm bound to screw something up, even the things that you would figure would stay whatever no matter what (such as the inaccurate thing that Nakazato NEVER wins, if he does, chances are they're not going to mention of it unless he defeats someone like Seiji or Keisuke...)...so don't flame me on that...

2...unlike my last attempt I'm going to try and start at the beginning of Kile's adventure into racing period and go into major points, I'll try and throw in noticeable flaws for him, hopefully I'll do a better job compared to before...

3...I'll try and make them shorter and far less errors but I can only try...

4...I've got more things planed in mind but I'm not going to spoil them before you get a chance to read it...can't reveal everything can I?...

Besides that...enjoy...

Chapter 1: getting started...

"Yes!" A voice shouted in joy... stepping into the large pit garage with tools in boxes on the side...was a very tall kid, looking barely out of highschool and just getting into college, it was clear he was of african american decent due to in part his accent and skin color being a dark brown. He also had short-cut black hair and green eyes. He was wearing a white T-Shirt with blue genes, on the T-Shirt read `GM' on it in black letters. He was Kile Matrix. He had passed his license tests and received a racing license in addition to a regular one that would allow him to drive any race car save a Formula 1 machine. He looked proudly at his new car, it had yet to be outfitted with specific parts but he didn't care right now as he was too overjoyed at the sight of his new car. Sitting there was a jet black Chevrolet Camaro Z28. Walking up behind in a similar set of blue genes and a black shirt standing just a tad shorter, and showing sign of greater age...a similar face build save for a beard...enough evidence to suggest that this guy was his...

"Is this really my car Dad?" He said both out of excitement and slight disbelief...

"It's you'rs, just as you wanted it."

"YEAH!!!" he shouted in over etuhasim... "Now I can finally race! I'll start practicing with this car now and learn how to drive it fast! I can prove to those jerks that American cars can do more than go in a strait line!"

"What?" His father asked...Kile had noticed what his father had said and turned around...

"...what did I say wrong dad?"

"You said something about proving American cars can do more than go fast in a strait line...that's an obvious...but what do you mean?"

"Well.."

"But before we go futher...how about we test your Japanese?"

In a fashion only immitable by a Japanese anime his head tilted to the side as he nearly lost balance in response to what his dad had said...a giant sweet drop could have been added to make the point all the more obvious...

"...not again dad...why do I need to keep speaking in Japanese? Not like I'm going anywhere anytime soon right?"

"Well you do want to become a fast racer around the world right?"

He nods... "Yeah..."

"Well you will need to learn how to speak more than one language, sometimes it's those things that can help, not to mention you can speak with the locals without having to pay a translator." his father replied...

"I guess..."

"...now...are we going to finish this conversation in Japanese" he started now speaking in the said set of words...it took a half-second for them to register in Kile's mind as something he could understand as he tried to reply back...he was relatively good but he lacked faith in his ability to say the words spoken usually at the land of the raising sun as he had noticed the sun was starting to set...

"...well..a bunch of kids at school kept talking some stupid things..."

"...stupid things?...what kind of stupid things are you talking about?"

"...Like...they say things like how American cars can only go fast in a strait line and how they would rather spend money on import cars...namley cars like Hondas, Nissans, Mitsubishis...they think a Camaro is a bad car...and any other American car...they were largely ignorant..."

"So why does it bother you? Why do you feel you need to prove them otherwise?"

"Well...they wount stop talking about it and they' real jerks about how I like cars, especially domestic ones, they think I'm an idiot."

"Heh...they think YOU'RE an idiot? Far from it son, you're better than that. Don't let dumb stuff like that get to you, okay? You know better and hell, if you race against them on a road with many turns, you can beat the hell out of them cause by that time you'll be a good driver."

"I guess..."

"So...why not the car out now?...it's 7:30 and we can only keep the track open for another two hours."

"Two hours?! Really!?...you're right dad, well...I'm going now."

"See ya at home."

"Okay dad."

With that said as the father started walking the short distance to the door at the opposite pit end Kile got into the Z28's cockpit. It was virtually untouched save for when it was delivered and originally assembled as he put on his seatbelt and inserted the key into the ignition.

"This is it..." he thought as he turned it on...the LT1 engine came to life with a low rumbling grow as the tachometer rose from 0 to 3000rpm before idling down to 1000rpm...he instantly grew addicted to the sound of the engine...he heard V8's many times but hearing it when he started one felt and heard like something new...he pressed on the gas and felt the engine suddenly come alive all the more as the tachometer needle rose up to the redline as he let it off as the engine died down to an idle rev...

"This is SO COOL!!" he thought...he was maybe 18 but he had some immature thoughts but one is not going to think so straitfoward when they are overjoyed over a new car...he revved it again...liking the metallic rumble of the engine...it was large but it felt powerful, not to mention free breetheing...no turbine to hinder it's breathing at low engine speed as he noticed on his clock 2 minutes had passed...

"huh?...it felt like a lot longer..." he thought...his thoughts still relatively unorganized... he only saw the sun go down future past the pitlane...

"Well...no time like the present..." he thought more as he upshifted into 1st...he gently depressed the gas a little as the car started to move a little faster than he had anticipated as he let off a little...as he pulled just out he turned right...he was a little rugged and rough coming out into the pitlane as he drove down the long distance passing the garages...most them already closed for the night as he pressed the gas future getting it up to 40 mph...

"I want to get on the track NOW!" he thought...showing some impatience as he finally saw open road...

"Yeah!" he shouted as he pressed the gas all the way... the engine RPM suddenly climbed as he saw the tachometer needle touch the reline, he let of the gas immediately, and after that depressed the clutch, and upshifted from 1st to 2nd gear...he could amost hear and feel the disengaging of one gear to another, the whole monument seamed to have went forever as he let of the clutch and repressed the gas as a fairly long straitaway was coming up...he pressed on the gas more as the car continued to accelerate...he only hear the engine climb more as he saw he was already near redline as he shifted again...2nd to 3rd... a bit rough even with all that forced practice during driving school...but he shrugged it off as he pressed the gas again with his foot as he kept speeding down the strait...he could already see and interpret the corners ahead...he recalled what he did in driving school immediately and pressed the brake pedal with his right foot...as he saw the engine revs drop down to 4000rpm...he downshifted from 3rd...to 2nd...he had noticed he was a little slower as he still had some time to acceleate...he realized he had braked too early but figured that it was okay...at a slow speed he went thru a slow left hand bend that went slighlty uphill...as he cut into the inside of the turn by the apex...nearly going off the grass...he goes full acceleration and suddenly finds the car's rear end swinging around, before he could do anything he was suddenly spinning out of control...time seamed to speed up suddenly around him as everything became a blur... his heart was skipping beats at this...

"What the hell!? What's going on!?..." he thought

...before he knew it the car was off into the grass a few feet away from a set of tires...as he got relocation of where he was...he saw the tiremarks as to where he slid...he lost control and slid off the track on the outside of the turn off into the grass and went maybe 100 feet or so down before he came to a stop...luckly he was at low speed...it he was going faster...he could have crashed...the thought of him wrecking his Z28 on his 1st day made him want to...

"...I need to be more careful..." he thought... "...woah...I didn't know it would come around like that...I though only those turbos could do that... a non-turbo can be like that too?...if you go into a corner at low speed and give too much power and steer too much...I'll spinout...how can I prevent that...?"

...he thought this as he shifted into reverse...and pressed the gas as his car slowly drove back onto the tracks...he could still see the skid marks as he sighed...

"Dad's gonna find out I lost control so early...-sigh-then again I'm just getting started...he probally made mistakes like that too when he was my age..." he though as he shifted into 1st once more and drove off to try the rest of the course...

Nearly two hours later coming out of the last turn of the course, a fast right hander going downhill leading to the pit lane at high speed was the same Z28...he was now doing well over 100 mph going down into the main road...his eyes were narrowed, his lips shut, his breathing slow as he kept on the gas...he was doing over 140 as the same slow left hand bend as he got to the far outside of the turn...before braking, he felt his body move forward only stopped by the seat belts he tried to fight it keeping himself in the seat as he downshifted from 5th to 2nd...he was still a little rough with the downshifting as he felt almost literally what was going on with the actual transmission thru his hands and feet as he turned into the corner and pressed the gas about halfway down...he could hear and feel the tires threating to lose grip again as he got into as far inside the turn as possible, about 30 or 20 cm of the grass as he saw the exit...he pressed the throttle all the way as he saw the engine RPM climb as he upshifted a gear...he felt himself pushed back again...he was still suprised even after two hours of this cars acceleration...

"It handles really well..." he thought... "Its heavy but it can hold onto sharp turns and it can accelerate quickly out of corners..." he he smiled as he upshifted a gear... "...I must be doing well...it's surprising...could I be this good?...when I'm just getting started?" he thought as he glanced at his watch for an half-second as another sharp right came up...he braked felling himself get pushed foward...held back not so well by the seat belts again as he repeats like before...he presses the gas halfway down before it occurs to him he can press it down even future as the tires still manage to hold on as he exits...

"Crap!...it's 9:30...I need to get back now!" he thought as his car disappeared past another corner...tire screeches could still be heard from far away...

and so ends chapter 1 of Initial D: From around the world, this is only the beginning of Kile's journey into the world of racing as he will soon learn many techniques and meet many drivers... --- Well there you go...hopefully I'll be able to get some confidence into continuing this but we'll only see. Please read and review, and I guess that's it, until next time.